Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does Cooley emerge against the Cowboys?

mojo

I've been very pleased with what Davis has been able to do this season and it seems that many people are writing off Cooley but I'm thinking he'll remind folks of the kind of player he is on Monday for two reasons.

1) Teams have 2 weeks of film on Davis and realize he's becoming a focal point of our offense. If the Boys gear up to stop him, I could see Cooley having some very favorable match ups.

2) Hopefully Cooley is getting back in game shape after an injury plagued offseason.

No to mention, Cooley had a knack for doing damage against the Cowboys.

Any thoughts?

I've been very pleased with what Davis has been able to do this season and it seems that many people are writing off Cooley but I'm thinking he'll remind folks of the kind of player he is on Monday for two reasons.

1) Teams have 2 weeks of film on Davis and realize he's becoming a focal point of our offense. If the Boys gear up to stop him, I could see Cooley having some very favorable match ups.

2) Hopefully, Cooley has had a couple weeks to get in game shape after an injury plagued offseason.

No to mention, Cooley had a knack for doing damage against the Cowboys.

Any thoughts?

That's what I was thinking. Start game planning for Davis and Captain Chaos will get you!

Even if they know about Davis, he's exactly the type of TE you want. Too fast for a LB to defend, too big for a DB to defend. It'll be like shooting fish in a barrel for Freddie D 83. None of their 3 LBs (because they're not going to drop Ware into coverage) is good enough to cover him, and their DBs aren't good enough to cover our WRs. Like GHH said, the only concern is Rex getting the ball out before Ware gets to him.

Guys, let it go. Cooley had his run, now let the young guy have the spotlight.

No Way Man! Cooley is still a great player AND a great Redskin.

There is no reason why Davis and Cooley can't both have a huge year for us.

I'm glad the players don't share your loyalty to their teamates.

Why don't you go.

I'm just getting the vibe that some of you want Davis to fail so Cooley can get his spot back.

Not sure where you get that vibe from. I've been highly impressed by what Davis has brought to the table this season and I hope our front office locks him up ASAP. I'm just confident the Cooley still has a lot left in the tank and eventually he's going to have a monster game. My gut tells me it might be this week.

I'm just getting the vibe that some of you want Davis to fail so Cooley can get his spot back.

This.

Cooley has always been more popular than his actual worth, but it was underdtandable because he was a good player and mostly bad teams and an easy guy to root for. He has had a very nice career as a Redskin an was a fantastic draft pick. But he's slowed down some the past couple of years and injuries have mounted. It is clear to anyone with eyeballs that Davis is a far superior talent and seems to now have figured out the nuances of the game as well. Point blank, Fred Davis is a MUCH better football player than Chris Cooley at this point.

I'm not saying Cooley is worthless. He is a good second TE and hopefully we can work him in even more... and if Davis were to miss a game or two, I'd be comfortable with Cooley filling in.

But people need to accept the fact that Chris Cooley is now a clear second option to Davis.

Question: Do any of you feel that there's a certain contingent of Skins fans who want Davis to falter on Cooley's behalf?

Most definitely, and as PCS says, it goes the other way for the Davis backers.

I've honestly only ever want Larry Johnson to fail here, but that was because I don't care for gutless woman beaters on my team. Even jackwagons like ME-ion you wanted to do well. To do anything other defeats the object surely? I want Luck or Jone BAD next April, but I don't intentionally wish bad on the current group to get to that stage.

Hail.

Something tell's me that Cooley's knee is worse than they are letting on, there is no excuse for Cooley not to have atleast one reception in last weeks game. He is out there as a decoy. I would hope he will show up and get some catches but I don't think his knee is getting any better, probably something he will have to deal with all year. The only person I "fear" is Ware. If we can get him blocked I think we could blow Dallas out. I also hope that Bryant is still hurt cause I think he could be big if Wilson isn't out there, and doesn't Witten always have a good game against us. I am hoping Orakpo puts a shot on Romo sits to pee like he did on Kolb, Romo sits to pee won't come back from that unless they seriously dope him up. HAIL!!!!!

This.

Cooley has always been more popular than his actual worth, but it was underdtandable because he was a good player and mostly bad teams and an easy guy to root for. He has had a very nice career as a Redskin an was a fantastic draft pick. But he's slowed down some the past couple of years and injuries have mounted. It is clear to anyone with eyeballs that Davis is a far superior talent and seems to now have figured out the nuances of the game as well. Point blank, Fred Davis is a MUCH better football player than Chris Cooley at this point.

I'm not saying Cooley is worthless. He is a good second TE and hopefully we can work him in even more... and if Davis were to miss a game or two, I'd be comfortable with Cooley filling in.

But people need to accept the fact that Chris Cooley is now a clear second option to Davis.

No doubt that Davis should be our first option. But Davis seems to have taken his game to a new level, and physically, he's a freak for a TE. So being 2nd option to that kind of talent doesn't mean Cooley is a slouch or incapable of big time performances. A lot of teams would love to have Cooley on the roster.

I've honestly only ever want Larry Johnson to fail here, but that was because I don't care for gutless woman beaters on my team. Even jackwagons like ME-ion you wanted to do well. To do anything other defeats the object surely? I want Luck or Jone BAD next April, but I don't intentionally wish bad on the current group to get to that stage.

Hail.

It's always been like this here. Team drafts young guy with potential and one that some followed in college and the youth movement,so and so is over the hill starts soon thereafter. Conversely,vet who is a fan favorite needs to retire as a Redskins and man that young guy ain't got nuthin'. Same as it always was.

Hail.

I agree.

IMO, the best man should be on the field. At this point, I feel as though Davis is the far superior player. It's no knock on Cooley, but the reality of the situation. Personally, I think that this is Cooley's last year in B&G. If it is, he's had a GREAT run. I hope that Davis can continue to do well and make the most of this opportunity. He's earned it.

I'm not sure why we even played Cooley in the last couple games, his knee was obviously in much worse shape than they said. Last week he pretty much only played as a blocker.

For some reason no team ever puts a defender on Davis, so we should just keep giving him the rock until a defense decides to do something about it. Give Paulsen some more reps, and let Cooley sit until he's actually fit to play football.

Archived