Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: How concerned are you about Trent Williams?

ThePreciating

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Oh Boy another Homer

1. If your defense is his injury hampered his play then you prove my point that he was a detriment to the offensive game plan moving forward from that moment and should not have been out there. Pretty clear point I thought, guess not. Let me try again, if you are on the field and healthy enough to play then you can't claim injury as an excuse when you were only hurt. Also every player, especially at OL, play hurt at some point in the season.

2. Fred Davis, Chris Cooley, and Sexy Rexy blah blah blah how about the LT just block?

3.Here is were you really took a turn for the worse. Your entire argument is based upon your preconceived opinion on Trent, oh and factual error's but I'll show you in point 5, so please get off your horse, here's a ladder in case it's a little high.

4.Talking trash is not exactly a mean streak on the football field. I'm a little confused do you think it's the same thing? See talking trash is just that... Trash talking. Any moron can talk trash, doesn't mean they have mean streak. Here are 2 examples, D Hall is trash talker and Landry is a mean player.

5. Chris Samuels went to the Pro Bowl in his 2nd and 3rd year, and I believe was an alternate his rookie year, yea that guy sucked early in his career.

6. Well I'm seeing the same caliber play that he displayed last season. Sometimes, just sometimes players and coaches will tell a little white lie about a certain player. Ask me about Taylor Jacobs and his Jerry Rice type practices sometime.

7. Go re-watch the Colts preseason game before you tell me how great Trent played in preseason. Remember the game in which he gave up 2 sacks.

Now next time don't come off as such a condescending Homer rewriting Redskin history and I won't respond as the preconceived "Hater" you think I am.

I just read your above post and the one you were responding to and you sound like a royal jackass. If you dont agree with his view thats perfectly fine but you come across as arrogant and an "internet tough guy" No one is saying that Trent doesn't need to be more consistent. Sometimes good or great LTs need time to come around. Some dont. Best example is D'Brick from the Jets the guy was being considered a bust before he turned it on. Trent has the athletic ability and the mean streak to be a great ZBS LT. He just needs to be more consistent. Its not out of the question to give him this year and even next to see if he can put it together consistently before making any rational decisions or giving him any labels.

........I wonder if they've ever thought/talk about flipping Jammal Brown and Trent Williams.

It might shake things up enough to get an uptick in the level of play.

Jammal Brown might raise his level of play if he knew he had a chance to play LT again.

The thought/threat of competition and losing his job to Jammal might push Trent Williams to focus more and become as dominant and consistent as we know he can be.

Neither here nor there but I'm a huge fan of UDFA OT Willie Smith that's a big strong kid that can move.

Why does defending a player when you feel someone's not getting a fair shake automatically make you a homer....

For the same reason that pointing out flaws about players and expecting better play makes me a "Hater"

See my original post was an opinionated post directed at no particular member. You decided to responded with the typical smug Homer "I'm going to prove every point wrong" mentality. Thus I responded in the same manner seeing how I don't know you from Adam. It's a get what you give type scenario.

I think the best line might be Trent on the right side and Jamaal at left tackle. That being said, its too early to make that determination and I would want to be sure about it before move TW over.

And while Trent struggled this week, he has a QB who is a statue in the pockets and was going against a future star in this league. I love Skins fans, but for some reason if a player isn't already a pro bowler they just don't give credit to the talent on the other side of the field...

How many times was there a thread like this about Chris Samuels ... how many times did the redskins "fans" trash Samuels - for those with convenient memory loss It was a lot, remember in 2002/3 when Whittley, the UDFA came in and didn't suck when he played there was a campaign to cut Samuels and start Whittley . But Samuels was special . He was one of the top OLTs in the league throughout his career he was on the Walter Jones, Pace level but he never got any recognition from the Redskins fans .

People talk about how Williams should be amazing off the bat because he was selected No.4 overall . Williams did not control where he was selected but if you really want to compare him to Samuels remember firstly Samuels was a far better prospect coming out of collage and we gave up two first round picks plus a 4th and a 5th to select Samuels 3rd overall ... Williams was a RT in collage and and we selected him for potential .... and so far I have seen he is adequate if not great (probowler) at LT in his early career . ...and for comparisons sake Okung and co allowed the 49ers to get to Jackson 5 times last night ...

Also one thing I want to know is who thinks JPP is a bum or some kind of camp scrub for the Giants needs to recognize if Tuck was in he would have been lining up over Brown ... JPP is a good player and was the Giants 1st round pick a year ago ...

Williams will be okay - people want to ignore the good plays from last night, and the fact Grossman for the large part had time to throw and their was comment after comment about how the G-men just were not getting the pressure and despite the fact the Giants committed 8 to play the run Tim Hightower churned out 75 hard yards against them .

If I have one concern about Williams right now is I think he is really hearing the criticism and when he gave up back to back sacks you can tell when he does get beat he dwells on it instead of moving on .

What is more depressing to me is in a game were we beat a divisional rival by 14 points, a team that has beaten us forever all we talk about is how much player X sucks .

Try to take some time to be proud of the team ...try and be happy for a while - WIlliams will either get better or he will blow and get replaced - but that decision will be made by time and by the coaches and not the internet fans .

We beat the giants - bask in the glow ....

1nGlRZ5gtu0

UQomh-tquIs

Videos of Trent in pass protection. Like I said before; he got flat out beat by Paul on those two sacks. But I don't see him being as awful in pass protection as some others thought he was. I think he straight up stoned JPP a lot of the day. He gave up some pressure, but even the best left tackles give up pressure.

Not saying he didn't get beat. Just saying that he played well most of the day, especially on that last touchdown drive.

