Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kritters

'Returned' tickets sales question/thought

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this but ...

Does anyone else wonder why the ticket office ALWAYS has tickets returned from the opposing team for sale? Any quite often the available seats are better than the seats season ticket holders have. How is that fair?

We never get offered tickets to away Skins games!!

Is this is a scam by Snyder so that he can claim the games are sold out or what?

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous - EVERY game there are available tickets. I'm thinking that next year maybe I'll just purchase them as needed rather than for the entire season.

Anyone else feel the same? Thoughts? comments? Is there something I don't know?

Thanks!

Has there been emails sent out like in years past? I did not get an email for this Sunday's Giants game. Can someone post the graphic image of the email if there was one?

I didn't get the email this time either and I have every week in years past.

They are claiming that these are player returns, I think each visiting player is supposed to have access to tickets for his family if they want. The Redskins would never offer us tickets to an away game because that is something just for player's families. I agree though, that all the tickets available aren't player returns, as some are tickets that they have been trying to sell to new season ticket holders and haven't been able to yet. The prime lower level ones are probably tickets where people didn't make their payments on their season tickets or maybe they recently upgraded to premium seats such as club or dream seats. I know what the OP is trying to get at and is saying that he doesn't think the stadium is sold out to season ticket holders like the Skins claim. I think it's probably hard to to do that with a 90,000 seat stadium without having PSL's, especially with all the turnover that's been happening the last 5-10 years. Just trying to get payment from people, contacting new people, contacting current holders for upgrades and what not. I'm betting that there is enough demand to sell out the stadium to season ticket holders, maybe just not 100,000 extra people on the wait list like they claim. I just think the logistics of it is too hard with the way turnover has been recently so every week for the last several years they are forced to sell single game tickets as the game approaches.

First of all, the stadium is now around 81,000

Secondly, yes I got the email. Twice. It says General Admission Player/Sponsor Ticket Returns.

When I looked the first time, there was nothing in the LL.

No, I don't think there is some conspiracy.

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this but ...

Does anyone else wonder why the ticket office ALWAYS has tickets returned from the opposing team for sale? Any quite often the available seats are better than the seats season ticket holders have. How is that fair?

Because given their performance over the last decade even family members of opposing teams find it difficult to watch Skins games?