Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Things I NEVER thought I'd say: Kudos to Tony Romo.

Gibbs Hog Heaven

A punctured lung and fractured ribs and he STILL went back out onto the field to lead the comeback?

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!

Seriously, I doff my hat to him in the utmost respect. The agony he must of been in, injections or not, must of been immense. To then go back out onto the field to help his team is unreal. This has to rank right up there with Emmit in NY in the divisional title decider in Cowboys lore.

I don't like the guy one bit, but he's just garnered a whole new level of respect for that heroism on the football field.

Hail.

Big ups for posting this!

Regardless of who the player was, this was one of the more impressive things I have seen a player do in all seriousness. When he first came back, I thought it was for show and he would be ineffective and just go back out.

He came back and immediately got pounded like 3 or 4 straight times and just kept coming. Then he led them back and I was in awe.

This is the type of game that defines a player. I don't think someone needed this more than Tony to be honest.

And this is why I am not buying it. Had the same injury in a car accident, ain't happening. They were astounded that I stood to Pee on the first day let alone run out on a football field. Calling BS right now. No cracked rib QB could throw a ball without falling to the ground afterward in complete and utter pain. You can't even breath deeply let alon run around. Wake UP PEOPLE.

I had broken ribs also and when I heard this I called BS, this without a doubt is an exaggerated story!

I've had a pneumothorax, that's much more believable. If he didn't need surgery to relieve the pressure like I did (80% collapsed lung), it's much less far-fetched that he played with the injury. Other than the pain you experience severe shortness of breath with a collapsed lung, pretty impressive if he played with one.

This story is growing legs quick. Before we know it, it will be reported Romo sits to pee could only breathe through a straw and had to hold his breath until on the sidelines. Then team doctors would inject with oxygen enough to last 5 minutes.

I also heard that he saved a baby from a fire before he returned to the game.

Seriously though...impressive indeed. I've never had a problem with Romo sits to pee. We would love the guy if he was a Redskin.

Putting my Redskins bias aside, that was quite the gutsy performance by Romo sits to pee no matter how you try to spin it. I just hope for the sake of 'skins fans he reverts back to the Romo sits to pee we all know. Brilliant for most of the game and chokes when it matters most.:D :dallasuck

Whatever. Alone, it sounds impressive.

But it just seems like another patch in the PR quilt to make up for all his choking and him sitting out games like a complete wimp due to a pinky injury.

The only reason Romo sits to pee went back out is to save face for all his past waffles.

Well just because you had the same injury doesn't mean they were the same. The severity could of been much different, so hard to say.

And your right, you can't breathe deeply, Romo sits to pee was calling the plays in the huddle with mostly hand signals because he couldn't speak over the crowd noise.

Same injury? Cracked ribs is cracked ribs. I would like to know the full story that is all I am saying. Props to him for going back in, but I am not for giving him the Medal of Honor.

---------- Post added September-19th-2011 at 10:08 PM ----------

You and Tony Romo sits to pee are not the same person, and the severity of the injury could easily vary between you. People respond differently to different physical trauma.

Your damn right I am not Tony Romo sits to pee, I had my bachelor party at a stip club with girls. And everyone that knows me knows that I have an extremely high pain tolerance. Like cutting into my hand with a mitre saw and duct taping it back together myself because nobody else could look at it and then returned to work. I have a dozen stories like that. The severity of his injury is being blown up, that is what I am saying.

---------- Post added September-19th-2011 at 10:11 PM ----------

I had broken ribs also and when I heard this I called BS, this without a doubt is an exaggerated story!

Thank YOU, and we are right. I have had some ****ed up injuries in the past but the three broken ribs was the worst, could not breath right, could not sleep, could not get comfortable and it took months to recover. Everytime you leaned or reached the wrong way it would flair up and you would gasp. You know what I am talking about. Either this is blown up or they shot him up with something.

---------- Post added September-19th-2011 at 10:15 PM ----------

I have a very hard time believing all these reports. You are gonna have a hard time breathing with broken ribs let alone playing in a football game. Punctured lung? The guy would be coughing up blood at some point.

Im saying he has bruised ribs at most a small fracture.

EXACTLY and not even a small fracture. The Ribs are small and flexible pressing against the lungs causing pain one normally thought non-exsistent. Kidney stones, Plantars and broken ribs, I have had all three and they are all right up there in levels of pain. I would still take the first two together vs. broken ribs.

Same injury? Cracked ribs is cracked ribs. I would like to know the full story that is all I am saying. Props to him for going back in, but I am not for giving him the Medal of Honor.

[.

Not really. The size of the crack can very, and there's many other factors that can change the severity for example blood vessel damage. I'm not saying that everything that's coming out of Dallas about this story is 100 percent true, because nobody knows at this point, and we probably wont til Romo sits to pee talks about it likely way after the injury is 100 percent healed. I'm just saying discounting anything because you couldn't personally do it is a little arrogant.

