Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can't help it: Hyped/Anxious/Sick/Excited/Frantic etc......already

NoCalMike

I thought my nerves were under control pretty good earlier today, until I attempted to eat lunch. As soon as that first bite hit the pit of my stomach, suddenly I started feeling the feeling I usually get 5mins before kickoff where you can't eat because your emotions have you spinning.

Now I will admit tomorrow is a big day for me besides the 'Skins game, At 7:45AM Me and my wife go to a Dr. Apt to find out if we are having a boy or a girl (due date Feb. 15th) So I think that has a part in me feeling more over the top than usual when it comes to all those emotions.

Anyone else right there with me, are you feeling it already? The late games are winding down, in a an hour and a half the only game left today will be Sunday Night Football...then we are on deck!

Lets do this 'Skins! Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I am kinda nervous. Especially after seeing Buffalo and Detroit pull off impossible major upsets to remain undefeated.

Can the 'Skins do the same?

And if I may quote Deangelo Hall from yesterday:

"We're gonna go to Dallas on Monday night. The magnitude of this rivalry- y'know - I grew up in Virginia - so, y'know, I don't like these guys. So, there's no secret about that. And, y'know we gonna go out there, theres gonna be a lotta fights after the whistle, there's gonna be a lotta tongue goin' on and, I mean it's just - that's what you get when the Cowboys and Redskins play... "

I get the same nervous/jittery feeling every season going into the clashes against the Boys. It's a feeling that I love and then on the other hand hate bc ugh it does take a toll on the system. These are the games that define us as fans to a certain extent and stick out the most, it's going to feel like the ultimate if we can go into that dump and grab the win.

HTTR!!!!!

Let me get through work tomorrow...then ask me. I'll be heading home already in my Jersey ready to hit the couch with a cold beer in one hand and the TV remote in the other as soon as my shift is over at 5:30....

Not only do I want this win...we NEED this win! 3-0 baby!! Lets do this!!!

I thought my nerves were under control pretty good earlier today, until I attempted to eat lunch. As soon as that first bite hit the pit of my stomach, suddenly I started feeling the feeling I usually get 5mins before kickoff where you can't eat because your emotions have you spinning.

Now I will admit tomorrow is a big day for me besides the 'Skins game, At 7:45AM Me and my wife go to a Dr. Apt to find out if we are having a boy or a girl (due date Feb. 15th) So I think that has a part in me feeling more over the top than usual when it comes to all those emotions.

Anyone else right there with me, are you feeling it already? The late games are winding down, in a an hour and a half the only game left today will be Sunday Night Football...then we are on deck!

Lets do this 'Skins! Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

>> Name your child after the Skins MVP - Example : Santanna Moss (your last name).......

I think part of it too is because this is one of those potential stepping stone games for the 'Skins. I would never suggest the 'Skins SHOULD win. They aren't that kind of team yet,but I will say that the Cowboys are pretty banged, even though it looks like Romo sits to pee/Dez/Felix will be suiting up and starting, it is reasonable to think any of the three if not all of them could be exiting the game after taking some punishment.

We have seen lesser 'Skins teams go into Dallas and beat better Dallas teams. Of course with this rivalry we have also seen the exact opposite. It is hard to ever "expect" something in this rivarly. Blowouts happen but they are not a frequent thing.

I am really hoping the 'Skins can find a way to score first. A Touchdown though, not a FG. They really need to put the Cowboys on their heels, get those players not playing 100% feeling like they have to over extend themselves to make plays.

Now with Vick breaking his hand, I really believe if the 'Skins can maintain a game up on everyone up to the bye week it will do a lot for the confidence of the team going into the Eagles game after the week of rest. With all the injuries hitting the other teams, I have this feeling the 'Skins could end up ahead of schedule record wise in 2011, if they are able to play disciplined football mixing the run & pass evenly and taking advantage of playaction.

If anything it certainly doesn't look like any team in the NFC East is good enough to run away with the division. It should be a tight ship. The door right now is cracked open, up to the 'Skins to kick it in.

I am kinda nervous. Especially after seeing Buffalo and Detroit pull off impossible major upsets to remain undefeated.

Can the 'Skins do the same?

And if I may quote Deangelo Hall from yesterday:

"We're gonna go to Dallas on Monday night. The magnitude of this rivalry- y'know - I grew up in Virginia - so, y'know, I don't like these guys. So, there's no secret about that. And, y'know we gonna go out there, theres gonna be a lotta fights after the whistle, there's gonna be a lotta tongue goin' on and, I mean it's just - that's what you get when the Cowboys and Redskins play... "

i would hope there wouldnt be any tongue DURING the game. hold all that for AFTER, if they dont mind...

There are so many guys on our team who have never played a game in this rivalry. That worries me.

That could be a good thing though. I love the rivalry history, but if it helps the players focus a little bit more then I'm cool. Rivalries in today's football are more fan & media based just due to how players move from team to team so much.

I'm ready and nervous. Probably won't sleep at all tonight or tomorrow night after the game. Really don't feel like going to work tomorrow either, but it's probably best that I do, it'll be the only 8 hours of my day that I'm not completely focused on this game (minus breaks and lunch) lol This is so exciting. Skins really have a chance to open some eyes and really prove that this is a different team. I hope they don't disappoint and dominate the 'Boys in this game. 8:30pm Monday can't come soon enough

Archived