Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: CB Orlando Scandrick injures ankle

tr1

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/6959847/dallas-cowboys-cb-orlando-scandrick-ankle-3-4-weeks

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Dallas Cowboys cornerback Orlando Scandrick will miss 3-4 weeks with an ankle injury suffered in Sunday's season-opening loss to the New York Jets, according to owner and general manager Jerry Jones.

"We didn't get a good enough shot on the X-ray," Jones said. "It's a high ankle. It's a fracture. It's something like that. Three or four weeks is what the doctors told me."

Scandrick left MetLife Stadium in a protective boot and will have more tests when the team returns to Valley Ranch early Monday morning. At one point in the second half, the Cowboys had their fourth (Alan Ball) and fifth cornerbacks (Bryan McCann) on the field after Mike Jenkins left with a shoulder injury.

Jenkins returned in the fourth quarter but will have to be monitored during the week. Terence Newman missed the game with a groin injury, but he could return to practice this week after stepping up his rehab and conditioning work last week.

"All those guys in that defensive backfield can play for a reason," Scandrick said. "I don't know how long I'm going to be out, but I fully expect us to not miss a beat and for them to step up."

Jones said the Cowboys would likely call up Mario Butler from the practice squad instead of looking for more veteran help if the team needs to make a roster move.

---------- Post added September-13th-2011 at 09:05 PM ----------

So, for you puke apologists, I think by the end of the year, the Jets will be losers...

Sanchez is a mediocre qb...why he couldn't take advantage of that defense is testimony to his ability.

:rotflmao:

When the pukes are 1-5, will all the puke fans still think Garrett is a GREAT coach?

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/6959847/dallas-cowboys-cb-orlando-scandrick-ankle-3-4-weeks

---------- Post added September-13th-2011 at 09:05 PM ----------

[/color]So, for you puke apologists, I think by the end of the year, the Jets will be losers...

Sanchez is a mediocre qb...why he couldn't take advantage of that defense is testimony to his ability.

When the pukes are 1-5, will all the puke fans still think Garrett is a GREAT coach?

The Jets will be losers huh? Why do you do this EVERY year. No matter what, you have the same mantra whenever the Cowboys either win or play well against a good team?

Did it ever occur to you that our scheme is not simple like it used to be? Did you watch the game? Did you happen to notice that Sanchez had over 300 yards passing?

I'd say he took advantage, especially later in the game.

So, so I can pull this back up later....to summarize...

You think the Jets will win no more than 7 games and the Cowboys will start out 1-5. Gotcha!

Did you watch the game? Did you happen to notice that Sanchez had over 300 yards passing?

I'd say he took advantage, especially later in the game.

Your post strongly suggests that YOU are the one who didn't watch the game cause anyone who did saw a battle of inept qb's fighting to see who could lose the game for their team. It just so happens that Romo sits to pee is an all-pro loser with tons of experience in giving away games in the 4th and while sanchez was busy racking up empty stats like his name was Romo sits to pee jr. his defense was busy setting Folk up for the game winning field goal.

While I don't necessarily agree that the Jets will be losers this season I do think that if that D doesn't get back to the form it has had the last two seasons the Jets will have a very hard time making the playoffs cause sanchez ain't getting them there.

Did it ever occur to you that our scheme is not simple like it used to be? Did you watch the game? Did you happen to notice that Sanchez had over 300 yards passing?

Your scheme sucks.

Sanchez sucked.

The pukes suck.

That is all.

Your post strongly suggests that YOU are the one who didn't watch the game cause anyone who did saw a battle of inept qb's fighting to see who could lose the game for their team. It just so happens that Romo sits to pee is an all-pro loser with tons of experience in giving away games in the 4th and while sanchez was busy racking up empty stats like his name was Romo sits to pee jr. his defense was busy setting Folk up for the game winning field goal.

While I don't necessarily agree that the Jets will be losers this season I do think that if that D doesn't get back to the form it has had the last two seasons the Jets will have a very hard time making the playoffs cause sanchez ain't getting them there.

exactly, i don't remember who posted it here but there was a reporter who said after the game that if Romo sits to pee and sanchez were playing a game of darts it would take weeks and thousands would die.

exactly, i don't remember who posted it here but there was a reporter who said after the game that if Romo sits to pee and sanchez were playing a game of darts it would take weeks and thousands would die.