He at least needs to try to hold if he gets beat. I'd rather take a 10 yard penalty than lose a QB. He needs to step it up. No starting caliber LT is giving up that much pressure in a game. If he's injured, then he doesn't need to play. That position is too important for an injured player to try and anchor.

Outside of the tackles, the whole lines not very good period.

Hail.

Don't disagree with you my friend

I think Chester's miscast here as a starter. He probably needs to be a 6th utility interior lineman on a good line. Someone who won't crap his pants if he has to come in as an emergency starter but also someone who isn't going to win a lot of his battles if he has to start for extended periods of time. Monty is competent at center, but we really need to upgrade our guards. I'm really enjoying watching this good Dolphins OL play early on.

Trent needs someone better next to him for sure. I actually think the best OT on the team is Willie Smith. Call me crazy, but I think he's capable of stepping right in and playing LT at a higher level than Trent. I'm not sold on TW. Understood the pick, but am worried. Too bad we could have swung Kerrigan and Nate Solder in the 1st :)

There was a second round pick last year making all the top LT's in that class look very bad, personally I think he needs to compete for his job next off-season.

If you're talking about Roger Saffold, he was pretty overrated actually. Probably because he was a second round pick.

Who can take Trent's job from him? He's the best lineman on the team aside from maybe Monty.

I am not in the least concerned with him. Yeah he gets beat sometimes, but I have faith that he will develop into a quality player. Like the other said we are expecting a lot if we are comparing him to Samuels or Joe Thomas. In fact, Joe Thomas has been a pro-bowler in every year he has been in the league and was the only other vote getter for Rookie of the Year besides AP, who won. I don't even kid myself to hope that he will reach Joe Thomas level, as many consider him to be THE best LT in the league.

I think Trent and Jamaal switch sides before the year is over unless he steps it up.

I think its too late now, but it could have been done during training camp/preseason to light a fire.

But, I'm not down on the kid at all, I think he'll get to where we want him to be as the season progresses.

I just want him to get there faster.

Trent and JB are never going to switch positions.

I mean, it's never going to happen. I doubt Mike's even willing to entertain that idea. "Let's see, I have a 23 year old guy full of potential, makes some mistakes, but is otherwise a solid player. I know what I'll do; I'll move him to right tackle, then move his 30 year old counterpart to left tackle. If I'm lucky, I'll get five years out of JB, and Trent will turn into one of the best right tackles in the league, and I can go into the draft and pick up another tackle, or maybe develop Willie Smith into the left tackle."

This has been yet another episode of "Why fans would make crappy coaches/GMs."

I think alot of people on here are on some hard meds or dillusional. First off it was the first game of the season, let's talk about the pressure of being home, on 9/11 having to hear Brandon Jacobs screaming F them B#$#%, let's also add in JPP who I think it probably one of the top 5 DE's in the NFC. Let's also add in the fact that this unit hasn't played a full game yet either this season. Did we all forget how he CRUSHED Ray Lewis on that Hightower run pre-season. Jesus give the damn man a break, this is real life, not Madden and I think Shannahan and the offensive line coach know a bit more than we do. Trent will be fine, everyone get's beat now and again and with close to 400 yards total offense NOT including all the dropped balls from Armstrong, and company I think the line will only get better as will Trent, hell at 23 and a millionare at that, who would really think he would be at a pro bowl level in his second year. SMH....

It's just easier for people to ignore the plays where Rex dropped back and Trent Williams was handling JPP fine and straight up stoned him a couple times, than the two sacks he gave up.

Not saying he didn't get flat out beat, but the best get beat. People act like pressure was coming off the left all day. I keep watching the videos of Rex and I see Trent playing well most of the day. I thought he played worse after his knee got twisted, but looking back, I think he played well even then, especially on that last TD drive.

But perception is reality and whatnot.

Trent and JB are never going to switch positions.

I mean, it's never going to happen. I doubt Mike's even willing to entertain that idea. "Let's see, I have a 23 year old guy full of potential, makes some mistakes, but is otherwise a solid player. I know what I'll do; I'll move him to right tackle, then move his 30 year old counterpart to left tackle. If I'm lucky, I'll get five years out of JB, and Trent will turn into one of the best right tackles in the league, and I can go into the draft and pick up another tackle, or maybe develop Willie Smith into the left tackle."

This has been yet another episode of "Why fans would make crappy coaches/GMs."

It happens on better teams than this one, it's not a far fetched idea. The Ravens just did that moving Michael Oher from LT to RT and inserting Bryant McKinnie off the street in at LT. And Mckinnie's older than JB is.

Good for the Ravens. My point is that Mike's not going to do it.

At least Oher played right tackle first before they moved him, and then they moved him back. And where as Bryant McKinnie is an upgrade at left tackle for the Ravens (and I bet the Vikings are kicking themselves for cutting him), I don't think JB would be the kind of upgrade at left tackle that people seem to think he would be. Trent hasn't played himself out of a job.

If Trent really sucked as much as people say he has, then I feel like the Redskins would've picked up another tackle high in the draft, to cover their bases, or they would've made a move to get another left tackle in free agency.

I defer to the coaches and the players, all of whom have said they've been impressed with Trent's improved work ethic, him coming into camp in shape, his solid performances in preseason (I know, he gave up two sacks versus the Colts), practice reports that said him and Rak were getting after each other....

But all that seems to be ignored, or shrugged off as lip service. I don't think Mike's ever given lip service to a player, or said something he didn't feel about a player.

Not saying you're saying that, by the way. Just saying in general.

Archived