Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone remeber Kenny Philips hitting Fred Davis illegally?

Tom [Giants fan]

I think the following link may have the hit from the Washington Times dated Sept. 11th, 2011.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/multimedia/image/redskins_0728/

It looks like he is either launching himself or delivering a blow to the head which would probably draw the fine.

Edit:

The following link is the extremeskins thread DieHard is talking about. It contains the Antrel Rolle helmet to helmet hit on post # 31:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?353893-ESPN-(New-York)-Antrel-Rolle-quot-Giants-the-better-team-quot-(merged)&p=8526747&viewfull=1#post8526747

I remember that play well. I actually stood up and yelled "How is that not a personal foul?!" It was a clear blow to the head and the refs missed it. I'm sure one of our ES wiz kids will have a gif soon.

same here, was yelling at the screen while my wife looked at me like I was crazy. It was a play where Davis went up for a catch over the middle, and Phillips hit Davis in the head.

It was on a Skinny Post on a 3rd down and long when Davis caught a ball between the safeties for a 20 yard gain and a 1st down. Phillips arrived late from behind and hit Davis in the head as he was on the way to the ground. Nothing was called but I am not surprised they got him for hitting a defenceless receiver. I have seen lots of worse hits mind but in the current climate it's the kind of hit they are targeting.

From what I remember, Phillips played a clean hard nosed game.

It was Rolle that got the flag for helmet to helmet.

That was a completely different play. That was the one where Davis was on the ground and Rolle made a bonehead decision to hit Davis in the head. The one Phillips got fined for was a pass up the middle (I believe) and it was clearly a hit to the head.

I think the following link may have the hit from the Washington Times dated Sept. 11th, 2011.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/multimedia/image/redskins_0728/

It looks like he is either launching himself or delivering a blow to the head which would probably draw the fine.

and there you have it.

BTW. I'm disappointed in some of you so-called Redskins fans. You are supposed to remember every single play. ;)

;8532999']The NFL fined Kenny Philips $10' date='000 for an illegal hit on Fred Davis. Does anyone remember the hit or have an image?[/quote']

Hey Tom, the pictures within this thread are NOT the picture you're looking for. However, it is posted somewhere here on ES (I believe the NFL forum).

I have seen it on here in the past few days... it is a perfect photo of it. And they captured the helmet-to-helmet contact.

I remember that play well. I actually stood up and yelled "How is that not a personal foul?!" It was a clear blow to the head and the refs missed it. I'm sure one of our ES wiz kids will have a gif soon.

No surprise they seem unable to see Orakpo being held constantly.

Yeah that Rolle play isn't the same one.

If Phillips is fined for that other play then someone should get the info out to Todd Pinkston that it's safe for him to come back now. Can't even make hits over the middle anymore.

You can still hit em, just not in the head.

I do agree though that they are getting a bit ticky tacky on some of these hits, especially on the QBs.

Archived