Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Inactives for Sep 11 vs Giants...?

hunterx

I don't know if our team has had as much depth as this year, at least in a long while. The inactive list could be extremely important in how we pick players for it. Who do you think will be on the list?

I don't believe Kareem Moore or Buchanon count against the 53 man roster, so we have to come up with another 7.

Laron Landry

Niles Paul

Leonard Hankerson

Mike Sellers

Markus White

Ron Jackson

Darrion Scott

Cant really touch the OL because there are only 8 of them to begin with. Since Banks has to be active, we will likely have 6 WR suited up. With Landry inactive, it's hard to make Thompson inactive as we would move Barnes to backup Doughty in event of injury--leaving only him and Westbrook as backups.

So, two starters (Cooley and McIntosh) and Stallworth who was kept strictly for his special teams play and is probably one of the best in that regard on the team?

Cooley's been ruled out injured, along with Landry. McIntosh I've never rated. Even less so in this scheme. And Stallworth should never of been picked up to start with on a rebuilding team.

Hail.

*Edit* Not saying they'll deactivate McIntosh and Stallworth. I don't for one minute think they will. Just saying I would.

Mike Sellers is pretty much a lock to be active. Sellers is one of our best special teamers. Willie Smith will be inactive because Locklear is the backup at Tackle and if Trent gets hurt, I would think Jammal slides over to left and Locklear plays on the right side. Coaches are going to have a tough time deciding the inactive list - it will definitely be something they'll have to put together like a puzzle.

Jackson is a tough call because he directly backs up Orakpo and is actually a quality player who can rush the passer. Unfortunately though, someone has to sit and Orakpo does not take many snaps off and Lorenzo can play anywhere and is a great special teamer so he's always going to be active.

I dont like not dressing Rocky. Dont get me wrong, I dont think he is a particularly good ILB in the 3-4 scheme, but Im also assuming he is going to start, so I doubt that happens plus he has the experience in game situations there. I think my 7 would be..

Landry (Hurt)

Cooley (Dont wanna rush him back, plus Davis is more than capable IMO)

Hankerson (I keep Paul active and make Leonard EARN it)

White (Depth at Position)

Rilley (Depth at Position)

Stallworth (Tossup between him or Paul)

Sellers (Not sure this will happen seeing hes a ST standout)

I dont think this will be it, but this is what I would do if it were me. Only question mark there is Sellers because he is a ST standout. However, as a backup FB (And FBs are not often on the field in this offense) and 4th stringer TE, his importance is diminished.

First a Landry tweet on cut down day this past Saturday, and then I read it again quoted but I can't for the life of me think where. I'm thinking on here as I've not been looking at anything else the past few days but I'm drawing a blank. Shrugs, sorry.

Hail.

Ok, so Cooley has not been officially ruled out. I know he last said he expects to play and I have not heard anything to the contrary.

Shanny said he would be evaluated day to day and would most likely be a gametime decision.

Ok, so Cooley has not been officially ruled out. I know he last said he expects to play and I have not heard anything to the contrary.

Shanny said he would be evaluated day to day and would most likely be a gametime decision.

I don't think Landry's officially been ruled out by the team has he? But would you honestly risk either without a second of pre-season action? Certainly not as starters surely?

Hail.

See, all those young players de-activated would really disappoint me. But then I have wholly different expectations and hopes from this year than the average 'Skins fan it would appear.

Hail.

You callin me average ? :box:

:D

Edit : Just realised Landry is confirmed as out. Would probably replace Paulsen with him on the inactives.

Too right I am. This here board is only big enough for one English 'Skins fan born in 1974.

Step aside imposter! :redpunch:

Hail.

Damn, it was clearly a good year in '74 :ols:

Re your comment, I just think the lockout has dictated that some of these rook's need more time. Bottom line, they still need to be able to play their position, so most of my choices reflect those afoot the early depth charts.

But, I am hopefull that will change as the weeks pass.

Looks like we can scratch these two off the Inactive list.

Rich_Campbell - Haslett: "We had two 7th-rounders (NT Neild, CB Thompson) make our football team & they’re going to be active and playing for us this week."

User ID:http://washingtonpost.com/weFb%2BTJA2oAR1Ecd%2B/%2BhF8goWI6YUHMFVlNQOUtKBgd/tT03sC7QkQ%3D%3D/

Brilliant. Let it be that way all 16 weeks bar injury or shocking play.

Hail.

I think Atogwe is inactive as well.

If he is, that's a SERIOUS leveller to the Giants injury's. No Landry AND Atogwe could be huge to the damage the Giants passing attack could do. Wouldn't be surprised to see Barnes play out of position at FS again like he did the end of last year. But whatever combination of him, Reed or the rook Gomes doesn't fill you with much joy.

Hail.

Looking at those who were limited in practice again, I'm a little worried about the safeties. Landry was out and Atogwe was limited. I hope Atogwe can pull through and will be 100%, or at least able to play and not re-injure his hamstring. If not, I'd almost feel more comfortable with Barnes playing FS.

Inactives:

Landry (hamstring injury keeps him out of the game)

Torrain (hand is still limiting his practice time)

Banks (his knee is still limiting his practice time)

Hankerson

Cooley (knee injury)

Markus White

Paul or Stallworth (whichever is weaker on ST)

---------- Post added September-8th-2011 at 03:51 PM ----------

Brilliant. Let it be that way all 16 weeks bar injury or shocking play.

Yeah, I'm actually excited to see how Thompson does in the dime package and on ST.

Same with Neild, there was no way he was going to be inactive, you can't have ONE NT in a game, that's just asking for trouble, especially against New York's run game.

Archived