Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After Week 1 impressions (I know it's only 1 Week), our schedule looks very tough!!

timdaley73

When the 2011 schedule came out, I know I was thinking that there are some "Gimme" games (i.e. @Carolina, @Buffalo, and etc...). But, after Week 1 impressions, the schedule looks tougher!

1 Sun, Sep 11 vsNew York W28-14

2 Sun, Sep 18 vsArizona 1:00 PM (Kolb looked decent)

3 Mon, Sep 26 @Dallas 8:30 PM

4 Sun, Oct 2 @St. Louis 1:00 PM (Should be tougher game as we saw the DAGles having a hard time) - intentionally edited... :-)

5 BYE WEEK

6 Sun, Oct 16 vsPhiladelphia 1:00 PM

7 Sun, Oct 23 @Carolina 1:00 PM (Cam Newton looked good as a rookie)

8 Sun, Oct 30 @Buffalo 4:05 PM (Rising Bills?)

9 Sun, Nov 6 vsSan Francisco 1:00 PM (Looked consistent against the Seahawks)

10 Sun, Nov 13 @Miami 1:00 PM (Was hanging against the Patriots in the first half)

11 Sun, Nov 20 vsDallas 1:00 PM

12 Sun, Nov 27 @Seattle 4:05 PM (Still possibly a "Gimme")

13 Sun, Dec 4 vsNew York 1:00 PM

14 Sun, Dec 11 vsNew England 1:00 PM

15 Sun, Dec 18 @New York 1:00 PM

16 Sat, Dec 24 vsMinnesota 1:00 PM (Could be dangerous with McNabb wanting payback along with Peterson)

17 Sun, Jan 1 @Philadelphia 1:00 PM

How does your impression of Week 1 affect your view of the schedule?

Too early to tell. Kolb is still, to me just an above average QB and we only have one WR to cover still. The Rams always give us a hard time, but they had a lot of injuries. Newton looked good....one game and he's a rookie. I'm interested to see what people say when he has three bad games in a row. Bills....hard to say, the Chiefs are falling apart under Hailey so I don't know what they look like really. I could go on...it's just too early to tell. All we can do is game plan and play as well as we can. We are a lot better. And with what you saw in week one, are you really worried about McNabb wanting payback. What's he gonna do, throw for 50 yards??

Too early to tell. Kolb is still, to me just an above average QB and we only have one WR to cover still. The Rams always give us a hard time, but they had a lot of injuries. Newton looked good....one game and he's a rookie. I'm interested to see what people say when he has three bad games in a row. Bills....hard to say, the Chiefs are falling apart under Hailey so I don't know what they look like really. I could go on...it's just too early to tell. All we can do is game plan and play as well as we can. We are a lot better. And with what you saw in week one, are you really worried about McNabb wanting payback. What's he gonna do, throw for 50 yards??

Supposely it would take McNabb at his current pace up to week 14 to catch Tom Brady's passing yards from last night.

To add my own thoughts. After watch a lot of the games on Sunday I feel more confident about our schedule. This was an awkward week 1, because of the shorter preseason and think things will even out as the weeks go on. I am not worried about Cam Newton, he did it against the Card's D. I think the Skins have a real shot at being above .500 or possibly get 10 wins if the D does what it did on Sunday and our Offense continues to show we have a lot of threats.

I can do the opposite:

