Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After two games, one thing is clear: Rex Grossman is the best QB we have ever had in Redskins history

Forehead

I know Atlanta Skins Fan has been blowing the horn for Grossman for awhile, and admittedly, I was skeptical at first, with all his charts and whatnot, but after two games, I'm prepared to jump in headfirst, and maybe even go one further.

We're about to get ridiculous up in this *****!

Rex Grossman is, without argument, the best quarterback that has ever suited up in Burgundy and Gold.

Note: I don't actually believe any of this.

Don't believe me? Consider these numbers as Ironclad proof.

Through two games, Rex Grossman has thrown for 596 yards, a 298 yards per game average. Do you know what that translates to over a 16 game season? I'll tell you, it's 4,768 yards. Do you know what the Skins all-time record is for passing yards? 4,109 in 1986 - Jay Schroder. Grossman is going to shatter that mark.

I wonder how many fish are going to take the bait on this hook?

Further, Grossman is on pace to throw 32 passing touchdowns this season. The Redskins old mark is 31 by Sonny Jurgensen in 1967, so that's another checkmark in the Grossman column! Stick to the announcer's booth Sonny, it's time for real men like Grossman to toss the pigskin.

Insulting Jurgensen...that should get a few people riled up!

Looking at Jurgensen's mark of 31 reminded me of something....Grossman is only 31 years old! He's got at least six or seven good seasons left. Considering the Skins team records are 25,206 passing yards and 187 passing touchdowns (Theismann, Baugh) I see them not only falling, but being destroyed, all by the glory that is Rex Grossman, our new leader.

Some of you idiots have been mocking Rex with that stupid missive penned by ThePhatFree or whoever created it, unleasing the dragon, **** it, I'm going downfield, good Rex/Bad Rex, and this picture:

UNLEASH_THE_DRAGON.jpg

Well I'm telling you to knock it off...but I'm not a complainer, I'm a fixer, so I have created an alternate image to assist you in your praise of Grossman henceforth.

RexGrossman.jpg

Please take note of the following four points that I have outlined:

1. Rex Grossman does not have some sort of odd gray lump growing out of his right arm, nor is it a miniature building. You will note by the blast off imagery in his right triceps that Rex Grossman has a rocket arm. Maybe he doesn't actually, but it sure seems that way watching the game, and I though it was an appropriate touch.

I couldn't resist this little touch, though it may give this whole thing away as a joke.

2. Rex Grossman has thrown the ball through a wall. Self explanatory.

3. Rubble which was created from #2.

4. Rex Grossman's hair. Luxurious.

Piss off...I'm comfortable with myself.

You can point to things you might percieve as flaws, such as his two interceptions. One was a obviously a receiver's fault. The other...merely a hiccup on the path to greatness, and I have it on good authority that Adrian Wilson needed minor chest surgery after intercepting that Grossman fastball. Rex Grossman's porridge is too hot for most defenders.

Just remember, Rex Grossman may occasionally get sacked, but that's pretty much always the O-Line's fault. And it doesn't matter, because Rex Grossman wears number eight. When he gets knocked on his side, that just means Rex Grossman is about to dial it up to infinity. It's our job as Skins fans to hold on for the ride.

i dont care who you are thats funny right there..i can think of a few qbs that i have seen play for the skins thats better than rex. sonny jurgensen,billy kilmer,joe theismann,doug williams,mark rypien,trent green,

Are you serious? Rex won't go down as the greatest QB for the Redskins when he hasn't won a Super Bowl or even achieved anything to this point in a Redskins uniform. I am behind Rex and hope he does suceed here. He is much better than Beck and definitely an upgrade from "McStabb The Dirt." I am glad that he is in Minnesota making holes in their turf.

It's clear to anyone paying attention that Grossman is not only the greatest quarterback in Redskins history - and possibly in the existence of the NFL - but he is almost certainly the reincarnation of Charlemagne, one of the greatest monarchs the Western world has ever seen.

Charlemagne was the ruler of the Germans and took over the Roman Empire as Emperor. Now look at Grossman:

Rex = Latin for "king"

Gross = German for "big"

Man = "man"

This is a Latinate monarch whose status is "huge" by definition. He is also, as his name tells us, a man.

