Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone listening to Colin Cowherd did he really say "Rex Grossman is an underrated QB" ?

kiingspadee

we really need to take this first game with a grain of salt. if rex comes out on sunday and has one of his bad rex games, all of this rex love is going straight down the toilet. when rex does this kinda stuff for like 10 weeks in a row, then we'll know hes good to go.

agree....the Giants were so confident that he could not beat them they stacked the box and dared him to pass...he did. Future teams may be a bit more cautious in assuming that Rexy cannot pass the ball..

They change their opinions so often, that it should not even be taken into account. This week, hes unerrated because he had a great week 1. If he has a bad week 2, then they will be talking about how he does this all the time and how you cant depend on him to be a solid starter. But then after another good week, he'll be a sleeper. Its comical and should be taken with a grain of salt

Here is where my optimism originates from with Rex. When he was the Chicago based super villian "Good Rex/Bad Rex", he was presiding over a very conservative offense. Being a young QB and harboring a gunslinger attitude, he from time to time broke out and made some ill advised, high-risk decisions with the football. This resulted in a feast or famine reputation that he earned and ultimately lost him his starting job in Chicago. Now after a few years to reflect and learn from his past, he finds himself in a much more structured dynamic offense. He has studied and become a real student of this offense and has left his maverick ways behind him. This may not make him a top tier QB, but it should serve in making him much more consistant in his decision making. My primary concern however is, he seems to think all our receivers are 2' taller than they actually are. High throws are going to get our players killed.

Wasn't he bad mouthing the Redskins all offseason?

The guy is a joke, he changes his opinion depending on which side will get people more callers. I guess that is his job, but I miss what used to be intelligent sports talk radio and not just sports-themed shock jock shows. But with him leading the parade, that is the blueprint that a lot of sports talk shows are following. It gets attention, I will give him that, but while I don't listen too often anymore, I tend to feel dumber whenever I do.

It just annoys me that he never admits when he is wrong. I am not saying he was wrong about Grossman, it is way too early to tell. But if he is wrong about one side of an argument, he just casually jumps over to the other side.

The skins have a balanced team this year, though. In past years we didnt have a qb who would find the open receivers even with 8 man boxes. If the opposing teams play the pass then the running game is gonna hurt them. Think back to last year against tampa bay and indy, both games where the opposing team played cover 2 almost entirely, torain had 150 plus yards in both situations.

If the Cards stop the run, Moss, Gaffney, Armstrong, Davis, or Cooley will be open. Or all of them and Rex will just slice and dice them up like Newton did :ols:

Yeah, Cowherd is just a bandwagoner. He's "talked" about Rex before(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIl8c2ReGuw). His logic is about as flawed as a 495 construction site, however he does pop random rants that I find funny from time to time.

Cowherd is up and down with whomever is hot, I recall early last season post the first game against the Cowboys that we have perhaps the best defense in the NFC

we really need to take this first game with a grain of salt. if rex comes out on sunday and has one of his bad rex games, all of this rex love is going straight down the toilet. when rex does this kinda stuff for like 10 weeks in a row, then we'll know hes good to go.

10 weeks? It's not going to take 10 weeks to see if Rex can be consistent. When people make definite changes it takes 3 weeks to form that new habit. After that 3rd week it becomes instinctual and second nature. He's had an ok preseason and a good week 1. By the time the bye week rolls around we should be able to take what we have and project it down the line for this year. I'm looking for continued leadership; limiting turnovers; decisiveness under-pressure; and accuracy. He knows how to run the system and that's already proven. It's very possible that at this stage in his career he very well could be taking that next step with the experience and maturity it takes to be the consistent 'Good Rex'. We'll see in short order.

Cowherd also said we would only win 2 or 3 games this year. Now Rex is underrated? This is why I can't listen to him anymore.

Exactly. My Facebook post while standing in the aisle waiting to get out of FedEx on Sunday read: Dear Colin Cowherd- just exactly WHO again is the worst team in pro football?!?? #clueless #epicfail

The guy is worthless as they come.

Archived