1 Sun, Sep 11 vsNew York W28-14

2 Sun, Sep 18 vsArizona 1:00 PM (Allowed 422yds passing to a rookie QB who not many thought would be any good)

3 Mon, Sep 26 @Dallas 8:30 PM

4 Sun, Oct 2 @St. Louis 1:00 PM (Already battling injuries to key players)

5 BYE WEEK

6 Sun, Oct 16 vsPhiladelphia 1:00 PM

7 Sun, Oct 23 @Carolina 1:00 PM (Cam Newton is still a rookie so who knows what he'll do week to week)

8 Sun, Oct 30 @Buffalo 4:05 PM (Should be better than last year, but who knows)

9 Sun, Nov 6 vsSan Francisco 1:00 PM (Still don't have a QB)

10 Sun, Nov 13 @Miami 1:00 PM (Just allowed 511yds passing to the Patriots)

11 Sun, Nov 20 vsDallas 1:00 PM

12 Sun, Nov 27 @Seattle 4:05 PM (Should win this one)

13 Sun, Dec 4 vsNew York 1:00 PM

14 Sun, Dec 11 vsNew England 1:00 PM

15 Sun, Dec 18 @New York 1:00 PM

16 Sat, Dec 24 vsMinnesota 1:00 PM (McNabb won't be playing by this point and even if he does, does a guy that just threw for 39yds scare you?)

17 Sun, Jan 1 @Philadelphia 1:00 PM

On Paper:

Should Win

Tough Game

Should Lose

2 Sun, Sep 18 vs Arizona 1:00 PM - Passing Game could hurt us big time.

3 Mon, Sep 26 @Dallas 8:30 PM - Late game against a division rival, I've already seen this movie.

4 Sun, Oct 2 @St. Louis 1:00 PM - I like teams we can hurt by stopping the run and I think St Louis is one such team.

5 BYE WEEK

6 Sun, Oct 16 vs Philadelphia 1:00 PM - On paper they are a nightmare of a matchup.

7 Sun, Oct 23 @Carolina 1:00 PM - Rookie QB and even with a 400+ yard game they still lost. This team is terrible.

8 Sun, Oct 30 @Buffalo 4:05 PM - I'm not a believer in Fitzpatrick.

9 Sun, Nov 6 vs San Francisco 1:00 PM - Stop the run and they are nothing.

10 Sun, Nov 13 @Miami 1:00 PM - I am not a believer in Chad Henne

11 Sun, Nov 20 vs Dallas 1:00 PM - They can run, pass, and pass rush. I think any team that can do that will give us fits.

12 Sun, Nov 27 @Seattle 4:05 PM - This team, IMO, is hot garbage.

13 Sun, Dec 4 vs New York Jets1:00 PM - Jets will be making their playoff push and that defense in december is mean.

14 Sun, Dec 11 vs New England 1:00 PM - If we lost by 14 or less I'd be pleased.

15 Sun, Dec 18 @New York 1:00 PM - They may be healthier and looking for payback.

16 Sat, Dec 24 vs Minnesota 1:00 PM - Not a McNabb believer and frankly I don't think the Vikings are very good.

17 Sun, Jan 1 @Philadelphia 1:00 PM - If they rest their starters this could be easy, if not...

IMO, there are no gimme games given our history of playing up or down to our opponents level.

With the new energy surrounding the team, I could see us at 3-1 coming out of the bye. I think thats saying alot.

Generally I expect to split all division games (so Dallas wins at home). The St.Louis game is a second consecutive road game which is tough. But, St.Louis has some injuries to key people after week #1.

The Buffalo game is a tough one that jumps out on the schedule. Again, second consecutive road game, and it is played in Toronto. Toronto is the closest Canadian market to Buffalo so it will not be like a neutral site game like London England.

I will be at the Buffalo game. Just trying to decide if I should wear my ST pro bowl jersey, or my Landry home jersey.

I think to make playoffs we need to start 3-1 (Beat the Giants, then Arizona, at Dallas, at Rams)

Out of the bye, we need to win 3 of the next 4 (Eagles, at Panthers, at Bills, 49ers)

Then, win 2 of the next 3 (at Miami, Dallas, at Seattle)

The final 5 games are tough, if we can have 8 wins heading into this stretch, we can afford to go 2-3 (Jets, Pats, at Giants, Minnesota, at Philly)

I will stick to what I say every season, regardless of how tough or easy the schedule is, get to 5-5 after 10 weeks and you have given yourself at least a chance to make a playoff push by going 3-2 over last five games.

For a team in a rebuilding year, I think a 5-5 start is a modest goal.

I will stick to what I say every season, regardless of how tough or easy the schedule is, get to 5-5 after 10 weeks and you have given yourself at least a chance to make a playoff push by going 3-2 over last five games.

What happened to the 16th game?! ;)

Archived