Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does anyone know the best paint to use in a Skins cave?

HOGWILD1914

I was hoping that was the case and actually went there to ask. The guy at the paint counter said he didn't think that gliden was licensed to do the colors anymore. I was just going to try color match off one of the jerseys I have. I found a color pretty close to the burgundy but for the gold it has been a struggle. So I was hoping someone might know a color name specifically and I was just going to seek that out.

Good to hear I am going to try a different HD tomorrow before I leave for the game in the hopes of finding it.

---------- Post added September-10th-2011 at 08:58 PM ----------

Lowes and HD in Alexandria are pretty close to one another so I will check out both locations because I think getting the paint together will help to pull the entire room together

The home depot colors are a perfect match. Don't go by how it looks on the can. It is mixed to be the right color on the wall. The burgundy did take like 3 coats to cover a white wall though. Before the 3rd coat it still had a kind of pink tone to it.

If you are putting a bunch of burgundy or any other dark red for that matter, prime the walls with a tinted primer, it may save you a coat. I really like the Martha Stewart paints for color depth, better than Behr and probably made in the same factory. Don't think the primer and paint in one is worth the extra money though. Nothing really beats multiple coats, but primers do work for sealing and better coverage. The primers are usually cheaper and most are tintable.

When I did my man cave I used the Glidden - bought it at home depot.

The burgundy takes 5 coats to get to the right shade. I was painting directly onto a white painted wall and it took 5 coats. Others I have spoken to said it took 1 coat of a dark primer and 4 coats of burgundy.

Good luck and cant wait to see some pics.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived