Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SI.com: Don Banks - SNAP JUDGMENTS

Califan007 The Constipated

Not cool, never cheer another teams injury!! Karma in the making....

Mike Vick is the only player I'll actively cheer for injury. And nothing you, or anyone else, can say will make me feel bad about that, sorry.

I don't believe in Karma either way. Its like the "jinx" posts yesterday. Complete bull****.

Not to play the role of debbie downer or anything, but, while the defense has looked better and done a better job getting off the field, the defense is giving up a shocking amount of movement in yardage considering the other team has less than 25 minutes per game in time of possession. Again, part of that is the defense getting off and part of it is the offense producing, but, we should probably be better given how little the other team has the ball. To me, it'll bear watching as the season goes on. In the first half when the Giants cared about running and in the second half when the Cards did, they could and they could sustain drives. In a more normal 30 minute time of possession game, we might be significantly more frustrated with our defense than now.

It's still better than last year and it is likely we just played two teams who will finish in the Top 10 offensively this year with a third next week, so, in all, nothing to get down about. Just something to watch.

It takes a few years to transition to the 3-4. Remember last year when, possibly 8 out of 11 starters weren't a fit for the 3-4. I think we are more than halfway there and we still have some more drafting to do on that side of the ball in 2012. But I think the defense is head and shoulders above what they looked like last year. Plus we're getting sacks and turnovers. That's a good sign for the 3-4, not so much in the yardage.

Which he was wrong about.

Yea, they didn't really do their research on that. I just googled "Roy Helu Nebraska fumble" and had a hard time finding stats, but I did find a reference to him fumbling against Oklahoma and a scouting report that says he struggled with fumbles at times.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=kusports&page=cfoot/news/news.aspx?id=4361822

Roy Helu Jr. carried 11 times for 91 yards and scored on a 66-yard run for Nebraska, but also lost a fumble that turned into an Oklahoma field goal.

Archived