The evidence is incontrovertible.

Is photobucket blocked at your office? The image is my hand-drawn homage to Rex Grossman. It probably wouldn't fetch much at an auction, but it was a 10-15 minute labor of love.

Ha, it was my firewalls @my office, but Ive got the image now...funny stuff, well done sir...

Then I'll ask you the same question lol...how is scoring 3 TDs in 4 red zone trips "shocking", and how would that have "almost cost us the game"?

Agreed, I blame my hasty post...Rex was efficient in week 1, but our Red Zone offense HAS to improve upon yesterday...

Was it 3/4? I actually had in mind 3/5, with the Giants being kept around way longer than they should of been. There was the sack that took us out of the RZ, and dopey's missed chip shot. Am I imagining another? Meh, my bad.

But collectively with yesterday it still isn't great.

Hail.

I will give you the point where he is not the BEST QB we have ever had, but he is still SO MUCH Better than anything in the past 10-15 years (Sorry JC/DM Fans, the truth hurts).

Rex brings an element to this team that has been missing, horribly missing, for a long time. I, for one, am so glad that he is on our team. Because of him, we are winning. Is he still making some bad reads? Is he still making some bad throws? Yes. Is he making more good reads/trows than bad? Does he have the ability to move the chains and extend drives, giving the D a chance to rest? Oh HELLZ YEA!

This TEAM is still very rough around the edges, but we are getting a glimpse of what is to come, and I like it!

Way to start out your thread with a rule violation that can get you a one week ban, moron.:ols:

Otherwise, it's a fun OP FH. :) I love the idea of it turning out even close to being true--what a story that would make!

Now you need to hurry, amigo, and do what everyone else using that gif as a sig has had to do: edit the "F**K" to "****" to comply with rule 6. Jeez, and as long as you've been around.

And to everyone who quoted that pic in the OP, you need to edit yours too (plus you violated rule 11 on not quoting pics or videos--read up you guys--there are reasons we have those rules and you're expected to know them to post here). :)

Way to start out your thread with a rule violation that can get you a one week ban, moron.:ols:

I've edited out the picture in question...was moving fast and didn't even think about it. I'm confused by your post however. The words "start out" imply that I made a mistake in the earliest parts of this OP, yet you elaborate on the picture, which occurred more towards the middle. So either there's another violation that I'm missing, or your sense of location within a post is way too general for my exacting nature.

Perhaps I should have formatted my thread title properly, and sourced this to "Forehead's Glorious News Operation" or some such?

Was it 3/4? I actually had in mind 3/5, with the Giants being kept around way longer than they should of been. There was the sack that took us out of the RZ, and dopey's missed chip shot. Am I imagining another? Meh, my bad.

But collectively with yesterday it still isn't great.

Hail.

Good enough to go 2-0. It's funny how you say Rex almost cost the game. in my view he won both games with game winning drives. He wasn't perfect, but he's been a hell of a lot better than you've given him credit for.

QUOTE=Forehead;8542393]I've edited out the picture in question...was moving fast and didn't even think about it. I'm confused by your post however. The words "start out" imply that I made a mistake in the earliest parts of this OP, yet you elaborate on the picture, which occurred more towards the middle. So either there's another violation that I'm missing, or your sense of location within a post is way too general for my exacting nature.

Perhaps I should have formatted my thread title properly, and sourced this to "Forehead's Glorious News Operation" or some such?

Do you actually dress yourself? :pfft:

Alright, I'll stop busting on ya but damn don't make it so easy! :ols:

"Start out" simply reffered to your OP in general. I hope it doesn't tax your intellect too much to envision your OP as "starting out" your thread (duh) as it's a pretty obvious understanding.(oops I slipped :D). Now if I had said "you started out your OP with..." that would help your question seem to make sense. :):D

I think your other title is risky. :ols:

P.S...anyone who quoted that "going deep" pic better edit their post to comply with rule 6 and 11 or they may not be posting on the game next week and that would be sad. :(

Good enough to go 2-0. It's funny how you say Rex almost cost the game. in my view he won both games with game winning drives. He wasn't perfect, but he's been a hell of a lot better than you've given him credit for.

