Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Move Cooley back to H Back/Full Back

Hal2856

I'd leave Chris where he is at TE, but I would strongly consider making Fred our #1WR, moving Santana to the slot. When I see Davis catching a ball now, i can't even tell he is a tight end. He looks like a bigger WR. Why the hell not right? We are all asking about whether Cooley is a gonner. Last I checked, he is a pro bowl caliber tight end. I'd find ways to keep him that way and Fred got his ass so into shape, that I actually think a position change could be in order FOR HIM not Cooley.

Unless you can explain how an H-back would work in a WCO, then there is no point to this thread other than some random musing that wasn't thought out.

Now, if the argument showed the mismatches it could create in the backfield, and again how it could be effectively used in a WCO, then THAT would be an excellent thread and a great topic to discuss.

But H-back is from the Coryell system, it is not used in a WCO, but, as already pointed out, a 2 TE set is, which we are using more of and I imagine we will keep increasing its use as Cooley gets healthier too.

When i saw Cooley lining up i thought about remembered this thread and how you got blasted a little bit for this thought...People forget that these are world class athletes and some positions can be pretty interchangeable. You definitely called that one OP, that was a nice little wrinkle early in the game and got Cooley open on a few passes down field. I do however think we could have run a little more power running game in 2nd half with Sellers in there but of course hind site is 20/20.

When i saw Cooley lining up i thought about remembered this thread and how you got blasted a little bit for this thought...People forget that these are world class athletes and some positions can be pretty interchangeable. You definitely called that one OP, that was a nice little wrinkle early in the game and got Cooley open on a few passes down field. I do however think we could have run a little more power running game in 2nd half with Sellers in there but of course hind site is 20/20.

Both Young and Sellers were hurt, that's why Chris got looks as a FB and even got two carries.

Archived