Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

nfl.com: Where are they now? 10 years after Lewis laid out Bledsoe

ACW

Belichick/Brady have put up some unbelievable numbers since the 2004 season.

They haven't won a Super Bowl since then though.

Brady was better when he wasn't a superstar, so was Belichick, he was on a losing streak in the playoffs before spygate. They won 3 of 4 Super Bowls without any of the recent superstar lineups.

When Gibbs led the Redskins from 1981-1992 he never lost his edge. The Skins won when they made it to the post season, more often than not, even against superior teams. That may be why he quit when he did. It has to be hard work beating superior teams year after year, as Joe did, according to the "experts". He never had a Randy Moss, or a Franchise QB either.

Perhaps Belichick should have retired after the 2004 season. Until then his regime in New England seemed to follow Gibbs success. Winning despite having less "talent". Since then he's hurt his cause, IMO. He's not improving his legacy any by staying after that season. Parcells knew when to get out of NY. Maybe Belichick should have done the same in New England. Since 2004 New England has been a hot stop for Free Agents, sometime HOF level Free Agents (Dillon, Moss, Seau) but they've won as many post season games since 2004 as they have lost and haven't been back to the Super Bowl.

I was once impressed by Belichick, not anymore. He's now as overrated as Shanahan was for the last several years in Denver.

Nonsense. They nearly went perfect, Brady blew out his knee (one year down and Belichick still went 11-5 with Brady and bunch of other key players on IR), Brady took the next season getting his **** back together (two years down), then last year he had the 2nd best season of his careeer (36 TD's vs only 4 INT's is insane) and they won 14 freaking games. Now they're arguably the best team in the league--again--and Brady is already setting records--again.

Just plain old hater bs.

I've never gotten the hate for Brady. To me, the guy has always carried himself really well, be in on the field, or in the media. Classy guy. I think people are just envious of the supermodels and the super bowls. Definitely too many haters out there.

I agree. Though, my wife, who is from Indy and a Colts fan, hates him for obvious reasons. But, that is just rivalry hate (though hate may be too strong of a word), which I think is part of sports. She doesn't hate the man though. There are so many people that do hate the man, player, everything. I don't get it. The guy has talent, brains, and , of course, some luck. It is not his fault that he has these things. He used his opportunities to the best of his abilities. It isn't like he has **** on everyone and screwed people over to get to the top. He worked his way there. I know some people have said that he lacks class because he runs up the score. First, it is the other teams jobs to stop him from scoring. Second, if his coach and/or coordinator tell him to execute a play and he does, how does that make him classless?

On the same note, I don't get all the hate for Bilichick either. Once again, damn good coach. The whole spygate thing is way over-blown. I am positive he wasn't doing anything that most, if not all other teams, weren't doing. He got caught. And, how? By a former employee blowing the whistle when he couldn't beat him on the field. I believe the reason why the tapes where "destroyed" by the league is because they knew that everyone was doing it. Take that off his resume, and BB is just a damn good coach. One of the best. Hell, I get sick of all the Parcells love around the league. BP was nothing without BB. He never won a damn thing without having him as his DC. Don't hate a guy because he is one of the best.

Jealousy gets you nowhere.

We should be so blessed to witness the greatness that is on display every time Brady takes the field. As mentioned before, the guy is a class act, a model citizen, a family man, etc, etc, etc.

Want people to hate you in this country? Be successful.

AND he's rich and banging Gisele.

I've never gotten the hate for Brady. To me, the guy has always carried himself really well, be in on the field, or in the media. Classy guy. I think people are just envious of the supermodels and the super bowls. Definitely too many haters out there.

Agreed. And though I like Manning, I think Manning's persona has led to people classifying him as "the great guy" while Brady is a dick because....well, because he's good looking and has a beautiful wife and is an all-time great. Manning is the one who, I'd argue, has thrown his teammates into the critical flames at times, in a way that Brady simply doesn't. Sure, he's super confident in himself, especially years removed from the knee injury (on a dirty play, by the way) but so are the other great QBs.

Plus, I can't hate on a Michigan man. At least not this one.

Archived