Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please Tell Me, Why Didn't The Skins Go After David Akers?

DM72

But, it didn't, this time. I agree that under 40 yd kicks should be near automatic, but it is only the first game. Wait a little longer before we throw in the 'fire Gano' towel.

The problem is that it's not just one game. He missed kicks all of last year.

Because Danny Smith is a special teams guru, man!

Everyone wants him for their team!

Whatever Danny Smith says is the greatest gem of football knowledge that has ever been uttered!

He's so intense! That makes him a good coach! He works that gum and looks awesome on the sidelines! We love him!

And in case you're worried about Gano starting off the year with a big fat goose egg and yet another missed kick, take heart!

He's only missed 10% of last year's misses! That's a step forward!

#GumChompingMoronWillBeTheDeathOfThisTeam

~Bang

Only one kick, but until he proves otherwise, Gano is NOT an NFL kicker. He cannot make a kick under any type of pressure on a consistent basis. Pre season with nothing on the line he is perfect, in a regular season game..he chokes, every time. This team is going to need to have a kicker who can be counted on to make FG inside of 50 yards. Some will be game changers. He is being given chance after chance to prove he can be a good kicker, but he needs to step his game up quickly.

We're building a team to be competetive for the next 10 years.

You give Gano the chance this season because in the grand scheme, this season isnt that important.

You give him the chance to become the NEXT David Akers. If it doesnt work out, you can always find a guy in the scrap heap. But when you are trying to build a consistent winner and not trying to win it all this year, you give the youngster plenty of chances. If it costs us games this year, so be it.

Dude was awesome in the pre-season. He misses one kick and you want to can him. Gano is at the bottom of a long list of "worries" for me about this team. The O-line was dominated yesterday by the Giants back-ups. Now that is something to worry about.

It was the preseason...no pressure whatsoever

Ummmmmm......because we've already learned our lesson about going after players that Philly didn't care to keep?

Ouch! Good point. For me there's 2 kinds of Redskins on a Monday morning. My Hawgs.... and ****- Eating Dawgs. Take a wild guess on which side of the fence "GanO no u din't!" is sitting on.

It's not just one game. It's been his whole career.

A lot people are clinging on to him because of his leg strength. But his accurracy and consistency is just never there.

I even get scared with his extra points cuz they're all over the place. If you have a good team now,

why wait for Gano to get better later? The team can't sit around and wish he developed. Let him go, if he gets better down the road for a different team, so be it. But we can't just keep on risking games on his unreliable foot.

Liability.

If Akers is available, then ITS FOR A REASON!

Maybe, just maybe, Akers has lost his skill, but give Gano a little bit of time, geez.

There were quite a few missed fg's around the league, you don't see the waiver wire lit up with kickers, do you?

Akers was 4-4 in his first game with the 49ers.

Archived