Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time Newsfeed: New Jersey Taxpayers Cough Up $420K to Support MTV’s ‘Jersey Shore’ (Vetoed by Gov. Christie)

ACW

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/09/16/new-jersey-taxpayers-cough-up-420k-to-support-mtvs-jersey-shore/

The Associated Press reports that New Jersey's Economic Development Authority approved using $420,000 of taxpayer money to cover the production costs for the Jersey Shore's first season in 2009.

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/09/16/new-jersey-taxpayers-cough-up-420k-to-support-mtvs-jersey-shore/#ixzz1YR29u6cp[/url[/left]

:wtf:

I'm asking a serious question here, what's the difference between this and using a couple hundred million dollars to help fund a new sports stadium?

I'm not defending New Jersey, just wondering in what ways would this be different?

I'm opposed to both of them.

Why would you assume that? From what I've heard about the cast of that show, I'm much less inclined to go to the Jersey shore these days!

YOU are not the typical American. Or at the very least the target audience. The demographic that watches that show spends a good bit of money.

Why would you assume that? From what I've heard about the cast of that show, I'm much less inclined to go to the Jersey shore these days!

Good thing the show isn't targeted to 41 year old foagies like you ;)

Every episode contains shots of the boardwalk, the beach, some club, some restaurant, etc. You think that doesn't entice 18-30 year olds who want to have a good time? Sure they aren't convincing ACW to stop by any time soon, but plenty of people like what they see.

Good thing the show isn't targeted to 41 year old foagies like you ;)

Every episode contains shots of the boardwalk, the beach, some club, some restaurant, etc. You think that doesn't entice 18-30 year olds who want to have a good time? Sure they aren't convincing ACW to stop by any time soon, but plenty of people like what they see.

Well of course. who WOULDN'T wanna visit a place where you can get paid 6-7 figures for being a douche or a hideous skank?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived