Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can't help it: Hyped/Anxious/Sick/Excited/Frantic etc......already

NoCalMike

How when they aren't even in the same state?

Because its the only local team? Like someone living in South Carolina rooting for the Carolina Panthers, who are from North Carolina.

Who SHOULD someone in Oregon root for, if not the Seahawks? Not every state has a team.

Because its the only local team? Like someone living in South Carolina rooting for the Carolina Panthers, who are from North Carolina.

Who SHOULD someone in Oregon root for, if not the Seahawks? Not every state has a team.

How about who people in Oregon SHOULDN'T root for. How about rooting for a team for a different reason that "oh..they are somewhat close". We apparently aren't going to agree on the mindset of this topic so lets let it go. If you had to live around the inbred seahawk fans I encounter on a regular basis you may understand my annoyance. ~ Then attending a couple of playoff games there..you'd truly understand the disdain.

Killing the time killing the time killing the time...ES...NCIS rerun...ES...cleaning...ES...Criminal Minds rerun...ES...psych rerun...eating....more eating...planning tonight's eating...mail...ES...shower (almost forgot)...ES...e-mail...ES....I'm the only Redskin fan in my various social circles here (other than sports bars) and since I am staying indoors all day today and in isolation, my primary apprehension (beyond those associated with feeling we absolutely have to win this game) is some casual friend or other-team fan-pal (everyone else knows better) dropping in unannounced and me hvaing to send them away with that perplexed look on their face....

I've been trying all day to keep my mind off the game. Otherwise today would have been unbearable. Worked extra hours, then came home and spent and hour or so cutting the grass... Went for a drive...

Now as we get closer, it's getting harder and harder.

Two tidbits from today:

Saw a dude in a Witten Jersey cuffed on the side of rt 100. He was surrounded by 5 or so police officers who looked like they meant business and a bunch of cop cars. It looked like he may have started pre-gaming a bit too early and then went out for a drive. Stupid Dalass fans!

My parents happen to be driving though Dalass right now, and my Dad had no idea why they were hitting so much traffic. My dad (Cowpukes fan) called to complain about the traffic. He thought the game was at FedEx tonight :ols: My Mom (Skins fan) knew that the game was in Dalass, and didn't want to tell him for fear that he'd want to try and stop somewhere to watch it.:dallasuck

Yeah I can't wait for this game either - I want the official gameday thread to start already so I can talk with everyone/read everyone's posts

Then start it! ;)

---------- Post added September-26th-2011 at 06:39 PM ----------

How about who people in Oregon SHOULDN'T root for. How about rooting for a team for a different reason that "oh..they are somewhat close". We apparently aren't going to agree on the mindset of this topic so lets let it go. If you had to live around the inbred seahawk fans I encounter on a regular basis you may understand my annoyance. ~ Then attending a couple of playoff games there..you'd truly understand the disdain.

I don't understand. They are the closest team to Oregon. People generally root for the closest team, growing up, unless they grow up with a reason not to--for instance, I grew up a Skins fan in CT, because my dad is a Skins fan. Otherwise, once I discovered football, I probably would have been a Patriots fan. Not everyone has that influence. Why wouldn't they root for the Seahawks?

Just because you hate the Seahawks fans in your area, doesn't mean they shouldn't root for the Seahawks. It makes no sense.

Then start it! ;)

---------- Post added September-26th-2011 at 06:39 PM ----------

I don't understand. They are the closest team to Oregon. People generally root for the closest team, growing up, unless they grow up with a reason not to--for instance, I grew up a Skins fan in CT, because my dad is a Skins fan. Otherwise, once I discovered football, I probably would have been a Patriots fan. Not everyone has that influence. Why wouldn't they root for the Seahawks?

Just because you hate the Seahawks fans in your area, doesn't mean they shouldn't root for the Seahawks. It makes no sense.

We should leave this topic as dead and go with your quote of 'I don't understand'.

I'm having trouble conversing with my gf unless its skins related. Every other topic just makes me more anxious.

---------- Post added September-26th-2011 at 07:01 PM ----------

I do want to thank ES for helping me feed my Skins addiction until the game starts. I'm so antsy for the game I can't even read non redskins related football news.

Plus my FF team lost this weekend so this is the only thing left to cheer me up lol.

It's not my fault you can't comprehend what I've attempted to explain. :) but to be honest..its not worth my time.

Alright, now you're just getting insulting. I was joking. Get over yourself.

Either way, there's no place for this tonight. Cowboys are going down! :cheers:

I take it as they're so sure of themselves that they just don't care anymore, lol. I haven't seen this confident a team in, like, never. They're like the Jets right now except not nearly as annoying and loud.

Well, we just went into the middle of the field and Fletcher gave his usual motivational speech on the star, lol. Yeah, I could say we're pretty confident.

And, yes, I just quoted myself.

Archived