Not really. The size of the crack can very, and there's many other factors that can change the severity for example blood vessel damage. I'm not saying that everything that's coming out of Dallas about this story is 100 percent true, because nobody knows at this point, and we probably wont til Romo sits to pee talks about it likely way after the injury is 100 percent healed. I'm just saying discounting anything because you couldn't personally do it is a little arrogant.

Dude their reporting he had a punctured lung also, whats next his spline was sticking out? Do you think we will ever get the truth on this story let alone from Romo sits to pee? wow.

Dude their reporting he had a punctured lung also, whats next his spline was sticking out? Do you think we will ever get the truth on this story let alone from Romo sits to pee? wow.

Well, unless Garrett or any of the trainers say anything I'd say Romo sits to pee after the season is the best bet on getting the true story. And are you implying you believe Romo sits to pee would makeup a bunch of fake injuries to the press to look better? I get you hate the Cowboys, but wow.

Big ups for posting this!

Regardless of who the player was, this was one of the more impressive things I have seen a player do in all seriousness. When he first came back, I thought it was for show and he would be ineffective and just go back out.

He came back and immediately got pounded like 3 or 4 straight times and just kept coming. Then he led them back and I was in awe.

This is the type of game that defines a player. I don't think someone needed this more than Tony to be honest.

:rotflmao:

Before this is over, we'll learn that it isn't nearly as bad as has been reported...and that he DEFINITELY took the needle.

What really amazed me was that Carlos' hit didn't look all that violent.

Perhaps Romo sits to pee was FAKING!

Time will tell.

Well, unless Garrett or any of the trainers say anything I'd say Romo sits to pee after the season is the best bet on getting the true story. And are you implying you believe Romo sits to pee would makeup a bunch of fake injuries to the press to look better? I get you hate the Cowboys, but wow.

Am I implying a professional football player would stretch the truth when it came to an injury after being beat up in the press all week YES, Cowboy or not.

PUNCTURED LUNG...that's what I'm hearing...BS is what I'm calling.

---------- Post added September-19th-2011 at 10:57 PM ----------

This just in: Romo sits to pee going to Cabo for treatment.

---------- Post added September-19th-2011 at 11:06 PM ----------

PUNCTURED LUNG...that's what I'm hearing...BS is what I'm calling.

---------- Post added September-19th-2011 at 10:57 PM ----------

This just in: Romo sits to pee going to Cabo for treatment.

BTW, it's being reported he was late getting out of the locker room for the 'pain medicine' (i.e., needle) to take effect...and that the 'punctue' is "very, very small."

What a pathetic franchise that it has to hype an injury this way.

I pity the fans of this organization...because this is all so pathetic.

Did Jerry Jones have the Purple Heart awarding Ceremony today or is it tomorrow?

This is all BS anyway. The dude wouldn't be let out of the training room with a punctured lung, they fill up with blood and you drown are you kidding me? He also has fractrured ribs too? He wasn't in a head to head vehicle collision. He got hit by a Cornerback.

And nobody with fractured ribs and a punctured lung (obviously from the broken ribs) moves around like he was, or even puts his own helmet on, much less bending over to hike the ball or receiving the snap from the shotgun and throwing nfl passes with velocity. If your ribs punctured your lung that means that the rib is actually either inside the lung or partially sticking into the lung. Any movement at all would cause the lung to rip open. This is BS, so when and where is the ceremony?

This is probably all just a PR stunt to get the Romo sits to pee Choke issue forgotten about. Is the NFL turning into Wrestling with all these BS sideshows or what?

Word is Gibbs, he refused the pain shot. That is why he could barely move when he came back on the field.

Other word is, Garrett said No about him going back in the game, and he just ran onto the field.

HA.

Respect to Tony and all, but let's be real: he got doped up as legally possible before going back in, I'm sure. If he did refuse a pain shot, he's just stupid. Unless I'm missing something about how shots could weaken you in other ways or something.

In an ideal Cowboy world, you would be comfortable enough with your team, including Kitna, to err on the side of caution with Tony, considering it's week 2, and let Kitna hurl it up to Austin because it seems that's all they really had to do.

I expect dramatization of the whole thing, but if true; fractured ribs, punctured lung-even minor, is the kind of thing your star player doesn't go back in for a week 2 road game. Maybe the doctors didn't know it, but they should have. Going out and taking a bunch of hits with broken ribs sounds heroic and all, but I betcha Tony couldn't sit up out of bed this morning. Only hero's a dead hero. Don't be a hero, Tony, not necessary.

Word is Gibbs, he refused the pain shot. That is why he could barely move when he came back on the field.

Other word is, Garrett said No about him going back in the game, and he just ran onto the field.

I don't buy that for a second. It's courageous as hell for him to go out there but I don't believe for a second that he did it without pain killers. I'm calling BS on that one.

Archived