Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Football Gameplan's Week 2 Redskins v Cardinals Video Preview

EmDiggy

EmDiggy - Cam Newton, a rookie, put up over 400 yards on that Cardinals D. Rex Grossman is a more accurate passer and has much more experience, not only the in the system he's currently playing in, but also in the NFL. I'm thinking that the Cardinals would not want to put it all on Rex Grossman because if they do that, the Cardinals CBs will give up many big plays. Defensively, if the Redskins double up Larry Fitzgerald and make other receivers beat us, I'm not sure how well the Cardinals offense will do. Their running game is atrocious, which may also mean their O-line is suspect. Our Defense flipped the proverbial switch last week and really took the Giants behind the woodshed in the second half.

I have a feeling it will be a tough day for Kolb and company.

EmDiggy - Cam Newton, a rookie, put up over 400 yards on that Cardinals D. Rex Grossman is a more accurate passer and has much more experience, not only the in the system he's currently playing in, but also in the NFL. I'm thinking that the Cardinals would not want to put it all on Rex Grossman because if they do that, the Cardinals CBs will give up many big plays. Defensively, if the Redskins double up Larry Fitzgerald and make other receivers beat us, I'm not sure how well the Cardinals offense will do. Their running game is atrocious, which may also mean their O-line is suspect. Our Defense flipped the proverbial switch last week and really took the Giants behind the woodshed in the second half.

I have a feeling it will be a tough day for Kolb and company.

Thanks Rex Tomb! But until I see Grossman put together back-to-back solid weeks.. .I have to figure that the Cardinals D can cause a problem. Its all about matchups, the Cardinals didn't matchup well with the Panthers as they do you guys. That's why I feel like it will be a close game. Defensively, they pose a big of a threat than the Giants because of their ability to stretch the field offensively and they also can provide pressure with the 3-4 defense. I know you guys run the 3-4 as well and are well equipped to pick it up..but still it posed a different set of problems because of the 4/5 rusher. Grossman will have to be able to make quick and accurate decision.

Also, be on the lookout for a passing match... The Cards were able to stuff the run last week and if they come with that same type of aggressiveness in the run game.. this could come down to Grossman vs Kolb

*Grabs Beer in Western Saloon*

Thanks Rex Tomb! But until I see Grossman put together back-to-back solid weeks.. .I have to figure that the Cardinals D can cause a problem. Its all about matchups, the Cardinals didn't matchup well with the Panthers as they do you guys. That's why I feel like it will be a close game. Defensively, they pose a big of a threat than the Giants because of their ability to stretch the field offensively and they also can provide pressure with the 3-4 defense. I know you guys run the 3-4 as well and are well equipped to pick it up..but still it posed a different set of problems because of the 4/5 rusher. Grossman will have to be able to make quick and accurate decision.

Also, be on the lookout for a passing match... The Cards were able to stuff the run last week and if they come with that same type of aggressiveness in the run game.. this could come down to Grossman vs Kolb

You do realize that 3 of the last 4 regular season games Gross has put up 300+ yards, correct? This is going back to week 15 of last year when Grossman took over the starting job. You are asking for trouble if you think putting the game in Grossman's hands is the answer.

You do realize that 3 of the last 4 regular season games Gross has put up 300+ yards, correct? This is going back to week 15 of last year when Grossman took over the starting job. You are asking for trouble if you think putting the game in Grossman's hands is the answer.

He threw for 336 yards in a Loss to the Giants, 17/39 189 yards in an overtime victory vs Jacksonville, 322 4tds 2ints in a Loss to Dallas...

I'm just saying

How? The Redskins receivers are better than the Panthers as well as tight ends.

So am I the only one really worried about our offensive line? I think that will be the difference maker in this game. If they shut down our running game we could be ****ed.

THIS!.. However, the same can be said for the Cardinals OL.. Carolina was getting pressure all day, they just couldn't get Kolb on the ground

em, im hoping my prediction concerning your video is as flawless as it was last week.

i agree with the majority of your video..

to win, the cardinals need to take advantage of the kolb-fitz connection. the redskins secondary nearly always gets destroyed by elite WRs. im talking 3-4 td games. if hall is on fitz with doughty over the top, thats a throw im making all day if i were kolb. also, they have to get some turnovers.. it would be fitting if hightower's fumbling problems show up this game.

overall though, i think the skins offense will prove too versatile for the cardinals defense. if they stack the box, i think rex will find success in the air. if they focus on stopping the pass, the skins run game should have a great day. either way, i dont think the cardinals defense is strong enough to do either effectively, and i expect a lot of total offense and a win for the skins.

also, either peterson or banks is gonna take one to the house.

[quote name='KCasady']Do you do this for all the games each week, or just the redskins?[/QUOTE]

Yessir KCasady! I do.. ([url]www.youtube.com/footballgameplan[/url]) I just post any Redskins specific videos on this forum :)

[quote name='sportjunkie07']em, im hoping my prediction concerning your video is as flawless as it was last week.

i agree with the majority of your video..

to win, the cardinals need to take advantage of the kolb-fitz connection. the redskins secondary nearly always gets destroyed by elite WRs. im talking 3-4 td games. if hall is on fitz with doughty over the top, thats a throw im making all day if i were kolb. also, they have to get some turnovers.. it would be fitting if hightower's fumbling problems show up this game.

overall though, i think the skins offense will prove too versatile for the cardinals defense. if they stack the box, i think rex will find success in the air. if they focus on stopping the pass, the skins run game should have a great day. either way, i dont think the cardinals defense is strong enough to do either effectively, and i expect a lot of total offense and a win for the skins.

also, either peterson or banks is gonna take one to the house.[/QUOTE]

LOL! Hey...Even The Czar can have an off day :) But you're right.. that's how you can attack the Cardinals, but the same can be said in attacking you guys as well. However, you guys have the better RB depth and will find ways to get them involved in the passing game, which I think could be another X-Factor

[quote name='kevinklein']I like your video, Em. Looks like you've got a good thing going on. You called DHall a physical corner, and I couldn't help but smile. He's not unphysical...but I don't know if I would classify him as a physical corner. (cough, Jake Delhomme)[/QUOTE]

Thanks KK! LOL He's not Charles Woodson physical..but not Deion Sanders un-physical.. He's dab smack in the middle like Eric Allen physical.. Which makes him "physical" for a Cornerback *steps back and sees if this makes sense because I probably confused myself*

Archived