Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Arizona means something but the Giants just felt good. Welcome 4-0 into the bye.

Art

I'd thank you if I wasn't pretty sure that your same superstition has contributed to our 17 playoff-less seasons over the past two decades.

Thought the same thing.

If superstition has anything to do with anything, then THIS is the guy who's cost us 20 years of sucking.

I like the post' date=' and I'm not trying to say this to start **** but....if someone with 100 posts starts this particular thread they get absolutely blasted and/or temporarily banned.[/quote']

Why would anyone of any number of posts who posts a thoughtful positive thread about the Washington Redskins on Extremeskins be banned. I think you people are flatly ridiculous with this thought. Hell, we don't even ban the negative Nancy types who are so deserving of it. No way we're banning people who actually both LIKE and SEEM to like their team.

Why would anyone of any number of posts who posts a thoughtful positive thread about the Washington Redskins on Extremeskins be banned. I think you people are flatly ridiculous with this thought. Hell, we don't even ban the negative Nancy types who are so deserving of it. No way we're banning people who actually both LIKE and SEEM to like their team.

Maybe "banned" is a little harsh but I don't think it's any secret that people who don't have 1,000+ posts on this board are treated pretty harshly sometimes. I like the positivity personally though. Hail my good sir.

Maybe "banned" is a little harsh but I don't think it's any secret that people who don't have 1' date='000+ posts on this board are treated pretty harshly sometimes. I like the positivity personally though. Hail my good sir.[/quote']

This message board is known for the Swarm. Users tend to regulate other user behavior far more effectively than mods. Mods typically spend time cleaning up duplicates and thread titles. Very little mod time is spent on content of a post. Indeed, the user base would likely treat a newer member differently than a long time member, but that's based largely on the history the user community has together more than on the content. New users typically show up here and post nonsense though, as we've sucked for so long. The few new users who post something thoughtful on their initial post or early in their posting time are usually thanked for it from what I've seen here.

I like the post' date=' and I'm not trying to say this to start **** but....if someone with 100 posts starts this particular thread they get absolutely blasted and/or temporarily banned.[/quote']

Mods can do things we can't. It's not a democracy. That's a good thing in this case because it would be anarchy. I've noted lately that board has in fact been operating a lot smoother than it had for a couple years there. Less heavy hand and less need for it than there was for while. The technical parts are also much improved. I figure if the mods and ownership can give us this cool place, they should be allowed, or perhaps not challenged for, something as innocuous as a happy thread over a win and an optimistic view point. And now that I've helped derail it, I'll have to get on topic.

I'd love to have that optimism that Art has indulged himself with. 4-0 does seem feasible to me, but not likely. Boy would I be happy if it did happen. Winning close games is a thing that a good team has to do, but I sure would like to see the close ones against better competition and a few signs of a potential to dominate, a killer instinct that I don't see yet, at least not team wide.

It wouldn't be that shocking to see us go 5-0 actually, but I don't think so. My gut says this teams loses 1 and maybe 2 out of the next 3 games and 2 of those games are divisional games.

Until this team has 10 wins, I wouldn't be comfortable about a playoff birth. Though the way the NFC and NFC EAST is turning out this year so far; the Skins are a good bet as any.

I agree with Art completely. Our defense is solid, Banks is a threat for a return and will get a few, and our offense actually has play makers. Rex has 4 solid choices (5 really with Cooley) and defenses can't account for them all while trying to stop the run. Moss is gonna have a fine year, with Armstrong, Gaffney (who Rex played with and tore it up with in Florida... brilliant pickup) and Fred Davis, Moss cant be the center of attention. As long as Rex has time.... This will be an exciting year. Oh yeah, we are well coached too. I will admit though when Fitz caught the TD bomb on the near sack, and all the other stuff that has been typical of a Redskins letdown in past years, i did sigh and say to myself "I know this Redskins team." But i went out, smoked a cigarette and came back ready for Rex to lead us back.

I think this is actually a really good thread topic by the OP that should of lead to good discussion. Over the years the team and us as fans have been conditioned to the "here we go again " when mistakes start to mount with in a game. Today I even caught myself swearing every mistake in the first quarter was going to cost us in the end and they didn't for once :). I think its odvious the teams mental make up is different and improved and their confidence in eachother and the coaches comes through in the play on the field and its good to see. I can now worry about football issues like secondary depth,left side goaline d needing to work on contain, pass pro ect and not our team compounding mistakes and self destructing.Dallass wont be a cake walk but they will go in and leave fighting for 60 minutes.

As a fan if you can't get excited about what your seeing you need a wake up call.

Isn't it crazy how its SO easy to get caught up in the moment, in the current mistake, that you're cursing your head off and pissed, because those types of plays have cost us games in the past...and then you feel like an idiot when you look at the scoreboard and you're like..."wait...we're actually still winning 10-7 right now. We're a real team again. Calm down."...haha.

