Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Things I NEVER thought I'd say: Kudos to Tony Romo.

Gibbs Hog Heaven

A punctured lung and fractured ribs and he STILL went back out onto the field to lead the comeback?

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!

Seriously, I doff my hat to him in the utmost respect. The agony he must of been in, injections or not, must of been immense. To then go back out onto the field to help his team is unreal. This has to rank right up there with Emmit in NY in the divisional title decider in Cowboys lore.

I don't like the guy one bit, but he's just garnered a whole new level of respect for that heroism on the football field.

Hail.

This story get's more and more immense by the minute.

He refused the pain shot? Man alive I'm seeing him in a whole other light. You can call it foolish, undisciplined whatever, but you can't fail to applaud the heroism for his team. REGARDLESS of either who you support or what you think of the man and his team.

I'm honestly blown away by that.

Hail.

This story get's more and more immense by the minute.

He refused the pain shot? Man alive I'm seeing him in a whole other light. You can call it foolish, undisciplined whatever, but you can't fail to applaud the heroism for his team. REGARDLESS of either who you support or what you think of the man and his team.

I'm honestly blown away by that.

Hail.

Yup. It was also reported by Merrill Hoge, who said a pain killer in the ribs does nothing. So it would've numbed some maybe, but not done the trick. Also said it was the most painful thing he ever experienced. Rodney Harrison said he missed two weeks with the same injury.

On the other side of that coin, it goes to show you just how inept that 49er defense is. One more good shot on Romo sits to pee and chances are he wouldn't have been able to play.

Yeah, but you can play both sides of the fence on that arguement. You could also say it goes to show you the Cowboy offensive line is capable of stepping up in the clutch, as they are the ones who kept him untouched. The 49ers went after him, they just couldn't get there. The reason for that though, is debatable of course.

Yup. It was also reported by Merrill Hoge, who said a pain killer in the ribs does nothing. So it would've numbed some maybe, but not done the trick. Also said it was the most painful thing he ever experienced. Rodney Harrison said he missed two weeks with the same injury.

And this is why I am not buying it. Had the same injury in a car accident, ain't happening. They were astounded that I stood to Pee on the first day let alone run out on a football field. Calling BS right now. No cracked rib QB could throw a ball without falling to the ground afterward in complete and utter pain. You can't even breath deeply let alon run around. Wake UP PEOPLE.

And this is why I am not buying it. Had the same injury in a car accident, ain't happening. They were astounded that I stood to Pee on the first day let alone run out on a football field. Calling BS right now. No cracked rib QB could throw a ball without falling to the ground afterward in complete and utter pain. You can't even breath deeply let alon run around. Wake UP PEOPLE.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Teen-goalie-wins-title-with-4-broken-ribs-punct?urn=nhl-237396

Hail.

Well just because you had the same injury doesn't mean they were the same. The severity could of been much different, so hard to say.

And your right, you can't breathe deeply, Romo sits to pee was calling the plays in the huddle with mostly hand signals because he couldn't speak over the crowd noise.

Romo sits to pee is a good player, no doubt about it. He can make any throw, make plays with his feet and in general, do everything a successful QB in the NFL should.

He's also good at choking in the most impressive ways. Does any QB, or even player in the league have more memorable choke jobs than he does? I guess you can't question his physical toughness anymore but he's still a mental midget come December time.

You and Tony Romo sits to pee are not the same person, and the severity of the injury could easily vary between you. People respond differently to different physical trauma.

I have a very hard time believing all these reports. You are gonna have a hard time breathing with broken ribs let alone playing in a football game. Punctured lung? The guy would be coughing up blood at some point.

Im saying he has bruised ribs at most a small fracture.

i have always liked Romo sits to pee but hated the team he plays for. why? because he's an athlete, a gamer, a team player, and imo, he is very talented.

this story doesnt really suprise him because id expect it out of him.

and with that said, i hope he does poorly next week and is mediocre enough that the cowboys dont go to the playoffs and also dont draft a top qb prospect.

I have a very hard time believing all these reports. You are gonna have a hard time breathing with broken ribs let alone playing in a football game. Punctured lung? The guy would be coughing up blood at some point.

Im saying he has bruised ribs at most a small fracture.

I would love to send LL on a blind side blitz to find out exactly how hurt he is.

A Cowboys fan doubting the word of legendary Cowboys journo Mickey Spagnola? :yikes:

These are strange times indeed.

Hail.

This story is growing legs quick. Before we know it, it will be reported Romo sits to pee could only breathe through a straw and had to hold his breath until on the sidelines. Then team doctors would inject with oxygen enough to last 5 minutes.

You and Tony Romo sits to pee are not the same person, and the severity of the injury could easily vary between you. People respond differently to different physical trauma.

You can find two guys each with a broken leg. One may say it hurts while the other guy can manage the pain, but NEITHER of them is gonna play a game of kickball on it.

