Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs. Dallas on ESPN: Will this be airing locally?

jonnyboy383

I ask because I cancelled my cable TV at home. Got tired of paying $150 and getting raped by Comcast.

need to learn to negotiate. Cable is one of the easiest things to negotiate. Before I switched to Direct Tv (also easy to negotiate), I would beat up the cable company every other month. I'd screw them.

Really i didn't think they could..i know the Giants game last night wasn't on localy just ESPN..:whoknows:

I'm almost sure that the MNF game gets simulcast over broadcast stations in the home markets of the teams playing. So for last night's game, viewers in St. Louis and New York City could watch even if they didn't have cable. Is Albany considered part of NYC's local viewing area?

Hmmm, interesting. I never knew that.

---------- Post added September-20th-2011 at 03:19 PM ----------

I'm almost sure that the MNF game gets simulcast over broadcast stations in the home markets of the teams playing. So for last night's game, viewers in St. Louis and New York City could watch even if they didn't have cable. Is Albany considered part of NYC's local viewing area?

I doubt it, but it sure feels like it most of the time. :ols:

The NFL requires local market broadcasts of games of the teams involved in exclusive cable broadcasts to be made available via airwaves (local t.v. station).

>> I agree. My on screen TV listings shows the game on WDCA at 8:30 PM. If you don't have cable, then see if you can get it with the rabbit ears. If you have an old analog TV, you will need a converter box or if you can not get it, go to a Sports Bar, restaurant, etc - I am sure every place in the DC area will have the game on.

---------- Post added September-20th-2011 at 09:09 PM ----------

I ask because I cancelled my cable TV at home. Got tired of paying $150 and getting raped by Comcast.

WDCA will have it. WJLA is showing Dancing with the Stars.

Archived