Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Week 1 Picks (Respect by Hoge, Jaworski, Mort, Schefter, and Schelereth?!?!?)

timdaley73

I wonder what that would have looked like if the Giants hadn't lost so many players to injury.

FYI, I read those picks every week, and most of those guys I would not consider Skins haters. The only one that ever jumped out at me as picking against the Skins, even in the face of conventional wisdom, was Eric Allen. The others have always been pretty fair.

What is this world coming to?!? Respect for the Redskins by the Redskins haters from ESPN?!?!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

I'm going to run outside to make damn sure the sky isn't falling. This was shocking to see. Hoge, Jaworski, Mortensen, Schefter, and Schlereth all picks the Skins?!? Schefter is no surprise, but a little shocked to see the love from the other, more harsher critics of the team. With that said though, I think this is simply more about the state of the Giants than it is actually about the Skins.

I'm going to run outside to make damn sure the sky isn't falling. This was shocking to see. Hoge, Jaworski, Mortensen, Schefter, and Schlereth all picks the Skins?!? Schefter is no surprise, but a little shocked to see the love from the other, more harsher critics of the team. With that said though, I think this is simply more about the state of the Giants than it is actually about the Skins.

Actually, Schlereth usually gives love to the Redskins when deserved, plus he use to be an O-lineman not only for the Redskins but for the Broncos when Shannahan was there.

Actually, Schlereth usually gives love to the Redskins when deserved, plus he use to be an O-lineman not only for the Redskins but for the Broncos when Shannahan was there.

This is true, Symbol, and those facts had not escaped me. However, he has been overly critical of the team recently (and deservedly so). However, let me clarify that Schlereth has been a supporter compared to some of the other names mentioned. Good call though.

It's not "respect" or "disrespect", it's called "injuries" and the Giants have a crapload of them.

Skins fans know that injuries don't mean squat when it comes to the Giants, or any division rival game for that matter.

This exactly, Cali. I truly believe that had the Giants not filled the ER with players, the picks would have been substantially different (in like everyone would have chosen the Giants :silly:). These guys are simply taking a safe bet due to the Giant injuries on defense. Sad, i know, but a reality nonetheless until we prove otherwise. :doh: Oh, and :giantsuck:!

This is true, Symbol, and those facts had not escaped me. However, he has been overly critical of the team recently (and deservedly so). However, let me clarify that Schlereth has been a supporter compared to some of the other names mentioned. Good call though.

Schlereth hasn't supported the Skins ever until Shanahan got there. He continually bashed them for years because he didn't like the way they let him go. He is only doing it because of respect for Shanahan. And for the record, no one outside of Schefter has ever been consistent with picking the Skins. They much rather pick the other team because they go with the ESPN line. If this were the Redskin -Cowboys game with the same amount of injuries that the Giants have they still would pick Dallas. I think that we will win regardless if they had that many injuries or not because we have a much improved team and they are hungry.

Schlereth hasn't supported the Skins ever until Shanahan got there. He continually bashed them for years because he didn't like the way they let him go. He is only doing it because of respect for Shanahan. And for the record, no one outside of Schefter has ever been consistent with picking the Skins. They much rather pick the other team because they go with the ESPN line. If this were the Redskin -Cowboys game with the same amount of injuries that the Giants have they still would pick Dallas. I think that we will win regardless if they had that many injuries or not because we have a much improved team and they are hungry.

Make no mistake, Paloosa, I whole-heartedly agree. When I stated recently concerning Schlereth, I was referring to the last few years. I really never payed attention to Schlereth until recently, I might add, for the reasons you stated. It is obvious he has some resentment issues with the team over his departure (ie Arrington). I agree that he is a Shanny loyalist. Anytime he talks about Shanny he gets all giddy and excited. However, he is drinking the kool-aid right now and that is what I was stating to Symbol. I also have to agree that I believe we will defeat the Giants regardless of injuries. With that said, I don't believe these "experts" would be singing our praises if the Giants weren't as banged up as they are. Good post.

It is nice to see that the "expert panel" has actually looked at this rationally. I feel like this is definetly a 50-50 game and it is nice to see this in the national media that they are looking at it that way. Our team is very much improved and capable of beating a Giants team that is decimated by injury.

Archived