You can find two guys each with a broken leg. One may say it hurts while the other guy can manage the pain, but NEITHER of them is gonna play a game of kickball on it.

when i broke my leg, i could feel the wind on it.. literally. there was no way i could have played a game much less walked. i have a cousin who finished out a pee wee football game with a fractured leg.

granted, the injury was not the exact same or as severe, which is kinda what you're getting at. different injuries, different tolerances, etc.

So from all the different tidbits of info floating around out there, I think we can put together what is supposed to have happened:

INT. LOCKER ROOM

Romo sits to pee: (wincing) I just need to go back out there! Let me off the table!

Trainer: Sorry, Tony, but we have to wait until we can find out exactly what happened, otherwise, you could...

Romo sits to pee: (ripping off bandages and gauze) **** it, I gotta lead my team back to a victory, and I have to do it NOW!

INT. STADIUM HALLWAY

(scene of Tony Romo sits to pee walking towards the field, holding his side...crowd noise gets louder as he gets closer to the opening at the end of the hall)

EXT. STADIUM/FIELD

(Cowboys players start turning towards the entryway to the field from the Visitors' lockerroom...a few see Romo sits to pee and start pointing excitedly...others turn their heads and do the same...some applaud)

Garrett: TONY! What on earth are you doing out here? Get back to the trainers, son!

Romo sits to pee: No can do, coach...my team needs me. Now, where's my helmet...

Garrett: Tony!....

Romo sits to pee: (puts up hand) Save your breath, coach...we have a game to win!

(Romo sits to pee finds helmet and straps on his chin strap,. Fellow teammates all start patting Romo sits to pee on the back, saying encouraging things like "Go get 'em!")

Garrett: Please, Tony...I beg of you, don't go out there! You could die!!!

Romo sits to pee: There are worse things than dying, coach...like starting out 0-2...like being ridiculed by the media...like having a last name that rhymes with an offensive, derogatory insult towards gays! I've got to go!

Garrett: (heavy sigh) We'll be here on the sideline for you, son...you let me know the MINUTE you feel like your rib could be cracked or your lung could be punctured, you hear me?!

(Romo sits to pee and Garrett share a manly handshake, then Romo sits to pee runs out onto the field...you hear a loud gasp from the fans in the stands and they stand up and point down to the field...shots of girlfriends looking at their boyfriends with worried expressions on their faces)

(The phone on the sideline rings, and Garrett picks it up...it's the owner)

Jerruh: (yelling) What in--I say, what in tarnation is Romo sits to pee doin' on the field, boy? Field, that is...Pay attention, boy!!

Garrett: I couldn't stop him, sir! He's a wild man!

Jerruh: If he gets injured even more, I'm gonna--I say, I'm gonna tan yer hide, but good! And don't forget to pick up my dry cleaning!! (slams down receiver)

EXT. FIELD

(Romo sits to pee trots over to the huddle...)

Romo sits to pee: Alright, guys, we have to...

(Romo sits to pee suddenly feels shart pains and can't speak...)

Witten: What is it, Tony? What is it, boy?...Tell us! Is there trouble back at the farm?

(Romo sits to pee shakes head...takes deep breath...then starts using sign language to convey the upcoming play to all the players in the huddle. They stare intensely, in awe at their leader's strength and composure. With gritted teeth Romo sits to pee claps his hands together to indicate breaking from the huddle and lining up)

Romo sits to pee: Set...(holds side)...Set...(bends over slightly in pain)

(The look on Romo sits to pee's face is apparent: if he was unable to be heard in the huddle, how will he be heard giving the snap count?...Suddenly, all of the other players on the offense look back at their hero trying to give the count, and they all nod at each other, and then at Romo sits to pee...they silently agree to try a play that Romo sits to pee himself drew up only a few days ago, and that they have only practiced once, in the middle of the night--Saturday night--because they really want to be the best they can be)

Romo sits to pee: (closing eyes, counting to himself...then suddenly whispers) "go"

(Like a well-oiled machine, the entire Cowboys' offense executes this ridiculously elaborate play that Romo sits to pee had just devised days ago in his head...the 49ers defense looks confused, coach Harbaugh takes off his cap and scratches his head, the crowd in the stands are pointing all over the field...Romo sits to pee, with his eyes still closed, catches the long snap and, using the force, lobs a perfectly timed pass to a streaking Miles Austin, who catches the tight spiraling football in between 14 defenders--the Cowboys will later decline the "too many men on the field" penalty--and Romo sits to pee keeps his eyes completely closed as Austin twists and dives into the end zone...only when the cheers of the crowd can be heard does Romo sits to pee open his eyes to see that his WR has just scored a TD)

Garrett: (leaping up and down) YOU DID IT, SON!! YOU DID IT!!

(Garrett silently points to Romo sits to pee...Romo sits to pee, standing alone in the middle of the field, silently points back to his coach. Cue swirling violins as Tony Romo sits to pee is lifted on his teammates' shoulders and carried back to the sidelines....)

Archived