Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPNChicago: Cutler took kick to throat

Santana_89

"I got kicked in the throat at the start of the third quarter," Cutler said. "It was worse in the third quarter and fourth quarter with my voice. Guys I guess couldn't hear the snap count and the plays coming out. "

Cutler was sacked six times -- five in the fourth quarter -- and finished with a passer rating of 67.3. On multiple occasions, Saints defenders had a clear path to Cutler after they came free off the edge without being touched.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story...plicated-calls

I feel bad for Cutler he's already been sacked 11 times in only TWO games this season. I know Martz is supposed to be a mad genius or whatever but Cutler is going to get seriously hurt if they don't do SOMETHING.

In the 2008 season with Denver he was sacked 11 times that entire 16 game season.

Here's something else I couldn't believe:

No quarterback in the NFL has been sacked or hit more regularly over the past two seasons than Jay Cutler. Fox broadcast the stats during the game action. Jay has been sacked 95 times since 2009. Well, add six more to that total because Jay was smothered six more times today by the Saints:yikes: He was hit a 15 times during the game. These were not love taps either; they were body blows like from EA’s video game Mike Tyson’s Punch Out!

http://www.csnchicago.com/09/18/11/15-on-6-Cutler-feeling-sore/landing_15on6_v3.html?blockID=564809&feedID=626

I wonder if he regrets being traded to Chicago three years ago? I saw the highlights and it was ugly:( At some point Lovie Smith needs to step in and tell Martz to make adjustments or fire him. The league talks real tough about player safety well somebody needs to step in and intervene.

Lol, great post LDO. One of my favorite scenes all time.

Anyway, people wanna talk about coaches not fitting their system to the players and maximizing the talent on the team, it doesn't get any worse than Martz.

I wonder if Cutler can force a trade to be with Shanahan. I think we'd have to consider it. I think Cutler has top 10 talent and is severely disrespected by fans.

Lol, great post LDO. One of my favorite scenes all time.

Anyway, people wanna talk about coaches not fitting their system to the players and maximizing the talent on the team, it doesn't get any worse than Martz.

I wonder if Cutler can force a trade to be with Shanahan. I think we'd have to consider it. I think Cutler has top 10 talent and is severely disrespected by fans.

I'd take Cutler in a hearbeat.

QB's in the Mike Martz system get the crap knocked out of them. They'll put up good numbers if they know what they're doing, and a lot of times they'll make those blind quick read throws right before getting hit by a blitzing linebacker and it'll go for a big play. I don't know if Cutler can keep up like Warner and Bulger.

QB's in the Mike Martz system get the crap knocked out of them. They'll put up good numbers if they know what they're doing, and a lot of times they'll make those blind quick read throws right before getting hit by a blitzing linebacker and it'll go for a big play. I don't know if Cutler can keep up like Warner and Bulger.

Cutler doesn't have the WR talent that Warner and Bulger had. Not even close.

What he's done with that garbage offensive line and arena-caliber receivers is really impressive. He makes chicken salad out of chicken ****, but he doesn't get the excuses that other QBs get because he talks like an arrogant prick. I'd love to have him in Washington.

What he's done with that garbage offensive line and arena-caliber receivers is really impressive. He makes chicken salad out of chicken ****, but he doesn't get the excuses that other QBs get because he talks like an arrogant prick. I'd love to have him in Washington.

Seriously, could you imagine Cutler on this current squad, back with Shanahan in his scheme?

With this defense, we'd have a legit shot at being a contender already, instead of just hoping to be one.

Hail.

Seriously, could you imagine Cutler on this current squad, back with Shanahan in his scheme?

With this defense, we'd have a legit shot at being a contender already, instead of just hoping to be one.

Hail.

I would be giddy if Cutler came here. I think Shanny would be as well.

Cutler doesn't have the WR talent that Warner and Bulger had. Not even close.

No, and he doesn't have a young Orlando Pace protecting his blindside either- quite the disadvantage. When I said keep up like Warner and Bulger however I didn't mean in terms of production, I meant in terms of staying healthy and uninjured.

:(

http://www.nwherald.com/2011/09/21/bears-cutler-unsure-he-can-endure-sacks/av63oc8/

Bears' Cutler unsure he can endure sacks

Jay Cutler tried to speak with the voice of a leader Wednesday, but he still sounded like someone who had been kicked in the throat by a poorly blocked pass rusher.

Cutler did his best to envision better days ahead for him and his teammates, but no one would have blamed him if he spoke with his fingers crossed behind his back.

And when Cutler was asked whether he could endure another sack-filled season as the Bears’ quarterback, his first instinct was to knock twice on the wooden lectern in front of him.

“I don’t know,” Cutler said hoarsely. “I don’t know.”

Archived