Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lets talk weather

DeadExField

Several weather outlets and groups predict heavy T-storms and rain throughout the weekend here in the DC area. Anyone else who played ball knows that rain games are a drag, especially when it's been raining for pretty much the whole week before. This will definitely affect the game plan on Sunday and a lot of adjustment are to be made. We all know the Giants games are pretty much brutal to begin with, but I still like our chances. The weather does bother me, as we all hope for a high flying game rather than a slippery slugger. How do you guys think the offense will be able to produce on Monday with this never ending rain? My serious concern is redzone scoring which we already struggle in. If we don't get it in, we could see some missed FGs.

I predict a sloppy game sadly :mad:, and having played the game I would take clear skies over torrential rains. I love snow games, but that'll be saved for December ;)

I just thought the weather would be a legit topic that no one else is really talking about right now here, or else where

Lots of running. In my opinion, this favors the Giants. Brandon Jacobs is a bruiser, and those rain games are right up his alley. On the other side of things, Eli Manning has developed five greasy fingers on his throwing hand over the last year. He's already got troubles throwing the ball. If I'm not mistaken, Grossman has performed well in the rain throughout his career. Remove Tuck and Osi from the equation and he should have a bit of time to through the ball as well...

I think the game's other intangibles outweigh the weather forecast.

Tim Hightower was made for this type of weather. I expect a huge game for HT. I'm guessing 120 yards, 2 Tds for his first game as a Redskin. Grossman will be 21-30 with 250+ and a Td. I think the skies may be hazey but I expect a dry game and the field should be dry too as it is covered right now

Ugh that sucks, I wanted clear weather so both teams could flex to their full capacities. Rain just slows down everything and makes it difficult. I'm not Bob Ryan, but just glimpsing it says thunderstorms Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, so hopefully by 4:15 pm Sunday it will have tapered off.

Forget the game, we've had to practice in this crap all week, while the Giants have been snug in their fancy indoor facility. Even if Shanahan took the team to a hangar, we still haven't gotten in the quality work that the Giants have. Gameday rain might be the only thing that can help neutralize their preparation advantage.

Tim Hightower was made for this type of weather. I expect a huge game for HT. I'm guessing 120 yards, 2 Tds for his first game as a Redskin. Grossman will be 21-30 with 250+ and a Td. I think the skies may be hazey but I expect a dry game and the field should be dry too as it is covered right now

Why do you say he's made for this weather? My first thought was that this was bad news for Hightower. The biggest knock on him was fumbling, and the ball will be harder to hold on to if its wet.

Why do you say he's made for this weather? My first thought was that this was bad news for Hightower. The biggest knock on him was fumbling, and the ball will be harder to hold on to if its wet.

Just his mindset going in to this season. There was an article out yesterday stating that the rain wasn't slowing down Hightower during practices and he was going full speed.

Just his mindset going in to this season. There was an article out yesterday stating that the rain wasn't slowing down Hightower during practices and he was going full speed.

I would also point out that if Torain is ready to go I would give him some carries since him and Helu are 2nd string it wouldn't be out of place to give our bruiser some carries as well.

I would also point out that if Torain is ready to go I would give him some carries since him and Helu are 2nd string it wouldn't be out of place to give our bruiser some carries as well.

Could be that Torain is our Goaline bruiser and Helu is in the running back by committee

Good topic and thread. I would think, I know it might seem obivous, that if we get an early lead, which we did a lot of last year, it would force them to throw and take Jacobs out of the game. I think the way Jacobs played this preseason, he is the back to fear, not Bradshaw.

Like any good defensive gameplan, if you make the team one dimensional, you have a decisive tactical advantage.

Good topic and thread. I would think, I know it might seem obivous, that if we get an early lead, which we did a lot of last year, it would force them to throw and take Jacobs out of the game. I think the way Jacobs played this preseason, he is the back to fear, not Bradshaw.

Like any good defensive gameplan, if you make the team one dimensional, you have a decisive tactical advantage.

Yeah I would receive the kick going off of what you've said.

I don't know if you can say a guy with fumbling issues was built for this type of weather. If it rains and he fumbles we might not see him for a series or two

What weather forecast are you hearing???? simpletons
Really?? I'm hearing a 30-40% chance of a passing thunderstorm. Otherwise pretty nice.

These are the exact thoughts I had when I read the thread title and OP, not taking away from the topic at hand but can we get some links to these forecasts?

Yea only a 30% chance sunday

And as far as players footing goes, it will be fine...I am sure the tarp has been on the field all week..also the drainage system could probably drain 10 inches of rain easily...to dry it out all they have to do it turn on the heating system

I really hope it doesn't rain. I really don't feel like sitting on a wet seat, sogging wet for 3 hours.

Make sure you get one of those Redskins ponchos and a Hail Yeah! towel

---------- Post added September-9th-2011 at 04:07 PM ----------

My main concern is in how the weather has affected practice this week...

If it rain they should be well prepared

Archived