Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS Power Rankings have us at 14. MET and learn from it. Maybe read the rules or something.

orlskinsfan

Yep, don't need to pay attention to that roller coaster ride.

If the Redskins play well, "See, I told you they were better than they were predicted, I was one of the few preaching about how improved this team was."

If the Redskins lose, "Same old Redskins. This franchise has so many things wrong and not enough talent, they will be lucky to win another game."

WEEI Sports Radio

23. (28) Redskins (1-0) — The mistake-free Rex Grossman was very impressive in Week 1. The Redskins starter threw for over 300 yards and had one of the prettiest touchdown passes of the week. Much credit has to go to the Redskins defense as well. They stopped the Giants nine out of ten times on third down.

Fox Sports

15. (25)Yes, this is a huge jump for a team that has won just one game, but the Redskins displayed an improved defense and a solid running attack. Rex Grossman has a history of being inconsistent, but the veteran quarterback played well Sunday.

GCOBB.com

15. (23)Washington Redskins; 1-0: Rex Grossman was impressive playing mistake free football. The Redskins defense wasn’t half bad either.

Technically (though I agree the early rankings don't mean much), we are where we should be. We didn't know where we would be going into week 1. Now I will say, we will continue to improve. We won a game we should have won. Something we constantly failed to do in the past. The win was not easy. They still have a good pass rush without key players. I think we build of it though and make no mistake...by week 4 or 5. It's gonna get real hectic for our opponents. 19 is cool. We are still under the radar.

HTTR!!!

I was initially pissed at the fact that we were ranked so low coming into the season but then reconsidered. These talking heads have their favs. Clearly no one really does any research. All four NFC East teams reshuffled their o-line. But apparently only the Skinz were negatively affected. Philly could argueably have the worst front five.

I think people (including analysts) are taking the win to the extreme. If we were to lose like the Steelers did to the Ravens we would be placed dead last in all power rankings and this forum would be nothing but rants.

With Landry back, if he is in his A game(which is unlikely with the time he missed), I'm thinking at the very least we could do is 7-9. If things go well, I could see us in 14th. The more samples the better the hypothesis so we will have to take it (as Shanny is known to say) day by day.

Archived