Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why am I glad Dallas won their game in Week 2?

DCdangerous

Read thread

Expect everyone to mention when we were 2-0 and giants were 0-2 and we were winning the game and we had the ball at their goalline were going to be 3-0 and they were going to be 0-3 and then we were going to be happy for once and then....

well yeah.

But nope, not a single one of you mentioned that as something you absolutely positively didnt want to see again.

Typical.

In my perfect world Dallas would be 0-2 and we would ride into their house and smack them up side the head with a 48-3 drubbing and send them spiraling to an 0-3 record and talks of somebody getting fired or losing their starter's job lol!!! "knock on wood"

But since this is not my dream I will just settle for a win and yes there is a part of me that's glad that they are no 0-2.

i'm glad you started this thread. I'd rather play them after coming back on a team than still being hungry for their first win.

I thought like this at first but it doesn't make any sense.

If being hungry for a win meant anything then they'd have won one of the first 2. By week 3 they'd just be in desperation mode and more likely to get Romoed, IMO!!!

---------- Post added September-19th-2011 at 03:40 AM ----------

Hmm,

Is it Romo sits to pee'd?

Or Romoed?

We do need to get this straight. :D

Mixed feelings, I agree... but it would have been nice to see panic setting in in Cowboy Country already. Question to anybody watching the SF-Dallas game... Didn't Dallas catch a huge break near the end of regulation? Cowboys had a 3rd-and-2 with about :30 left. They ran a playaction to the HB, pitched it BACKWARDS to Austin who fumbled before a lineman fell on it. They lost five or six yards on the play. They somehow wind-up lining-up and making a 48-yard FG to send it to OT. Of course neither talking head said anything about this, but I was pretty sure they spotted the ball wrong. Did anyone else see this or am I being such a Skins' fan I am making this up???

You traced my exact thoughts, DCdangerous. I was just about to start a similar thread.

I can't wait...HTTR!

I agree with this, as much as I hate the cowboys. I know that if they were down 2-0 the ferocity they would come out with to win their first home game on monday night would have definitely make us have more work to do. Does it mean that we would have definitely lost? Of course not. But I do realize that sometimes its hard to match the intensity of someone in a completely desperate situation especially when you are also feeling really good about yourself. And quite frankly, I need more time to trust these redskins to rise to the occasion and always play as hard as possible. How many times have we seen a team that is supposedly in disarray come and play us and turn around their season.

Here's hoping we kick their butts all over the field on monday! HTTR!

I especially hate this win for 2 reasons:

1. The win vs the 49ers will give the media to applaud them for coming back and are now on the right track :doh:

2. The game next week is essentially for first place. They would be 2-1 with win and 1-0 in the division. Skins need to stay the course and be focused. They can definitely win this game

you've got to be f'in kidding me. Seriously? you care that much about a 'chip on their shoulder'? Sorry but I would take the Cowgirls in complete meltdown/demoralized/self doubting mode over the resurgent, renewed confidence they have now. Once again **** THAT. Somebody pull both your man card and your redskins card.

you've got to be f'in kidding me. Seriously? you care that much about a 'chip on their shoulder'? Sorry but I would take the Cowgirls in complete meltdown/demoralized/self doubting mode over the resurgent, renewed confidence they have now. Once again **** THAT. Somebody pull both your man card and your redskins card.

Sorry, but that action requires a unanimous decision by the group.

That logic is for losing teams. A good team doesn't care whether or not another team might have a "chip" on its shoulder. A good team finds a team that's down and finishes the job. Teams have turned their seasons around on us for way, way too long now. It's time we end some seasons. 0-3 for Dallas could've just about done that.

But I'll settle for 1-2 at this point.

I just hope we get Landry back. Now THAT is someone who will have a chip on his shoulder.

Because I know that if we came to their house and they had an 0-2 record, the would have a hug chip on their shoulder and would be ferocious against us.

After the win, their anger has subsided and wont be fully on a target-locked mission to beat us. Now we can come in with a good ol division match.

here's why you should have hoped for another loss:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/09/19/jones-fragile-cowboys-needed-a-lift/

Archived