Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jet Fighter Flyover for Sunday's Game on 9/11?

AnnapolisSkinsFan

Hey, does anyone have a word on whether or not there will be a military jet flyover prior to kickoff on Sunday? It sure would add the appropriate punctuation to the statement of what this country does after tragedy hits us; we come together, we honor the lost, but we don't forget who hurt us. Our military finally found the culprit who was hiding for 10 years. Take that, Osama.

Go USA!

Hail to the Redskins.

I remember when a P-51 Mustang led a flyover over Fedex once with 3 F-22's, that was freaking awesome!

But the best one was when the Stealth Fighters first came out...was at RFK and all of sudden you see this big black thing..but you didnt hear it until it was gone/past the stadium, gave me goosebumps!

Flyovers usually happen just as the Anthem is being finished...so get your cameras ready! I am sure there will be one Sunday!

Just talked to a friend (MSGT in the Air Force) who works at the Pentagon. He said that flyovers are never announced in advance. He didn't elaborate why but my guess is for security reasons. But I'd bet dollars to donuts that we'll see a few F-15's zoom accross the sky just before kickoff.

Just talked to a friend (MSGT in the Air Force) who works at the Pentagon. He said that flyovers are never announced in advance. He didn't elaborate why but my guess is for security reasons. But I'd bet dollars to donuts that we'll see a few F-15's zoom accross the sky just before kickoff.

This must be specific to FedEx then because flyovers are always known in advance for VT games in Blacksburg.

This must be specific to FedEx then because flyovers are always known in advance for VT games in Blacksburg.

I think it's a DC thing. If you work at one of the buildings near Arlington Cemetery (where there are regular flyovers), you get notification about 30-45 minutes beforehand, just so you don't freak out when fighter jets fly a few hundred feet over your building. Can't begin to tell you how loud that is. This has been the policy since shortly after 9/11/01, just so people aren't surprised when they hear jet engines so close overhead. I'm sure you can imagine why.

But the best one was when the Stealth Fighters first came out...was at RFK and all of sudden you see this big black thing..but you didnt hear it until it was gone/past the stadium, gave me goosebumps!

Flyovers usually happen just as the Anthem is being finished...so get your cameras ready! I am sure there will be one Sunday!

I was at that game. It was pretty good. But flyovers are so....how can I put this....overdone? It's almost every game. I know this is a special day, but quite frankly I'll just be glad when all the ceremonial crap is done and they play the game.

I think it's a DC thing. If you work at one of the buildings near Arlington Cemetery (where there are regular flyovers), you get notification about 30-45 minutes beforehand, just so you don't freak the f--- out when fighter jets fly a few hundred feet over your building. Can't begin to tell you how loud that is. This has been the policy since shortly after 9/11/01, just so people aren't surprised when they hear jet engines so close overhead. I'm sure you can imagine why.

6. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filters.

Type in your profane word and let the filters do their job.

I think It would be something better than some F-15s. Hoping for some Raptors or possibly some F-35s

As of 2008, the F-15 in all air forces has an air-to-air combined kill record of 104 kills to 0 losses in air combat. Doesn't get much better than that! But I get what you're saying. F-22s are so filthy awesome I can barely get my head around it.

Im going to be so jealous is they do one this year. I went to openning day a few years ago. Pretty sure it was 9/11. When we played the dolphins, and they had the field size flag. I thought they would have a flyover then. Nothin

---------- Post added September-8th-2011 at 01:57 PM ----------

I agree. Send a couple of hang gliders and a balloon over the stadium.

hahaha

It's such a waste of money. I wish they would donate that $50K+ to the countries starving, cancer research, etc.

Sheesh, what a buzz kill.

The owner gives tons of money to worthy charitable causes all the time: http://www.redskins.com/community/charitable-foundation.html

Also, please see this thread: http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?352927-Extremeskins-Charity-Fund-Selection-Poll-open-till-9-10

If the team wants to fly a few jets overhead on Sunday, I'm all for it.

It's such a waste of money. I wish they would donate that $50K+ to the countries starving, cancer research, etc.

Thank you. Cool to watch, but a tremendous waste of cash.. and its more than 50 K. It should be limited to superbowls, natl championship game in college and commodore cup (Air force v Army v Navy games)

Except the pilots are flying anyways. They have to have so many hours a month to remain current, so it's not wasting anymore money than would be otherwise.

Archived