Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This Team Pisses Me Off!!!!

KingGibbs

Yeah, you read that title correctly.

Before the season started I said I would keep my expectations at an all-time low. I said that I've been burned for the last time thinking that we were going to be a competitive team.

But, sometning happened along the way. Gone are the CP's and Haynesworth's of years past and in are young, hungry and all out effort "football" players.

I know there are doubters out there when it comes to preseason, but that's where it all started. I've always said that the preseason IS a good gauge in regards to overall performance by the starting units and so far that has held true because it carried over into game one.

What I love about this team thus far is, it is a "team." You can tell that this group believes in each other on the field and based on interviews. Anthony Armstrong said in a post-game interview that there is something special about this team that is developing and the outside doesn't need to know about it. He said there is a confidence and swagger that wasn't there last year.

I'm one of the biggest critics on this forum and I can't believe the amount of negativity on here after such a fun game to watch. There were so many positives from Grossman to Neild (who saw that coming?) and yet people are choosng to point out negatives like "$5.00 Bottled Water?????" Are you serious?!

Anyway, I'm in no way, shape or form ready to annoint the Redskins playoff bound, but based on preseason and yesterday's performance this team has given me some hope. Yep, the one thing I said I wouldn't allow to happen anymore, but here we are, the Monday after beating a team that has owned us in recent years and I'm feeling all tingly inside.

Thanks Redskins. Now I'm pissed off.

Edit: Now I read that the team WANTS to practice on a day they usually get off?! **** this team!

My only two concerns are our running game and offensive line. I think our WR group is fine, our QB is average at worst, and our D should continue to improve over the year.

But our run game did very little yesterday. Still, this time is definitely fun to watch. At least we can see something being built here. No complaints about the overall direction of the franchise, none at all. In Shanahan I trust.

People complain because they don't want to buy in. From what I saw, there's no reason skins can't compete for a playoff spot. Solid defense (except for safety position), ran the ball well at times, moved the ball effectively and out coached the other team. They might not finish 12-4, but there is no reason they can't compete for the division and/or a playoff spot. Giants look horrible and the Cowboys and Eagles definitely have their weaknesses.

My only two concerns are our running game and offensive line. I think our WR group is fine, our QB is average at worst, and our D should continue to improve over the year.

But our run game did very little yesterday. Still, this time is definitely fun to watch. At least we can see something being built here. No complaints about the overall direction of the franchise, none at all. In Shanahan I trust.

I had no problem with the running game yesterday because the Giants for the most part stacked the box the whole game and dared Rex to beat them. Rex won. Just think when teams have to back off and the lanes trhat will open for Hightower.

Yeah, you read that title correctly.

Before the season started I said I would keep my expectations at an all-time low. I said that I've been burned for the last time thinking that we were going to be a competitive team.

But, sometning happened along the way. Gone are the CP's and Haynesworth's of years past and in are young, hungry and all out effort "football" players.

I know there are doubters out there when it comes to preseason, but that's where it all started. I've always said that the preseason IS a good gauge in regards to overall performance by the starting units and so far that has held true because it carried over into game one.

What I love about this team thus far is, it is a "team." You can tell that this group believes in each other on the field and based on interviews. Anthony Armstrong said in a post-game interview that there is something special about this team that is developing and the outside doesn't need to know about it. He said there is a confidence and swagger that wasn't there last year.

I'm one of the biggest critics on this forum and I can't believe the amount of negativity on here after such a fun game to watch. There were so many positives from Grossman to Neild (who saw that coming?) and yet people are choosng to point out negatives like "$5.00 Bottled Water?????" Are you serious?!

Anyway, I'm in no way, shape or form ready to annoint the Redskins playoff bound, but based on preseason and yesterday's performance this team has given me some hope. Yep, the one thing I said I wouldn't allow to happen anymore, but here we are, the Monday after beating a team that has owned us in recent years and I'm feeling all tingly inside.

Thanks Redskins. Now I'm pissed off.

Edit: Now I read that the team WANTS to practice on a day they usually get off?! **** this team!

I completely agree with you and I too saw it in the preseason. The team just had that edge that I haven't seen in a long time and it carried into the first game. I too am pissed off because of the same things. I am tired of hearing the negative crap that some posters here post even after winning the game. Maybe it is due to all the disappointment that has happened over the years. I am still watching with tempered exppectations because of it but I am getting that belief and twinge of hope myself. This is a first step for the fan base's change in attitude if they continue to win like this.

You know how to keep your expectations in check, be realistic. This team is better, for sure, but we have some glaring weaknesses. You shouldn't expect to be a Super Bowl team yet. Heck, I'd even say the playoffs are still a long shot. But, we're SO much better it's ridiculous. This team is going to be a contender soon, and the sooner it happens, the better. Just understand its still a work in progress and you'll enjoy every win and understand the losses. They're going to come. I just hope this team blows my expectations of a decent season out of the water, but it's not realistic to believe that just yet :)

You know how to keep your expectations in check, be realistic. This team is better, for sure, but we have some glaring weaknesses. You shouldn't expect to be a Super Bowl team yet. Heck, I'd even say the playoffs are still a long shot. But, we're SO much better it's ridiculous. This team is going to be a contender soon, and the sooner it happens, the better. Just understand its still a work in progress and you'll enjoy every win and understand the losses. They're going to come. I just hope this team blows my expectations of a decent season out of the water, but it's not realistic to believe that just yet :)

Blah, blah, blah, Yeah, yeah, yeah. I think most of us realize this young man.;)

You know I'm starting to feel the slightest amount of twinges of the old "hope" gland myself. Must have been the ribs i had during the game yesterday.

I have a similar feeling, but thought it was a gas bubble.:D

It was refreshing for once to see another team BESIDES the Skins to attempt shoulder tackling, but for the OP I can only say its better being pissed off than pissed on...

Being so much better is something that brings hope in the future, that is something that has been lacking for a very long time.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I felt this way while watching the game yesterday. It felt weird because I haven't seen it in a long time...I like it though!

If it helps, it was only one game.

But, yeah, how can any fan not feel a little bit of excitement today? Hell, after the Cowboys blew it last night, on top of our handling of the Giants, I found that I have a little more bounce in my step today.

My thoughts exactly!!! It was a great win for us as fans to beat that particular team. It wa a division win against a team that has really owned us for decades. Sweet way to wake up on a Monday morning isn't it?

Archived