Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone listening to Colin Cowherd did he really say "Rex Grossman is an underrated QB" ?

kiingspadee

Something about Cowherd always makes me feel like the dude is on cocaine for half his broadcasts.

I've been listening to him on the commute to downtown LA recently, and he repeats himself over and over. It's like he thinks his point is so good that he needs to say it six times. He's somewhat knowledgeable and entertaining but on the whole I kinda want to punch him in the face.

agree....the Giants were so confident that he could not beat them they stacked the box and dared him to pass...he did. Future teams may be a bit more cautious in assuming that Rexy cannot pass the ball..

That's good. If they start playing to stop the pass, Tim Hightower will tear them up.

The guy is a joke, he changes his opinion depending on which side will get people more callers. I guess that is his job, but I miss what used to be intelligent sports talk radio and not just sports-themed shock jock shows. But with him leading the parade, that is the blueprint that a lot of sports talk shows are following. It gets attention, I will give him that, but while I don't listen too often anymore, I tend to feel dumber whenever I do.

It just annoys me that he never admits when he is wrong. I am not saying he was wrong about Grossman, it is way too early to tell. But if he is wrong about one side of an argument, he just casually jumps over to the other side.

He and Skip Bayless are cut from the same cloth in that regard.

Rex is probably benefiting from his "Old" rep. Hopefully this year can be comparable to what the Rams did with Warner. I remember the Niners were still trying to call them "The same ole rams."

Well, those "Same Ole Rams" went to the Super Bowl. Now I'm not saying we're going to the Super Bowl. We're not at that level. However, right now we benefit from teams underestimating us and Rex for that matter. That's a good thing. The "Big Show" will be if we beat Arizona and Rex throws for another 300 yards, The Monday Night Dallas game. It will be interesting to see how we attack their new "Ryan" defense.

I actually really like Cowherd's radio show. The TV show is kinda bootleg, but I don't mind Cowherd. People get so offended if he disses their team. I don't care, I know we're better. We've sucked for so long they have the right to hate.

But for the most part I agree with him. Loosen up and give the guy a chance, he's kinda funny.

Cowherd is even a Redskins fan.

say what?

I actually really like Cowherd's radio show. The TV show is kinda bootleg, but I don't mind Cowherd. People get so offended if he disses their team. I don't care, I know we're better. We've sucked for so long they have the right to hate.

But for the most part I agree with him. Loosen up and give the guy a chance, he's kinda funny.

i admit i dont get it at all. first time i listened was when he took over for kornheiser years ago. his voice, his overall tone, something about him was so grating on my nerves. i've said it before, but the guy always makes you feel like youre a kid in grade school getting yelled at by the principal. he screams his points. he acts like youre an idiot if you dont agree with him. to say he's 'funny' is probably the farthest thing from a description i would use for him- i honestly didnt know that he was supposed to be funny, or trying to be funny. i see him as a guy who comes across as he does for rating purposes- a shock jock.

i guess i just cant get past his voice and delivery.

Cowherd is just a stain in the rug.

From Wiki, just in case anyone doesn't get this next level reference..

Sean Taylor's Murder - Cowherd was criticized for comments made regarding the circumstances surrounding Sean Taylor's death. On November 28, 2007, one day after Taylor's home invasion murder, Cowherd claimed that Taylor's past had brought this upon himself, and that Redskins fans who mourned him were not "grown ups." Cowherd stated about Taylor's turnaround; "Well, yeah, just because you clean the rug doesn't mean you got everything out. Sometimes you've got stains, stuff so deep it never ever leaves." Taylor's death was later found to be the result of a botched robbery, and the robbers hadn't known Taylor was home when they entered

:needpics:

Thank you for that. :D I also think Beadle is a D.C. gal because she is definitely a fan of Ovie and the Caps. The girl is smoking hot. As for Cowherd, the guy bases his analysis on a sliver of information and he can change his opinion on a moment's notice (case in point the quote in the thread title) A bandwaggoner for sure.

I like CC and his TV show, its entertainment and i find it entertaining. Skins fan get so mad because he always trashes us, but he is a gambler at heart, and in recent history (last 10 years) we have consistenly been a terrible bet. Whether you think we are going to win or lose, we usually do the opposite, im sure most gamblers hate the Skins.

what he said though was that people think Grossman is terrible, like Kyle Boller or David Carr terrible, and he is not. Therefore Rex is underated because he is average (50/50). However, its my opinion that even that belief will be shattered by years end, cause as we all know, hes not just a gunslinger, hes a ***slinger.

Colin Cowherd needs to stick to baseball, he knows nothing about football. He also sold Jake Locker as an NFL quarterback and bought Andy Dalton lol. I really don't think any of the analysts on ESPN know anything at all. I think everyone of them has badmouthed Rex Grossman. I only like Joe Theismann, he's my favorite, he said this offense was built for Rex Grossman last preseason. There's a guy that knows what's going on.

He doesn't know anything about football so there is no reason to listen to anything he says or for anybody on first take for that matter. I remember that stupid black woman that's on ESPN wondering why we don't get Vince Young lol. I'll tell you why we don't, because Rex Grossman is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than vince young will ever be. It's almost like Skip Bayless and all those other retards couldn't recognize talent if it was right in front of them.

Regarding THEREALTOR1's pic of Michelle Beadle: HELLO, NURSE!!! :drooley:

Regarding Colin Cowherd's blaming of the victim in the Sean Taylor murder case, what a vile thing to say -- especially when he obviously knew nothing about the case, because the police report had yet to be issued or disclosed. Sometimes people just need to shut their big yaps -- like that dope Jamie Dukes of NFL Network who did what Cowherd did and blamed Taylor for being the victim of a random, violent crime. Jagoffs. :mad:

Archived