Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Homer: Fred Davis: "We're not the same old Redskins"

themurf

Dang GAC, can you let one outrageous statement come true (I am talking about your Dwight Howard to the Wizards mess) before you make another??? :ols:

Can't wait until everyone bows down to me...yet again (see Decision, The)

But seriously, if Dwight doesn't come here--which is touch and go since he's in the same division--then either Blake Griffin or DeMarcus Cousins will. It's pretty simple: People are going to want to play with John Wall. And Ted certainly helps.

I remember coming out he was referred to as the best TE in the nation.

Really? You remember him being referred to as the best tight end in the country? Do you think that had anything to do with him winning the Mackey Award as college football's best tight end in 2007?

Can't wait until everyone bows down to me...yet again (see Decision, The)

But seriously, if Dwight doesn't come here--which is touch and go since he's in the same division--then either Blake Griffin or DeMarcus Cousins will. It's pretty simple: People are going to want to play with John Wall. And Ted certainly helps.

I already told you, I am with you.

A blind man could have seen that Fred Davis was going to be the best out of that 08' Draft class. What I did expect that Cooley would get injured multiple times and Davis would be able to come in and not only contribute, but be able to match Cooley's production. I said it once and I will say it again, we need to extend him ASAP, the better he does, the more he will want.

a

6 Catches of over 20 yards is great... He's svelte this year, can go over the middle & get up high in traffic displaying good hands. The man looks tremendous & appears to be a matchup nightmare for opposing defenses. How will Dallas game plan him ? He's a nightmare for safeties & LB's... Im sure they'll move Ware around a lot to try & hide him to confuse the offense.. They'll be aggressive & blitz heavy like the Cards, I believe.

dallass can get some of their own medicine, like they've done to teams for years with Witten... hopefully Cooley will be healthy and they'll have 2x the fun trying to stop both guys.

Really? You remember him being referred to as the best tight end in the country? Do you think that had anything to do with him winning the Mackey Award as college football's best tight end in 2007?

yeah, it had everything to do with the award. This is what some of the analysts referred to justify the claim.

Where is the love bro? Don't ask them to change if you refuse to....have some faith be happy the players finally have confidence and want to win.

It's all good. I have faith they'll reach at least 9 wins. More would be OK... and 11 would be spot on. BTW, I like FD and I'm not questioning his quote... I'm enhancing it. We can do it!

---------- Post added September-20th-2011 at 11:26 PM ----------

Win 9 or more and it is spot on. Go Freddie, get you some.

I picked 11 games because the old Redskins haven't won anymore than 10 since our last SB. Actually, win more than 2 playoff games and it would be spot on.

Nice interview, Murf.

However, I disagree with one statement you made at the beginning of your article, and that is that Grossman has "silenced his critics".

Unfortunately, that isn't the case. The still general attitude out there in criticland is that the Redskins aren't going anywhere because Rex is Rex.

They're wrong, IMO, but they aren't ready to let go of snickering at Grossman starting for us yet.

Archived