Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Burgold enters the land of the Amazon

Burgold

My book's on Amazon. Just located it and it is listed for pre-sale. Kinda cool. When will it formally launch... I know the Borders' closing messed up my publisher a bit.

Anyway, here's the link.

http://www.amazon.com/Climbing-Stock-Hiller-Andrew/dp/0982976992/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315914164&sr=8-1

They forced some braggadocio out of you;). Wonderful! I had no idea you were that accomplished. NPR (which was enough IMO) was all I was aware of, off Broadway? Kindle version?

They forced some braggadocio out of you;). Wonderful! I had no idea you were that accomplished. NPR (which was enough IMO) was all I was aware of, off Broadway? Kindle version?

I was told that was going to be made available. I hope so at any rate since paper books are (sadly) going the way of the dinosaur. The last I was told about it was that the publisher did have a deal to make electronic copies. I forget with who.

Are you doing this to make a profit? You do realize that Profits are evil right?

Make the book a "Kindle freebie" and then I can read it.

BTW: Congrats on getting published.

lol... I am a liberal AND an evil capitalist. Thanks.

The crazy thing about this process is how slow it is. I'm used to the news world in which you pitch a story, get it accepted, go out and do it, and then it is published within the week or within two weeks at the latest. This one plods along.

I can't wait til there's a sprint.

Burgold, not to be a downer, but you realize you need to market this book heavily in order to drive sales. (I know you probably already know that). A colleague of mine published a book in much the same way you did. Released it on Amazon (somehow the publisher prints per order???). I think in his first year he sold under 20 books. And that was from friends and family.

Just being on Amazon wont drive sales unless you can get people recommending it :)

As always you know I wish you luck.

Burgold, not to be a downer, but you realize you need to market this book heavily in order to drive sales. (I know you probably already know that). A colleague of mine published a book in much the same way you did. Released it on Amazon (somehow the publisher prints per order???). I think in his first year he sold under 20 books. And that was from friends and family.

Just being on Amazon wont drive sales unless you can get people recommending it :)

As always you know I wish you luck.

Well, he's promoting his book on ES. So, he's off to a good start. :)

Congrats Burgold! It looks like a really neat book.

Thanks all. And Chip, you couldn't be more right. Field of Dreams has led more artists to the poorhouse than being an artist itself :pfft:

You can't build it and it will come unless you are phenomenonally lucky. I can't even rely on my publisher to do the work for me.

In a way, the work begins once it has been published. Different work, but just as important.

Archived