Being a fan is tough on the heart.

Isn't it crazy how its SO easy to get caught up in the moment, in the current mistake, that you're cursing your head off and pissed, because those types of plays have cost us games in the past...and then you feel like an idiot when you look at the scoreboard and you're like..."wait...we're actually still winning 10-7 right now. We're a real team again. Calm down."...haha.

Exactly ,fans have to change the mentality as well. Skins havnt been a team to really be confident in for a long time.

I think its odvious the teams mental make up is different and improved and their confidence in eachother and the coaches comes through in the play on the field and its good to see. I can now worry about football issues like secondary depth,left side goaline d needing to work on contain, pass pro ect and not our team compounding mistakes and self destructing.Dallass wont be a cake walk but they will go in and leave fighting for 60 minutes.

As a fan if you can't get excited about what your seeing you need a wake up call.

I think it's the coaches showing confidence in the playcalling and expecting them to perform to the standard they expect. They didn't stop calling an aggressive game because they were screwing up. This is what a lot of people were talking about with the play not to lose we had going here for a few years. It had the exact opposite effect on the team. They played tight, dreading the mistake that somebody were almost guaranteed to eventually make.

This game I had no doubt at all that we'd win, until the Cardinals went up 21-13 and even then I knew we had a great chance of winning it still. These guys expect to win and will even more after this one.

---------- Post added September-19th-2011 at 12:29 AM ----------

I guess you had to see the team win before. This didn't get me crazy like the play not to lose gameplan did. I mean in 1986 Schroeder threw something like 23ints and 22tds and we went 12-4.

Gibbs used to have this same confidence in his plan working for him too, we just didn't see it the 2nd time. His 2nd time I think he catered too much to the players. The plan wasn't set in stone so to speak.

Like Norv and his "what we do works" crap, you have to make the players believe in it too. I think that's his problem everywhere he goes. They think something is going to go wrong, and guess what? He goes for it on 4th and goal and they fail. We go for it on 4th from the 20 or something and it's a TD. Today, both happened.

The Ravens lost to the Titans,the Packers struggled with Carolina, the Cowboys pulled one out against the 49ers. Yes,the Skins made mistakes but they got a win under pressure. I don't know about being 4-0 but this team is improved and moving in the right direction. There are imperfections with this team as there is with every team.There is alot to be encouraged about.

Good thread. IMO a good sequel to Murf's thread before the game about developing a tradition of winning at Fedex where the discussion got into these being the type of games that the Redskins have typically lost in the past. I have to admit I don't like one thing about this team and that is how the speak OPENLY about how good they think they are, I just wonder at some point whether the bulletin board material will get the opposition fired up. Hightower last week with the "we will win" comment which got to the Cardnals locker room with Dockett commenting. And after this game, we already got Kerrigan telling Chris Russell that they are going 3-0. Grossman reaffirming last week they will win the division and multiple players talking about how this team is special. It takes me back to Smoots comment "we are the beasts of the east" after they beat the Eagles under Zorn. As far as I noticed, save Vince Young's comments about the Eagles being the dream team -- I wonder if the Redskins continue to talk they become the team with the giants bulls eye on their back.

Zorn's 6-2 had a very good feeling about it too, beating the Eagles and Cowboys on the road, I recall one of the NFL announcers thinking JC should be up for MVP, etc. I like this team a lot more. We got some really good skilled players with depth for this first time I can remember since the glory years. The defense looks revitalized, Kerrigan a potential stud. Seems like a great draft this year. While I don't think Rex Grossman is Tom Brady, I do think he's good enough. The offensive line to me seems the obvious weakness and that's with everybody healthy, i wonder what would happen if lets say Trent goes down.

Edit: It's been said many times, that teams don't need bulletin material to get fired up, probably so. And heck Rex Ryan lives for it. But personally, it makes me nervous. :D And I agree this win was more a statement win then the one against the giants.

I think this is actually a really good thread topic by the OP that should of lead to good discussion. Over the years the team and us as fans have been conditioned to the "here we go again " when mistakes start to mount with in a game. Today I even caught myself swearing every mistake in the first quarter was going to cost us in the end and they didn't for once :). I think its odvious the teams mental make up is different and improved and their confidence in eachother and the coaches comes through in the play on the field and its good to see. I can now worry about football issues like secondary depth,left side goaline d needing to work on contain, pass pro ect and not our team compounding mistakes and self destructing.Dallass wont be a cake walk but they will go in and leave fighting for 60 minutes.

Good post...

I'm glad Washington won. I am glad that the Skins are 2-0. But we still have to play the games and this team isn't good enough, belief or not, to just pencil in wins for games we haven't played.

Why not? Why does it matter if we as fans "pencil" in wins and predict a victory over the Turds and the Lambs?

I will deal with the dissappointment if and when it happens.

Until then.....

4-0 is realistic :HTTR:

Archived