Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hail Yes or Hail No

Burgold

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

One more time into the fray. A march into the uncertain murk against inconstant enemies with helmets strapped and with allies familiar and new. Will the raw recruit flee in sight of the enemy or will he take the charge and plant his flag victorious. What becomes of the grizzled warrior who's survived so many test afore this ragged season? Will his heart be strong and willing? Will his wiles best that of men more fleet and strong? And what of our generals? Do you stand with them as they monitor on the field of honor and from the hillside plotting their strategems. Do you trust their design as all falls to hell under the pressure of battle.

What say you? Are you ready? Will it be a hail of hurrahs or a hail of arrows that force our retreat. What do you see and is your heart ready?

Are you ready? Can you summon the courage to believe?

One more time lads. One more time into the fray.

Hail! Hail to our fellows!

Hail to the Redskins!

And God bless on this day of reflection all those who have volunteered to fight in real wars for our safety and who will charge into uncertain buildings to save us. For all that preserve and defend us, I offer my thanks. To all that serve.

Hail to them too.

I will ALWAYS 'Hail'my team, regardless of whether their the best team in football or the worst. But to answer the OP's rallying call, my 'Hail's' will be that little bit louder next season when we can finally seriously think about challenging again. This year, I'ma 'Hailing' for the youth, progression, and another step forward on the long road back to where we so crave to be. So in terms of the poll, options 2 and 3, with a LARGE slice of 4 thrown in for good measure on this somberest of days.

HAIL! Redskin from cradle to grave baby!

Hail.

I am drinking the koolaid. I really like what I see from this team. They are young, they are hungry, and they are talented. Also from seeing some of the players in interviews, they believe.

This isn't a team just going through the motions during interviews. They aren't saying the politically correct coachspeak that we have heard from the Skins of past years. They have a chip on their shoulders and something to prove. They are going to come out today with something to prove. I see it from Shanny on down. I like that Beck is pissed off that he wasn't name the starter. There is a fire that burns deep in this team.

It's not me being a Homer because I see some of the people here who have been down on this team for years starting to sip a little of the koolaid.

Watch out NFC East, because when you play the Skins this year, it's going to be a war.

This is the first team that my excitement for may be warranted since Gibbs II started. Frankly, I've been excited about every team since '04, but this year with the long overdue housecleaning, I'm really excited to watch the growth.

I like the system, I like most of the players. I agree we need a QB and a WR. Love that we have serious talent on the outside at OLB with Rak and hopefully Kerrigan. The RB position and O-line look respectable. My honest feeling is that this team could go 9-7 and challenge for a WC birth.

I'll be thoroughly disappointed if we pan out to be the 4-12, 5-11 team many have us picked to be. I think they can be much better.

Aiming for the Paloffs!!!!

It's amazing what a good preseason will do for morale. Before the preseason, there was a part of me rooting that the lockout lasted all year because I thought we needed at least two rookie classes and offseasons to really begin this process. Now, who knows what will happen, but my batteries got recharged.

I believe in this team 100%, but let me put my disclaimer into this. I have us going 9-7, which realistically means we probably won't be in the playoffs, this year. Though I think the team is on the correct course to be a yearly playoff contender for years to come.

I'd like to answer #1 and #2.

I thought the same thing. I do believe this team is on its way, how far along that way is yet to be seen in a real football game. I don't think the team is complete and completed enough to assume great things this year. The team is being built for great things and the possibility that great things are not completely out of reach this year should be enough. If the team stumbles this year I am still a fan of what Shannahan has done since coming here. He took last years roster and added a vet QB and gambled, he lost, so be it. He quietly started drafted well and that impact has started to change the culture of the team. Obviously that needed to be changed.

I also think the poll should be changed in regard to honoring 9/11, because that is so much bigger than a game.

All Hail the Victims and Heroes of 9/11

911.gif

I don't mind if the poll is altered. I don't think I can do it. I added the last in the OP because Iwanted to salute those that fought and risked their lives for us. No harm or insult was intended.

I don't think you did it intentionally. But it needs to be changed, or you can add the Heroes to all choices.

It's amazing what a good preseason will do for morale. Before the preseason, there was a part of me rooting that the lockout lasted all year because I thought we needed at least two rookie classes and offseasons to really begin this process. Now, who knows what will happen, but my batteries got recharged.

It's more than just a good preseason. It's a good preseason with a real front office structure.

I think only a mod can change a poll once it's submitted.

I do believe that everyone voting in this poll would hail our truest heroes regardless of their belief about this team or whichever team they support. At any rate, sorry for writing it in this way and more importantly

:cheers: to those who volunteer, serve, and sacrifice.

Last year the team was learning the new system and we had to think about what to do. Now we are ready to just go out and execute. Last year we were hesitant and slow to react on defense; this year we know what to do and will be able to swarm to the ball. Last year our defense struggled; this year we will be one of the better defenses in the league (perhaps an elite group). Last year McNabb and the offense struggled in both passing and running. I think our running game will be much improved and with that comes success in play action passing thus preventing defenses from their all out blitzes because we can burn them. From last season to this season will be like night and day. I know the kool-aid has me intoxicated; but I will continue to lift my glass and toast my Redskins. Hail to the Redskins, hail victory. Go team,

Archived