Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why am I glad Dallas won their game in Week 2?

DCdangerous

Agree 100%. I get that some of you mouth-breathers will be "hurr hurr f--- DALLA$"... but TC is right, this will be better for the 'Skins. We have a chance to take a choke-hold early in the division. Not saying that 3 games in means domination, but it's better to play it as it lies vs. having Dallas in a media-driven hole on Monday night.

**typos

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. (Breathing through nose I might add).

1) You're thinking too much. Don't. It's equally possible that Dallas cashes it in a bit after losing today. Coming in limping instead.

2)Today,the biggest idiot walking the planet is Jim Harbaugh.

3) **** Dallas.

4) Game 2 is never a good time to be glad to see the Cowboys win. See above.

:D

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. (Breathing through nose I might add).

1) You're thinking too much. Don't. It's equally possible that Dallas cashes it in a bit after losing today. Coming in limping instead.

2)Today,the biggest idiot walking the planet is Jim Harbaugh.

3) **** Dallas.

4) Game 2 is never a good time to be glad to see the Cowboys win. See above.

:D

Haha. I have to agree with most of all four points. I think this could be one of those win-win topics as it turns out. That is, if D loses we'll of course take the conference loss; if D wins we'll take the "not having the media [lube and insert] Dallas back against the wall for Monday Night"...c'mon ya'll, you know how they'd roll!

** end quotes

I would have loved if they were 0-2. There is no way Romo sits to pee survives against our defense with 2 fractured ribs. In fact the Dallas coaching staff would be stupid to even put him out there risking a much worse injury. We would have stomped them and essentially thrown a knockout punch putting them 0-3. An 0-2 Dallas team is much better than a 1-1 or 2-0 team. F them.

Haha. I have to agree with most of all four points. I think this could be one of those win-win topics as it turns out. That is, if D loses we'll of course take the conference loss; if D wins we'll take the "not having the media [lube and insert] Dallas back against the wall for Monday Night"...c'mon ya'll, you know how they'd roll!

** end quotes

Yeah. Instead they're,(few of the talking heads I've watched this evening),just talking about how this could be the turning point for Romo sits to pee and the Cowboys. How he came out injured and rallied the team around him. I'd rather have the Cowboys lose,despite a hurt Romo sits to pee,and come in to Monday night limping with Romo sits to pee and others hurt. And all this gushing by some of the guys on t.v.. Bleah.

honestly, I felt almost as bad about that Dallas win as I would about a Redskin loss haha. After basking in victory, all my emotion went to Dallas losing and I got just as worked up as I did in the Skins game. You can't be 'okay' with a Dallas win just like you can't be 'okay' with a Redskins loss for a higher draft pick.

Why? because **** Dallas and Hail to the Redskins. That's the way it goes right?

Not glad they won. Dallas needs to lose, no matter what.

But I am glad Romo sits to pee came back. First of all, I think he is worse than Kitna, period. Now he is playing hurt too? There were some throws where the injury looked to be hindering him.

Our defense will show up big time against Dallas. And Romo sits to pee always comes up small when it matters.

The only good thing about the Dallas win is that the coaching staff put such an emphasis on not going 0-2 that they might have made Romo sits to pee's rib injury worse. Now, I never root for an injury, but if Romo sits to pee's ribs were indeed cracked when he left the game, and he is further injured now, that is on the coaching staff for sending him back in. They seemed more concerned about getting the win on this day then any long term 2011 ramifications of Romo sits to pee continuing to play.

This may benefit the 'Skins next week as now reports are that Romo sits to pee may not play, and it looks like Austin & Felix Jones are definitely out.

How will we ever stop that BEAST Tashard Choice?

Rivalries are interesting things. I want Dallas to lose every game they play, but I also want good meaningful games against Dallas, which only happens when we're both relevant teams. I agree that the Cowboys win increased are odds of beating them next Monday, but I'd rather us beat them to 0-3 than 2-1.

That's why I hate the Ravens more than any team including the Cowboys. Not a rivalry, no conflicts. The Ravens are a scourge, and the NFL should contract.

Because I know that if we came to their house and they had an 0-2 record, the would have a hug chip on their shoulder and would be ferocious against us.

After the win, their anger has subsided and wont be fully on a target-locked mission to beat us. Now we can come in with a good ol division match.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm glad they won. Because of this, let's hope they experience let down this Monday night.

Imagine if the players felt this way.

Orakpo: "Looks like the Cowboys came back and won the game."

Grossman: "Thank goodness. God forbid the Cowboys be ferocious against us!"

Who's to say they don't? They'd never say it in an interview, and it's perhaps a detrimental way to think, but most players probably think about motivational factors the same way we do.

Archived