Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you HAD to choose: who would you rather have this Sunday Orakpo or Landry?

LehighValleySkinsFan

Obviously you, I, everyone would want the both of them playing. I'm just curious as to what everyone else here would say and why.

My opinion is id rather have landry. For 2 reasons. Id like to see Rob Jackson and Markus White with bigger role for a game and I'd much prefer a 100% healthy secondary for this game in particular.

Again I know we would ALL want both to play.

Landry of course. The drop off from LL to Reed is more severe than that of Orakpo to RJax..

---------- Post added September-16th-2011 at 06:48 PM ----------

I would choose Landry. I think there is less of a dropoff from Orakpo to Jackson than there is from Landry to Doughty.

Commented without reading the thread. We share a brain on this one..

I would have to say Landry as well... Reed is just that bad. Orakpo is a nice player, but he isn't great and certainly doesn't strike fear in anyone like DWare ..unfortunately.

Landry is much more of an upgrade over Reed... if he can get over being made of glass lately.

They have upgraded the Dline and LB positions big time. They haven't added anything to make up for the loss of Landry so he's the obvious choice.

He's been out so long though I wonder if he'd even be effective.

2 years ago we'd all have said Orakpo. All of us would have.

That just shows the difference between then and now.

Landry's strength is being around the line of scrimmage. Is he going to make that big of a difference in coverage? I'm going to go against the grain and say Orakpo. He will be up against the worst offensive tackle in the league and could be running after Kolb all day long.

We don't play a cover 1. i don't understand why people think that Landry is only good at SS he's an asset as SS in the cover 2 scheme if we play that. U don't run a single safety on 4 wr formations

If I had to.....Orakpo is the hard choice to make. Making a QB feel the pressure, get knocked down, hurried, and sacked makes the front 7 very valuable. I love Landry but his pass coverage skills aren't very good. Orakpo can be a sack machine. The front 7 of this defense is the big key for this sunday.

:helmet:

Landry because the thought of Doughty out there vs Fitzgerald makes me shudder. That's just him vs Andre Johnson all over again. :twitch: Orakpo right now is probably the best player on this defense, but because Kerrigan is there I really don't feel that bad without him. I know Kerrrigan plays the other side, but I feel confident with him in there.

Archived