Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Every time I think of the Cardinals I think of Boomer Esiason and his 522 yds. (Nov. 10, 1996)

HogNose

Geeee. So many games of the past and have to remember that one? May have been some dark times,but there was this the following year.

9N_Q_PZDpzI

Or this blast from the past,(Joey T. and Art Monk doing that quick offense thing).

RBSEgqnyKVE

Much better. :D

Geeee. So many games of the past and have to remember that one? May have been some dark times,but there was this the following year.

I know, I know...:doh: There are so many other good ones from the 70's, 80's, etc , but I guess because I was at that game...good tailgating, beautiful football weather...up in the 4th quarter and then we blew it. It scarred me. :(

Yeah the Cardinals loved the Norv years.

The good thing about Norv is that he's gone. The Skins haven't lost to the Cardinals since a few weeks before he got fired.

Now he's in San Diego with a great team and he loses to Oakland twice a year now. He's found his new Cardinals.

Schottenheimer was 2-0 vs the Cardinals

Spurrier was 1-0 vs the Cardinals

Gibbs was 2-0 vs the Cardinals

Zorn was 1-0 vs the Cardinals

Too bad they moved them out of the division. As bad as the Skins have been we are still perfect against them since Norv.

I think of Antonio Brown blowing kisses to the crowd on his way in for a KO return TD... that play gave us the lead and the win and was part of the run to the playoffs in 2005.

Those 5 games are far and away the best time I've had as a Redskins fan since 1991.

ah yes. the cardinals. before they moved to the nfc west. they were in phoenix at least once a year. allways a good close game. i remember a few heartaches. the aneas wiliams touchdown. i have never seen so many skins fans cheer for the wrong damn team before in my life. but lets face it. it was in phx, and those fans desperatley needed something to cheer about. even if you were wearing a skins jearsey and cheering him alomg his way. you are forgiven. there was the jake plummer flip off. that was memorable. broke his pinky i think. and the crowd cheered when he went to the bench. he then flipped off the crowd. the begining of the end for him there. ah yessss. thecardinals.

sbb

Every time I think of the Cardinals I think of Boomer Esiason and his 522 yds & 3 TDs. I had lower level end zone seats that day and that OT game still stings. It was a long suicidal drive home. :twitch:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199611100was.htm

Yeah. Had to take my wife to K-mart that day. I sat in the car listing to the rest of that crap while she was shopping. Went to three damn overtimes and like a fool I sat there still thinking we could win it. I was in a state of anger anybody walking by would have to say to themselves that man is nuts. I couldn't take it. The Norv Turner years was such a wet fart godawful time.

---------- Post added September-17th-2011 at 01:41 PM ----------

Yeah. Had to take my wife to K-mart that day. I sat in the car listing to the rest of that crap while she was shopping. Went to three damn overtimes and like a fool I sat there still thinking we could win it. I was in a state of anger anybody walking by would have to say to themselves that man is nuts. I couldn't take it. The Norv Turner years was such a wet fart godawful time.

Was it a three overtime game against them with Esiason that day? Anybody know?

Romeo Bandison

If you don't know what that means then you are either really young or didn't truly experience the pain of the Norv era

---------- Post added September-17th-2011 at 08:56 AM ----------

---------- Post added September-17th-2011 at 01:41 PM ----------

Was it a three overtime game against them with Esiason that day? Anybody know?

Does not exsist in NFL and never had. Only a handful of multiple OT games in NFL history- all in the playoffs.

Romeo Bandison

If you don't know what that means then you are either really young or didn't truly experience the pain of the Norv era.

Ed, refresh my memory. Was it Bandison who was offsides when Kevin Butler missed that potential game-winning FG? I remember Butler making the second one. :(

Ed, refresh my memory. Was it Bandison who was offsides when Kevin Butler missed that potential game-winning FG? I remember Butler making the second one. :(

The Bandison blunder was in the second game in Arizona. With about 5 minutes left a face mask penalty was called on DT Bandison. It was 3rd and 16 at the time. Arizona went on to score and win and we missed the playoffs.:(

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199612150crd.htm

ah yes. the cardinals. before they moved to the nfc west. they were in phoenix at least once a year. allways a good close game. i remember a few heartaches. the aneas wiliams touchdown. i have never seen so many skins fans cheer for the wrong damn team before in my life. but lets face it. it was in phx, and those fans desperatley needed something to cheer about. even if you were wearing a skins jearsey and cheering him alomg his way. you are forgiven. there was the jake plummer flip off. that was memorable. broke his pinky i think. and the crowd cheered when he went to the bench. he then flipped off the crowd. the begining of the end for him there. ah yessss. thecardinals.

sbb

The Jake Plummer flip-off was when he was with the Broncos, flipping off Denver fans.

And that Aeneas Williams fumble return game. That was a few days before the 2000 Nov. election (Gore v. Bush). There was also a measure on the AZ ballot asking voters to approve funding for a new Cardinals stadium, since we had played at ASU's Sun Devil Stadium and needed our own field for revenue purposes. The fumble return and victory over the Redskins 2 days earlier BARELY gave us enough support from voters to approve the 300 million dollars for a new stadium. Otherwise, we'd probably be in L.A. by now. That fumble return was Aeneas running 100+ yards to a new stadium and a future for the Cardinals in Arizona!

Here's a link, voters approved the measure by only 51% of the vote!: http://articles.latimes.com/2000/nov/08/sports/sp-48777

Archived