Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Through 2 games Rex has looked better than any Skins QB since?

prophet

Todd Collins in '07.

But other than that short time, yeah. Candle had a good game on his own once in awhile, but nothing good enough to brag about. Brunell had his moments too, but we made the playoffs in '05 on the D and CP setting a single season rushing record. Brad Johnson was good, gotta say he's the last good QB we had before Rex has started well. Trent Green had potential. Ferrotte had moments but that's it. Damn that's all i can think of since Ryp.

Rex almost gaffed at the end but that play should've been a run anyway. Resilience is a huge part of a successful QB and he shook off two early picks (1 of which was a blatant pass interference) and hit Moss for that HUGE touchdown. That's what I want to see. Can't change the past, only the future.

since preaseason I keep seeing the echo of Rypien in my mind when I think about Rex

Rypien, though, was a genius deep ball thrower. Rex has not been so good at that yet. He's under thrown 5 deep balls with only one perfectly thrown one to Armstrong.

since preseason I keep seeing the echo of Rypien in my mind when I think about Rex

I've been thinking that for a couple of weeks - Rex reminds me of Rypien. The first couple of years that Rypien was starting, he had a propensity to fumble when hit from the blind side, and also to through interceptions at the worst possible time. Maybe not as often as Rex, but a few times. Gibbs coached Rypien well, and set him up to succeed. I kinda think Shanahan may be setting Rex up the same way, with a good system, good line, and good receivers.

---------- Post added September-18th-2011 at 05:36 PM ----------

Rypien, though, was a genius deep ball thrower. Rex has not been so good at that yet. He's under thrown 5 deep balls with only one perfectly thrown one to Armstrong.

That's why Gibbs liked him.

Rex will try to make the throws that Campbell was too conservative to make. We know what happened with Campbell, I'm content to see how far we can go with the anti-Campbell.

Yeah he was cursed by the dysfunction here and landed in a better situation for him.

Campbell looked good on deep passes today but his defense let him down in the end.

Since Brunell.

Rex threw a few really questionable balls

Yes indeed. I was curious why the ball was in his hands throwing it on 3rd down, while in field goal range, down by two. That deflection could have nearly turned into an INT that would have sealed victory the other way around. Luckily that didn't happen. Some weird bounces of the ball today.

Im not saying anything about Sexy Rex! Seriously its going to be a roller coaster ride

Agreed. I am not sold on Sexy Rexy. Often times, he plays goofy ... bad throws, poor decisions, etc. He is too inconsistent.

The Skins made a big mistake letting Trent Green walk.

Rex threw a few really questionable balls that weren't picked off. For now, I'd say, "best QB since Brunell" but I really do expect it to be, "Best QB since Johnson" by the end of the season.

Good point I would like to see some consistent play from the position before calling him the best of anybody.

Campbell would have never thrown into the end zone on 4th down like Rex did this game. For now, I'm saying he's the best QB since 2005 Brunell. If he plays consistently throughout the season, he'll probably graduate to the best since Johnson.

---------- Post added September-18th-2011 at 06:06 PM ----------

Rex threw a few really questionable balls that weren't picked off. For now, I'd say, "best QB since Brunell" but I really do expect it to be, "Best QB since Johnson" by the end of the season.

Haha, yeah, you basically said the same thing I just did.

Archived