Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will FedEx Field ever have another Funky Four?

ThePreciating

I guess this thread is as good a place for this question as any.

What's the deal with the band only playing Hail to the Redskins after every-other-score? On half of our scores, instead of the band playing the song, they played the recorded version along with some video on the HD screen. Amazing that we're the only NFL team with a live marching band (I think) and yet they only let the live band play the Redskins fight song on half the scores.

What's the deal with the band only playing Hail to the Redskins after every-other-score? On half of our scores, instead of the band playing the song, they played the recorded version along with some video on the HD screen. Amazing that we're the only NFL team with a live marching band (I think) and yet they only let the live band play the Redskins fight song on half the scores.

I was actually thinking about that thi spast Sunday. Normally in the past when we've scored, the band played loudly, and it was unmistakeable. When we scored the first TD, it was eerily silent. If the song was playing, it obviously as you say, wasn't the band. Awkward...

I was actually thinking about that thi spast Sunday. Normally in the past when we've scored, the band played loudly, and it was unmistakeable. When we scored the first TD, it was eerily silent. If the song was playing, it obviously as you say, wasn't the band. Awkward...
who cares about the funky four. I'd like them to give us the band back after TD's. The audio version of HTTR is too slow and it's just not the same..

I recently asked this in the thread about the removal of sections in the uperdeck. We have a Hall of Fame marching band that lives to play the oldest and most well known NFL fight song and instead they sit idol while someone plays a recording. You know who else plays a recording of their fight song. The freakin' Eagles! (Plus a number of other teams, like Chicago, Green Bay, Minnesota; but I figured the Eagles reference would hit harder).

SonnyandSam brought up a good point that sometimes it's hard to hear the band, so folks' timing is off when it comes to singing. I agree with him on that, and I beleive the video is a good idea. I wish they could sync the band playing with the video. Have the band leader and the video operator communicate so they can start at the same time.

Sorry to hijack the Funky Four thread. I should start a new one since I know there are a few people that feel the same away.

What are you talking about? They came out during the long TV break between the third and fourth quarter. There is nothing for the fans to do during that time. Hell, the teams weren't even on the field. They were on the sidelines with the coaches. It did not affect any fan's attention to the game. Stop rewriting history.

If you didn't like the fun diversion....fine. But let's not make stuff up that wasn't true.

To be fair, we were usually losing/about to lose at those points.

The Funky Four were awful. I'd resurrect bin Laden before I'd resurrect them.

I recently asked this in the thread about the removal of sections in the uperdeck. We have a Hall of Fame marching band that lives to play the oldest and most well known NFL fight song and instead they sit idol while someone plays a recording. You know who else plays a recording of their fight song. The freakin' Eagles! (Plus a number of other teams, like Chicago, Green Bay, Minnesota; but I figured the Eagles reference would hit harder).

SonnyandSam brought up a good point that sometimes it's hard to hear the band, so folks timing is off when it comes to singing. I agree with him on that, and I beleive the video is a good idea. I wish they could sync the band playing with the video. Have the band leader and the video operator communicate so they can start at the same time.

Sorry to hijack the Funky Four thread. I should start a new one since I know there are a few people that feel the same away.

Good stuff. I was thinking the same thing, about starting a new thread. May email the team as well. It just makes no sense to not have the band play the song. I thought at first that the reason they did it was to cut to a commercial earlier, but that didn't happen -- after the pre-recorded version, they started playing some modern rock song.

And as far as not being able to hear it, I can always hear it OK from the upper deck. I don't think the crowd not being in sync with the band is a valid concern. It's just another stupid decision by the organization.

Archived