It really is like I'm in the Twillight zone. If my qb was Rex Grossman, I wouldn't say a word about any other team's qb. It does not stop Redskins fans one bit though. I love this time of year, Skins fan's get an early victory and Dallas loses. Chests puff out and the ridiculous statements flow.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

It really is like I'm in the Twillight zone. If my qb was Rex Grossman, I wouldn't say a word about any other team's qb. It does not stop Redskins fans one bit though. I love this time of year, Skins fan's get an early victory and Dallas loses. Chests puff out and the ridiculous statements flow.

So do I. Cowboys fans make bravado-filled retorts about "how fine Dallas will be" after "just one loss" and then disappear when they are 1-7. Not to mention Ken, if my QB made as many boneheaded plays as Romo sits to pee has, I wouldn't be pointing fingers either...

you know at this point i would bring up the pot meet kettle, but then i remember who i'm replying to. don't cry about it, we've been where you are, and started our 180, don't be mad that you're team is descending the stairs to the basement and ours is on the way out. you must be upset that grossman looks better than Romo sits to pee this year, huh?

in fact, why even bring up the redskins? typical poke fan, trying to justify your team sucking by putting down the redskins, newsflash ken, your team is awful. just because we are middle of the road and climbing doesn't mean squat, why don't you actually try debating what's in the thread instead of justifying your team sucking.

---------- Post added September-14th-2011 at 10:32 AM ----------

So do I. Cowboys fans make bravado-filled retorts about "how fine Dallas will be" after "just one loss" and then disappear when they are 1-7. Not to mention Ken, if my QB made as many boneheaded plays as Romo sits to pee has, I wouldn't be pointing fingers either...

he's just being a typical dallas fan, know nothing, brag brag brag, then when the pukes start losing a) dissappear B) justify it by saying something derogatory about the redskins, lol

:violin:

Be afraid of the Skins, Ken.

Be afraid.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/6973367/dallas-cowboys-play-safe-terence-newman-rule-cb-vs-san-francisco-49ers

Per ESPN Teremece Newman has been ruled out for this weekend's game.

---------- Post added September-15th-2011 at 04:12 PM ----------

"Terence has to have it just right," Jones said. "It isn't just right. Hopefully, it could be there next week. What we're doing is being ultraconservative because he had something similar to this [three] years ago, and we thought we got him back there a little quick, so we're being ultrasensitive. If this were the Super Bowl this weekend, he'd be playing."

Actually Jerrah, if this were the Super Bowl he'd be golfing.

Sounds like the optimism coming from Skins camp scares you...

Rex is currently playing well (350 yards 2 TDs against the Giants). It looks like he is about to rejuvinate his career. This is not just the opinion of skins fans, but folks around the league are getting on the bandwagon as well.

Cowboys fans are the only fans in the league, still thinking the skins are the worst team in the league; will win 2-4 games and draft luck - you guys are setting yourselves up for dissapointment; boy are you in for a suprise. The skins players beleive... ; MIke Shanahan feels like he's building something; the Skins are hitting on ALL cylinders, and they look like a suprise team - right now.

I recommend you put the offseason articles down, and actually watch a Redskins game. Else you're in for a shocker.

Rex fits Kyles system. He's been playing well for about 4 weeks now - he's thrown for 300 yards in 3/4 of his last 4 starts). If you want to stick your fingers in your ears; pretend it's not happening, well, I'll leave that up to you.

Also, just a fun fact: The last time he started 16 games, he took his team to the SuperBowl - something Romo sits to pee has never done.

I'm not a Romo sits to pee hater, and I think he'll have good games this season (likely starting this week against the hapless 49ers). As to Rex, it's likely that he'll have a good year with the weapons he has + a dynamic system (;I think either qb will). He could have a career day against Arizona this week - they have a weak secondary.

I know it breaks your heart, but Shanny knows what he's doing. It looks like he was right, and all of the naysayers were wrong.

Archived