Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo Sports: Redskins’ Hall says he’ll target Tony Romo’s ribs

emor09

ASHBURN, Va. (AP)—Tony Romo sits to pee(notes) has a fractured rib. DeAngelo Hall(notes) sees it as a bull’s-eye.

The Washington Redskins cornerback said Wednesday he’s hoping the Dallas Cowboys quarterback plays when the NFC East rivals meet Monday night—if only for the chance to inflict more damage.

“Absolutely. I want to get a chance to put my helmet on whatever’s hurt,” Hall said. “Romo sits to pee’s ribs—I’m going to be asking for some corner blitzes. If I know Felix Jones’(notes) shoulder’s hurt, I’m not going to cut him. I’m definitely going to try to hit him up high, so that’s just part of it.

“If you know something’s wrong with an opponent, you’re going to try to target in on that. We’re going to try to definitely get as many hats on that team as possible.”

Romo sits to pee suffered a fractured rib and punctured lung at San Francisco on Sunday, but he returned to the game to lead an overtime win.

The Cowboys had an extra day off Wednesday, but Dallas coach Jason Garrett told Redskins reporters on a conference call that he remains hopeful that Romo sits to pee will play against Washington.

“I think he’s doing fine,” Garrett said. “He got knocked around a little bit on Sunday, but he’s getting his rehab and hopefully he’ll be ready to play for this ballgame. We’ll take it day to day, the next few days.”

Garrett gave no specific updates on the other notable Cowboys injuries. Receiver Miles Austin(notes) aggravated a hamstring injury Sunday, starting center Phil Costa(notes) reinjured his right knee, receiver Dez Bryant(notes) has been out with a bruised thigh, and running back Jones has the ailing shoulder.

Hall was asked if Romo sits to pee should just go ahead and put a target on the rib that was broken.

“He ain’t got to,” Hall said. “I already know where it is. We’ll be all right. We find it. I’ll find it.”

Joseph White can be reached at http://twitter.com/JGWhiteAP

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-cowboys-injuries

Everyone knows we're going to do it, Deangelo just came out and said it.

if your coach wants to make you look like a hero by detailing your specific injuries so everyone can ignore that you barely eeked by the same 49ers who needed two return tds to pull away from seattle, then you have to live with the repercussions.

you think bellicheck cares about making anybody on his team look good by playing through injury? hell no, he doesn't want teams to know of injuries for the very reason that DHall has brought up.

if your coach wants to make you look like a hero by detailing you're specific injuries so everyone can ignore that you barely eeked by the same 49ers who needed two return tds to pull away from seattle, then you have to live with the repercussions

Great point, although much of that "hero" stuff was just your run of the mill Cowgirl ESPN knob slobbing. I'm not sure Garrett's intentions were as such.

If they do play their injured, I just hope the refs dont treat them like there some kind of national treasure.. If they enter the game, they should be prepared to be hit, full force!! Dont need any flag happy refs trying to protect someone who should be on the sidelines to being with!!

I love the attitude of D Hall. You wouldn't expect "hitting" talk from him. Landry, Fletcher, Orakpo, sure. But Hall? That's outstanding.

Actually, Orakpo said something similar, but the Yahoo article left that out. Here is what I read on ESPN: http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/7001079/washington-redskins-deangelo-hall-says-target-tony-Romo sits to pee-ribs

Archived