Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After two games, one thing is clear: Rex Grossman is the best QB we have ever had in Redskins history

Forehead

BOTH games? Is one of those games against the Giants? :ols:

Because if so, how is scoring 3 TDs in 4 red zone trips either "shocking" (in a bad way) or "almost costing" the game?

Was it 3/4? I actually had in mind 3/5, with the Giants being kept around way longer than they should of been. There was the sack that took us out of the RZ, and dopey's missed chip shot. Am I imagining another? Meh, my bad.

But collectively with yesterday it still isn't great.

Hail.

Hilarious thread, great effort.....but....not statistically sound. It's much more complicated to evaluate QBs than you think. The game has changed so much, you can't just look at TDs or total yards. Maybe evaluate the TD/INT ratio or QB rating?

Rex is steady...and I like that....he wasn't devastated by his two interceptions and held steady to come back and win.

But...he has got to stop staring down his receivers. He tossed a couple of interceptions, and had like 8 balls batted down. Givin me a heart attack....

Was it 3/4? I actually had in mind 3/5, with the Giants being kept around way longer than they should of been. There was the sack that took us out of the RZ, and dopey's missed chip shot. Am I imagining another? Meh, my bad.

But collectively with yesterday it still isn't great.

Hail.

Yep, just 4 trips into the red zone against the Giants :yes:...

And since it's only been two games, using the redzone stats "collectively" probably won't be a very accurate reflection of if this offense can finish off drives. 3 out of 4 in one game, 2 out of 5 in another...

Obviously you wern't around for the Sonny Jurgenson,then Joe Theisman days,because Grossman couldn't carry their jock straps.He is a fair Qb who has been awfully lucky thus far.What's he averaging two or three pick offs a game ??

---------- Post added September-19th-2011 at 11:12 AM ----------

When Sexy Rexy breaks Sonny's records; then we will chat.

horselaugh.gifHe was the best! The best pure passer that ever took a dump between two shoes. THE MAN!

:ols: that's an awesome line.

I like the writeup.

ninja fishing notwithstanding, I had a good laugh

Rex might not be the best ever, but he's the best we've had in about 20 years (by a long shot), which is a good enough step forward.

Brad Johnson was not given his due time and surprise, he wins the SB 2 years later.

---------- Post added September-19th-2011 at 11:40 AM ----------

Lol, A+ thread. What's funny is the amount of noobs getting upset.

I think it's interesting that people say we haven't had a franchise quarterback since Theismann. That's definitely not true anymore. Grossman is this franchise's quarterback, which makes him what? A franchise quarterback.

Nice artwork there, Cletus. Are Grossman's eyes really blue? I don't think so. Kudos for drawing his rocket arm to scale though.

The logic here is unarguable.

My God. We've had dozens of franchise quarterbacks.... and we never knew.

I'm actually a little concerned that some of you think this is funny. I mean, the MS Paint job was intended to be amusing, mostly because I can't use the program for crap. But I'm actually serious about the stats...Grossman is a young 31. There's every reason to believe at this rate that he may exceed most if not all of our team's passing records. Which would make me sad in the .0001% chance this actually occurred.

• He gets passes batted down regularly at the line of scrimmage
  • He doesn't appear to regularly hit our WRs in stride, allowing for more YAC (a problem that has plagued this team for years)
  • His mobility is a question

Honestly, he has done well but stats (as is usually the case) don't tell the full story. He just doesn't look like an elite QB out there. If we are serious about the rebuild that we've started this season, we need to take a QB in the draft. One who is seriously the QB of the future.

Rex, at best, is just a placeholder based on the above limitations. It's not like at age 31 he's going to correct any of them at this point.

Archived