Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Forget "Sucky for Lucky" and lets "Play for Today"

rookieskin

I am so frigging sick and tired of hearing "Let's trade for Luck"

I am so tired of hearing "Gotta draft a real QB"

I am so tired of hearing "Let's trade Cooley"

I am so tired of hearing "Should we get rid of Torain"

Sheeesh people, for that matter now that we have Kerrigan, maybe we can trade Orakpo for the first round pick and get Lucky and secure the franchise!!!

I am enjoying seeing this team come around and start looking like a skins team should look.

The emergance of Fred Davis

The smart play of Rex Grossman

The sweet potential unfolding in Kerrigan

The tenacious play of Kevin Barnes

The breathtaking speed and breakaway potential of Banks

The gritty grinding of Montgomery

The blazing passion of Moss

The fierce focus of Cofield and Bowen

The race with the reaper gambling of Hall

The thundering rumbling of Hightower and Helu

I love the focused coaching of Kyle and Shanny and Haslett.

I have truly enjoyed our 2-0 start.

Forget about drafting the next Peyton or Brees or Fitzgerald in next years draft.

While I would love to see us draft an Olineman that can singlehandedly block Ware, that is meaningless right now.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride cause it has been a long time coming, and the good feelings could evaporate with one disasterous loss.

And if I hear someone touting Andrew #UCK one more time, I am going to turn Dirty 30 loose on your silly self.

I'm tired of hearing the word "swagger". If you use that word, by definition, you are a douchetard. Given how your post started out, thought this would be a good place to type that.

I think the league has gone so utterly QB crazy they've forgotten about some other positions. Mike and Bruce were able to capitalize. I hope 10 QB's go in next year's first round, along with 5 Left Tackles, 5 DT's, and 10 CB's... which seems to be the only positions Teams care about in the first round anymore. Leave the rest to us again.

I also think that drafting Luck is far from a guarantee of winning in years to come. Tired of hearing about it myself.

And if I hear someone touting Andrew #UCK one more time, I am going to turn Dirty 30 loose on your silly self.

You're going to hear it a lot. He's the best QB prospect in the draft, and in quite some time. He's just not going to be playing football on Sundays in DC.

i want a franchise QB.

Rex isnt one.

Teams without franchise QBs dont win superbowls (please no trent dilfer talk)

We need a franchise QB

We have to draft one.

This.

And OP,

enjoying our current success and wishing for future success in the form of a franchise QB are not mutually exclusive. So kindly stop whining about what you don't like to read.

i want a franchise QB.

Rex isnt one.

We need a franchise QB

We have to draft one.

Tom Brady, 5th round.

There are plenty of QBs drafted in the first round who don't pan out. We'd all like the next Peyton Manning, but it makes no sense to not try to be as good as you can possibly be with the current makeup. There are no guarantees. What you have now is what you roll with. At draft time, see what's out there.

Tom Brady, 5th round.

There are plenty of QBs drafted in the first round who don't pan out. We'd all like the next Peyton Manning, but it makes no sense to not try to be as good as you can possibly be with the current makeup. There are no guarantees. What you have now is what you roll with. At draft time, see what's out there.

Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round and his situation is a huge exception. The vast majority of franchise-caliber QBs are drafted early in the draft. It makes more sense to play the odds and draft the best as early as you can.

None of that means that you have to tank your season to do so.

I think the league has gone so utterly QB crazy they've forgotten about some other positions. Mike and Bruce were able to capitalize. I hope 10 QB's go in next year's first round, along with 5 Left Tackles, 5 DT's, and 10 CB's... which seems to be the only positions Teams care about in the first round anymore. Leave the rest to us again.

Exactly. I think we are seeing now how good of a draft we had this year. Shanny/Allen drafted quality players who can contribute. They didn't risk our 1st round pick on the next "franchise" QB. While other teams were out looking for their next superstar, they quietly drafted guys who want to work hard to win.

All this talk about how we have to tank the season or trade the house to draft Luck is a joke. Football is a team sport. It takes a team to win it all. We can't fix the team with one player, we as Skins fans should know that better than anybody. Who says we can't draft a good QB later in the 1st round or the 2nd or 3rd round for that matter?

We need to focus on this season now. I think we're already starting to turn some heads. When next year's draft come around I'm confident Shanny/Allen will find quality players once again.

Tom Brady, 5th round.

again, tom brady is the exception, not the rule. if youd like to just gamble on 5th rounders every year and hope some day we hit on the next tom brady, chances are were gonna be stuck for a long time.

rivers, rodgers, manning, manning, roethlisburger, freeman, bradford, stafford, ryan, cutler, flacco, mcnabb, hell brees was the 1st pick of the 2nd round.

the majority of the big time QBs are 1st rounders. if you wanna hope we find a brady, warner, Romo sits to pee type guy, we're gonna be waiting a long frigging time.

i want a franchise QB.

Rex isnt one.

We need a franchise QB

We have to draft one.

BLC, I want a franchise QB as well. But I think people have gone way too far with it. Just in the past decade or so, 3 non-franchise QBs have won a Super Bowl. Eli Manning, Brad Johnson, and Trent Dilfer (sorry) have all hoisted the Lombardi trophy and I don't believe they are franchise QBs. I'm also not sold on Big Ben, but I know I'll lose that debate so I'll count him as one for the sake of argument.

I'd love to add a young, promising QB to this team. I think we will. But I don't believe we have no hope of a championship if we don't get one. In addition to the guys I named who have won a Super Bowl, players like Rich Gannon, Jake Delhomme, Matt Hasselback, and our own Rex Grossman have played in Super Bowls in the past 10 years. That punches holes in the franchise QB theory to me.

