Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hostels in Washington? (Hook 2 international fans up! :) )

Marlin02

Hey 'Skins fans!

We're 2 football fanatics from Sweden (Ye, Europe!) travelling to DC for the 49ers @ 'Skins game in November.

We're looking for a good place to stay at an affordable price!

Our plan/wish is to stay somewhere where we can:

- Meet a lot of people (Hostel)

- Get around town (sightseeing?) without riding a bus/ train for 2 long

- Party it up (BIG time! :cool: )

- Meet 'Skins fans! :logo:

(Now... my "retard" friend is a 49ers fan but, I don't care. It's OUR HOUSE so I call the shots and I wanna meet my fellow Skins fans, Hail yeah! ;)

It would be very much appretiated if you have any suggestions on where we should stay and hang out.

Also, anyone feel like hooking us 2 up with a nice TAILGATE-party before kickoff? :laugh:

Looking forward to be among friends for once!

Hail to you all, fellow 'Skins fans!

/Martin (and Gus)

I would stay at a cheap hotel/motel in the college park area and take the train.

I had a car in the shop when I moved to Boston had to fly back to pick it up and stayed at a hostel...I left after 2 hours of sleep, on top of the covers fully dressed. Got a decent hotel room and enjoyed the rest of my weekend. I don't like sharing my bathroom, and do not like sleeping in a place that I am not sure is clean. It was a creepy old rowhouse in Adams Morgan.

I would stay at a cheap hotel/motel in the college park area and take the train.

I had a car in the shop when I moved to Boston had to fly back to pick it up and stayed at a hostel...I left after 2 hours of sleep, on top of the covers fully dressed. Got a decent hotel room and enjoyed the rest of my weekend. I don't like sharing my bathroom, and do not like sleeping in a place that I am not sure is clean. It was a creepy old rowhouse in Adams Morgan.

Yea, I don't think hostels are the same thing here as in Europe. I wouldn't stay in College Park though. If you're coming from Sweden, stay in either downtown (chinatown), Dupont Circle, Adams Morgan, or Georgetown.

The youth hostel on 11th and K in DC was once in the middle of nowhere. But now with all the redevelopment it is incredibly well located to bars and restaurants.
This is the hostel you want: http://www.hiwashingtondc.org/

4 blocks north of Metro Center, where you can take the blue line to FedEx. Also walking distance to the K street clubs, or restaurants/bars in Logan Circle or Chinatown.

Martin, don't go the hostel route dude. Stay at a nice hotel. You probably don't come over very often, live it up. $250 a night but so what, you can split it with Gus.

Allow 2 days for sightseeing, at least. Hell, the Smithsonian will eat up an entire day and you still will only see a tiny percentage of it.

Hit the ES Tailgate, the details will be on this site ahead of time. Check back game-week. In the meantime, send a PM to ES Members pez and huly, they organize the tailgates and can answer any specific questions about the gameday experience.

Have fun. Just know in advance, Americans are a bit more obnoxious than Swedes, to say the least. Get ready for a wild ride- and have fun.

Thanks for all the great answers guys! Really appretiate it :)

I'll look in to each and every one of your suggestion before making up my mind!

Cheers and Hail!

/Martin

---------- Post added September-21st-2011 at 08:43 PM ----------

Hit the ES Tailgate, the details will be on this site ahead of time. Check back game-week. In the meantime, send a PM to ES Members pez and huly, they organize the tailgates and can answer any specific questions about the gameday experience.

Have fun. Just know in advance, Americans are a bit more obnoxious than Swedes, to say the least. Get ready for a wild ride- and have fun.

I'll will most definetly do that, thanx!

One question though, my buddy, Gus (U know.. the 49ers fan..) U think he'll be welcome or should I send him to his onw kind? ;)

/Martin

I'll will most definetly do that, thanx!

One question though, my buddy, Gus (U know.. the 49ers fan..) U think he'll be welcome or should I send him to his onw kind? ;)

/Martin

of course he will be welcome. The only people who are discriminated against at ES Tailgates are jackasses. Which, coincidentally enough, tend to be opposing team fans:). You might give everyone the heads up ahead of time you're bringing a 9ers fan, but I'm sure he'll be fine.

Tell Gus to expect a lot of good-natured ribbing and smack talk. If he has thin skin you might warn him ahead of time ;)

of course he will be welcome. The only people who are discriminated against at ES Tailgates are jackasses. Which, coincidentally enough, tend to be opposing team fans:). You might give everyone the heads up ahead of time you're bringing a 9ers fan, but I'm sure he'll be fine.

Tell Gus to expect a lot of good-natured ribbing and smack talk. If he has thin skin you might warn him ahead of time ;)

Sounds perfekt. I'm already super-hyped about this whole ting! :)

We went to London last year for the annual game there.. that time I had to go with him as the 49ers played Denver. But, hey U get what U can when you live as far away as we do. Anyways, there was no "real" tailgate party there for obvious reasons so I'm looking forward to that :)

And lucky for us neither one of us is a jackass, far from it, we just love the sport and everything that surrounds it!

And ye, he's got plenty thick skin. He'll be just fine. Let him have it...I'll help ;)

• 1 month later...

Update: We took you advice and booked a hotel instead of a hostel and haven't regret it. We're staying at the Washington Plaza Hotel (Thomas Circle).

Perfect location and comfy beds. Again, thanx for all your advice!

See you at the ES Tailgate on Sunday!

HTTR!

Archived