It's six and two three's.

On the one hand I've been real impressed, particularly the Giants game, of how he hung in there under tremendous pressure from shocking line protection and moved the team downfield. On the other, yesterday against a better side the turnovers and points we left on the field would of had a good chance at us now sitting at 1-1.

As it normally is with Rex, you get a mixed bag of good and bad. But his overall play has been better than expected this year if that helps.

Hail.

The main positive I took out of yesterday's game was that Rex Grossman has grown as an NFL quarterback. Had this been the Rex of years past he would have carried the weight of the early INTs and crumbled into oblivion through the course of the game. Not 2011. Not by a long shot. He shrugged it off. He gathered the team. He lead them to victory with two touchdown passes and long, sustained drives.

HTTR

hilarious OP snip.
34z0n08.jpg

The most remarkable part of this thread, is how many fish you caught taking this seriously.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9KITisvxuWWhdut5HuVsNsRZK8DxZ4DAlQG_vmnOnfbyteEu-

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit: At least with Sexy Rexy, this season won't be dull. I'd much rather see threads like this, than the "he said, she said" drama with McNabb last season.

On the other, yesterday against a better side the turnovers and points we left on the field would of had a good chance at us now sitting at 1-1.

Please reserve the "ifs and buts" for when the Redskins actually lose. If the Redskins had lost, we'd be 1-1. But they didn't, they won. EVERY game in the NFL has some "if and but" plays, but for now, the Skins actually seem to be winning these ones. I wonder why?

Maybe they are better.

And that 4th and 3rd touchdown play was sick. It easily outweighs the one INT that was his fault early in the game.

The main positive I took out of yesterday's game was that Rex Grossman has grown as an NFL quarterback. Had this been the Rex of years past he would have carried the weight of the early INTs and crumbled into oblivion through the course of the game. ...... He shrugged it off.

He has said he has matured as a QB. In one of the many articles about the good/bad Rex, it was pointed out that in this particular case he didn't feel he had done anything wrong ... that the receivers didn't run routes correctly. He didn't blame them, but he didn't carry any weight for a "bad" pass either. Made it easy for him to forget the throws and move on.

Here is just one link where Moss admits (accepts) responsibility for not running the route the way it was designed:

START ARTICLE QUOTE {It was a wretched start, considering the magnitude of missed red-zone opportunities. Grossman moved forward, though, knowing the gaffe wasn’t entirely his fault.

Moss, it turned out, stopped running his designed route. He thought he could get open by improvising and cutting inside, but he was supposed to break back to the sideline. Grossman looked to Moss but pump-faked, unsure of his intentions. By the time Moss was clear, the play was a bust.

“Rex is the dude, man,” Moss said. “You can probably blame them picks on us. One of them was me trying to make a play when I should have just kept going.”] END ARTICLE QUOTE

Basically, other systems and teams required Rex to be a Playmaker, which contributed to his tendency to do too much and make risky throws. The Redskin system does not depend on him to be the playmaker... just a good QB who can read defenses, knows where is receivers are suspose to be, make good decision and accurate throws. In this system there is no "good Rex / bad Rex"... just Rex, the QB who allows the system to be the Playmaker.

Please reserve the "ifs and buts" for when the Redskins actually lose. If the Redskins had lost, we'd be 1-1. But they didn't, they won. EVERY game in the NFL has some "if and but" plays, but for now, the Skins actually seem to be winning these ones. I wonder why?

Maybe they are better.

And that 4th and 3rd touchdown play was sick. It easily outweighs the one INT that was his fault early in the game.

From recent history I remember those very same responses to some very valid concerns about the amount of points Zorn's team left on the field in that 6-2 start. Hoe'd that work out by season's end?

This isn't that clown obviously. But the Cardinals should of been LONG put away yesterday for all the redzone trips. If the trend continues, it'll bite you in the ass against a good team.

Hail.

Archived