Edit: I just read your above post and I'm not sure I understand what qualifies as a franchise QB in your mind. Can you define it for me?

BLC, I want a franchise QB as well. But I think people have gone way too far with it. Just in the past decade or so, 3 non-franchise QBs have won a Super Bowl. Eli Manning, Brad Johnson, and Trent Dilfer (sorry) have all hoisted the Lombardi trophy and I don't believe they are franchise QBs. I'm also not sold on Big Ben, but I know I'll lose that debate so I'll count him as one for the sake of argument.

I'd love to add a young, promising QB to this team. I think we will. But I don't believe we have no hope of a championship if we don't get one. In addition to the guys I named who have won a Super Bowl, players like Rich Gannon, Jake Delhomme, Matt Hasselback, and our own Rex Grossman have played in Super Bowls in the past 10 years. That punches holes in the franchise QB theory to me.

Edit: I just read your above post and I'm not sure I understand what qualifies as a franchise QB in your mind. Can you define it for me?

eli is a franchise QB, hes just bottom of the totem pole on that list of the big guys.

those guys all lost, and most of them got crushed. gannons team got shredded, the bears had no chance, hasselbecks team got slayed, delhomme is the only one that got close. none of these guys were capable of taking over a game and dominating with regularity (to my next point):

a franchise QB, to me, is a guy that can take over a game and put the team on his back. i think by now you should know the kind of guy im talking about: makes all the throws, makes plays when the team needs it, throws lots of touchdowns, minimizes turnovers, knows how to lead a team, etc. if this team keeps playing like this we can probably win 10 games with this group, and we'd probably just get crushed in the playoffs, like most of shannys teams with plummer.

shanny made the playoffs 4 times without elway.

2000 with griese: crushed 21-3.

2003 with plummer: oblierated 41-10

2004 with plummer: slaughtered 49-24

2005 with plummer: finally won a game, then got spanked in the divisional games.

so:

shanahan with franchise QB in elway: 7-1, 2 superbowl wins

shanahan without franchise QB: 1-4, never made it past divisonal game

is that a coincidence? i think not.

Your wasting your time on the majority BLC man.

It's either totally lost on them; they have anointed Grossman the new saviour; or they think your a 'hater' by definition because your not 100% buying into the guy currently under center.

Hail.

I don't think that's true at all. I think there is still a lot of skepticism on whether or not Grossman can be our QB for the entire season, let alone several seasons on end.

Your wasting your time on the majority BLC man.

It's either totally lost on them; they have anointed Grossman the new saviour; or they think your a 'hater' by definition because your not 100% buying into the guy currently under center.

Hail.

dont get me wrong, grossman is playing well, has exceeded my expectations and proven me wrong big time so far, and i think we're way better than i gave us credit for. however, he is not the answer nor the future by any stretch. we will never win a superbowl without a franchise QB, its that simple. this is a QB league, and always will be as long as the rules stay the same.

we still need a franchise QB, and if we cant get luck, id like jones or barkley. or hell, im waiting for bruce to trade two full drafts for luck lol.

I don't think that's true at all. I think there is still a lot of skepticism on whether or not Grossman can be our QB for the entire season, let alone several seasons on end.

I think you've missed a lot of posts that have just stopped short of being 'told you so' posts TD_w of late. After two games.

The rational, level headed posters like yourself are still reserving judgement. The majority who follow like sheep on the other hand .....

Hail.

Tom Brady, 5th round.

And I am so tired of people ALWAYS bringing this up. Brady was a diamond in the rough, who was put in the perfect system with the perfect coach to lead him to succeed. The odds of finding another QB like that in the 6th round are one in a million. We'll end up with a QB like Landry Jones or perhaps Ryan Tannehill.

eli is a franchise QB, hes just bottom of the totem pole on that list of the big guys.

those guys all lost, and most of them got crushed. gannons team got shredded, the bears had no chance, hasselbecks team got slayed, delhomme is the only one that got close. none of these guys were capable of taking over a game and dominating with regularity (to my next point):

a franchise QB, to me, is a guy that can take over a game and put the team on his back. i think by now you should know the kind of guy im talking about: makes all the throws, makes plays when the team needs it, throws lots of touchdowns, minimizes turnovers, knows how to lead a team, etc. if this team keeps playing like this we can probably win 10 games with this group, and we'd probably just get crushed in the playoffs, like most of shannys teams with plummer.

shanny made the playoffs 4 times without elway.

2000 with griese: crushed 21-3.

2003 with plummer: oblierated 41-10

2004 with plummer: slaughtered 49-24

2005 with plummer: finally won a game, then got spanked in the divisional games.

so:

shanahan with franchise QB in elway: 7-1, 2 superbowl wins

shanahan without franchise QB: 1-4, never made it past divisonal game

is that a coincidence? i think not.

It's a good argument and I agree that we need an upgraded QB moving forward. I just look at it a little differently. With a couple rare exceptions, I think that the target organization itself is just as big a factor in determining whether or not a QB will become a franchise QB.

In reply to those who say trade Cooley, cut/trade Torain. This is called depth, I know your not used to it, but once you are you won't be crapping your pants everytime a player goes down with an injury.

Clearly you don't understand why trading Cooley would have been a good idea, which is odd, because it has everything to do with depth.

To the OP.. you probably won't be seeing too many Suck for Luck threads anymore.

One, we're likely not going to be anywhere near the running for that top pick

and two, I don't think that we could suck worse than the Colts if we put the cheerleaders in pads and let them play.

~Bang

Archived