Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Romo Broken Rib (Merged x2)

SanfordJay

[/color]

I played QB with what they called bruised ribs (I never understood how you could bruise a rib - it's a bone). I wore a air rib protector which was blown up tight to both support and protect along with the obvious pain shot to numb the area. I was OK during the game but that night and the next couple of days were NOT good.

Yeah but he has a confirmed fractured rib. Couldnt a broken bone puncture his lung? I mean these are 250-300 pound men that will be trying to destroy him right in the ribs 8 days after the injury. Could you imagine the pain if a 300 pound man hit you in the ribs full speed and then landed on you while you had your injury? I stand by that Romo sits to pee wont play. If he does, no way he finishes the game.

Cowboys QB Romo sits to pee has punctured lung; status 'up in the air'

Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo sits to pee has a punctured lung, NFL Network's Michael Lombardi reported Monday, citing a league source.

Romo sits to pee is having tests performed, and his status for the Week 3 game against the Washington Redskins remains "up in the air," a team source told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora on Monday.

Romo sits to pee played through the injury Sunday to lead the Cowboys to a 27-24 overtime victory over the San Francisco 49ers. He initially was declared out of the game but returned in the fourth quarter with Dallas trailing 24-14.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82264a8d/article/cowboys-qb-Romo sits to pee-has-punctured-lung-status-up-in-the-air?module=HP11_breaking_news

This is not a simple bruise where you can suit up and play next week. They need to be careful on this. If he gets sack(s) next week, he might be out for the season. I prefer to see him play because he will get rid of the ball a lot quicker since he doesn't want to get hit.

Austin if for sure out next week. I am shocked Felix will play.

This is a game we should win also. Kick them while they're down.

Dude earns major respect in my book. I still hate the Cowboys, and therefore I still hate him. But still.....that takes some guts. And I'm sure that after he choked last week, he didn't want to hear a lot of the same nonsense that Cutler took after he couldn't finish that playoff game for the Bears.

Having said that, if he does play Monday night, rest assured that our D will be coached to be careful with any hits that might be "misinterpreted" down there. That call would rest largely on the referee and umpire, and we have two seasoned, experienced pros officiating Monday's game. I say blow 'em out and take the crowd out of it early.

Yeah but he has a confirmed fractured rib. Couldnt a broken bone puncture his lung? I mean these are 250-300 pound men that will be trying to destroy him right in the ribs 8 days after the injury. Could you imagine the pain if a 300 pound man hit you in the ribs full speed and then landed on you while you had your injury? I stand by that Romo sits to pee wont play. If he does, no way he finishes the game.

There are different degrees of fracture from a small bone chip upwards. If he has a punctured lung though that suggests its a more serious fracture as something from the rib has contacted his lung. I have to agree that if he has what is being reported it would be stupid bordering on dangerous for the Dallas medical staff to allow him to even be considered to suit up. I expect to see Kitna under centre Sunday.

Archived