Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WTOP: Redskins' Landry out for Sunday's opener vs Giants

KCasady

Doughty is fine at SS.

You all are having nightmares because he was forced to be a FS with Barnes experimented at SS last year because of numerous injuries.

I would even argue that Doughty plays more technically solid football than Landry. He just doesn't have Landry's range and Landry is obviously stronger and can create more fumbles/turnovers.

Doughty is fine at SS.

You all are having nightmares because he was forced to be a FS with Barnes experimented at SS last year because of numerous injuries.

I would even argue that Doughty plays more technically solid football than Landry. He just doesn't have Landry's range and Landry is obviously stronger and can create more fumbles/turnovers.

No, I'm having nightmares because Ray Rice drug him for 10 yards and then broke the tackle in game three vs the Ravens.

Doughty is fine at SS.

I am fine having Doughty here as a backup, but I think you may be underestimating the effect Landry has in games. Not only making plays, but putting fear in the heads of opponents. Instead of worrying about Landry while running across the middle of the field they will be thinking about Doughty. Big difference in my opinion...

I am fine having Doughty here as a backup, but I think you may be underestimating the effect Landry has in games. .

Actually I believe many here overestimate the effect Landry has.

i.e. Getting trucked by Jacobs.... or stupid penalties.. people seem to conveniently forget things like that when it comes to Landry.. but jump all over Doughty.

Actually I believe many here overestimate the effect Landry has.

i.e. Getting trucked by Jacobs.... or stupid penalties.. people seem to conveniently forget things like that when it comes to Landry.. but jump all over Doughty.

Very true. And they scream in defense of Landry about him playing out of position, but when it's Doughty doing the same, well, he just sucks.

Reed's had a bad preseason. I'm his #1 defender, and even I can admit that. But he's usually a very consistent tackler, has a nose for the ball, and is great in the box. Do I want him one-on-one with Nicks down the field? Hell no. But used properly, he's an asset, not a detraction.

Doughty apologists are always funny. The dude sucks. Anyone who has watched since he's been on the team knows it.

Which of course is why he's still on the team...because he sucks.

Well, unless all the coaches and the GM have never watched him or watched film of him since he's been on the team, that is...which I suppose is possible. :yes:

Well, unless all the coaches and the GM have never watched him or watched film of him since he's been on the team, that is...which I suppose is possible. :yes:

You also realize that nearly every player we cut, never plays a single down again in the NFL right? Im sure there were many Marcus Washington, Fred Smoot, Phillip Daniels, and Portis apologist that used your same logic.

Gee, Landry injured, what a surprise. When you look at his # of games played he's actually not injured THAT much but it always seems to be the most inopportune times.

Landry has missed a total of 8 games in his career, this will be his ninth.

The first game missed of his career was the last game of the 2009 season. We were already clearly out of the playoffs. Not exactly an inopportune time.

The next 7 games were to end the 2010 season. This was after playing through a broken wrist at an extremely high level and then tearing his achilles. We were 4-5 with our season going down the drain. It wasn't ideal but it wasn't exactly the playoffs. Landry being injury prone is a myth.

Frankly, I don't know why he's on the team. Yes, the coaches and GM see something in him I suppose. What they definitely don't see is a starting safety-- a position that Reed finds himself in far too often.

Perhaps he's got some untapped potential, or something visible to the eyes of those who know football best. What's visible to us-- the fan-- is his gameday performance, which unfortunately, has been poor more often than not.

I may not be a coach, or a GM, or a talent scout, but I'm not an idiot. Reed Doughty isn't an everyday caliber Safety in the NFL. I would LOVE to eat my words this year, but I think what is more likely to happen is that I quote them for truth.

You also realize that nearly every player we cut, never plays a single down again in the NFL right? Im sure there were many Marcus Washington, Fred Smoot, Phillip Daniels, and Portis apologist that used your same logic.

I know that this post reflects an almost absurd lack of awareness on your part, and on several key football matters.

Frankly, I don't know why he's on the team. Yes, the coaches and GM see something in him I suppose. What they definitely don't see is a starting safety-- a position that Reed finds himself in far too often.

Perhaps he's got some untapped potential, or something visible to the eyes of those who know football best. What's visible to us-- the fan-- is his gameday performance, which unfortunately, has been poor more often than not.

I may not be a coach, or a GM, or a talent scout, but I'm not an idiot. Reed Doughty isn't an everyday caliber Safety in the NFL. I would LOVE to eat my words this year, but I think what is more likely to happen is that I quote them for truth.

Is Reed a starting caliber player in this league? No. However he is a very solid backup. He can play either safety position and is a sure tackler. He is exactly what you want as far as depth goes. Also I dont know what you are watching but Reed has done an excellent job in fill in duty.

I know that this post reflects an almost absurd lack of awareness on your part, and on several key football matters.

Enlighten me please. Most veterans we cut never do squat in the NFL again.

Back to the Reed Doughty bashing....

If Reed is a solid defensive back, why weren't there any reports of the other 31 teams being interested in his services? I have no doubt that Reed is a good practice player, but once he's part of plays happening at NFL game speed he's not very good.

Archived