Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

per Rick Maese twitter - Depth Chart updates **UPDATED** D depth on post 48

c4man5282

Don't think redskins.com is up to date yet...they(media) received this today at practice

RickMaese Rick Maese

Redskins depth chart lists Armstrong/Austin as No. 2 WRs. Torain is No. 3 RB

RickMaese Rick Maese

Redskins depth chart lists Hankerson as fourth-string WR, behind Stallworth and Nikes Paul

---------- Post added September-5th-2011 at 08:41 PM ----------

RickMaese Rick Maese

Eric Cook is listed as backup at center and both guard spots, but Shanahan said if there's injury, Montgomery might slide over to guard

RickMaese Rick Maese

Sellers is backup FB and No. 4 TE, too

SkyKerstein Sky Kerstein

On the #Redskins unofficial depth chart just released Niles Paul is ahead of Leonard Hankerson behind Gaffney (1) and Austin (2)

ZacBoyer Zac Boyer

Back to my day job: #Redskins list rookie Niles Paul ahead of Leonard Hankerson at wide receiver - though two are 3rd and 4th behind Gaffney

FNNChuck Chuck Carroll

#Redskins depth at KR: 1 Brandon Banks, 2 Terrence Austin, 3 Anthony Armstrong, 4 Niles Paul, 5 Byron Westbrook

ZacBoyer Zac Boyer

#Redskins also list Chris Cooley (knee) as starting TE and RB Roy Helu second to Tim Hightower and ahead of Ryan Torain.

SkyKerstein Sky Kerstein

on the other side #Redskins Moss is 1 then Armstrong, Stallworth and Banks behind him

My honest guess right now is Gaffney is the #1 and Santana is the slot. Shanahan doesn't run with a FB all that often, so 3 WR sets are more normal.
He's across from Moss probably.
ZacBoyer Zac Boyer

Back to my day job: #Redskins list rookie Niles Paul ahead of Leonard Hankerson at wide receiver - though two are 3rd and 4th behind Gaffney

Just saw this. Glad to hear, I really liked Gaffney in preseason.

---------- Post added September-5th-2011 at 08:52 PM ---------

#98, Gaffney is with the 1st string. They are listed in groups of 2.

Thanks man.

I still wouldn't read too much into it, maybe it's their effort to bump up the trade value of Stallworth with him beating out the touted prospect Hankerson?

I'm not. I'm looking at it as it is. He's 7th string. (4th for his specific position). That's not good. He has time to improve, sure, and I believe he will. But it's not a promising start.

I hope Hank doesn't become like D. Thomas! Thinking that he doesn't have to work to get on the field cause he was a high pick (even though he was a 3rd rounder)

From everything I've heard and read, Hank is pretty much the polar opposite of D Thomas as far as work ethic and desire. He has a little ways to go before he is ready to be out there a lot but I don't for a second doubt his commitment to getting better and I think he will.

Definetly don't agree with Cooley as the number 1. Obvious reasons: he's coming off an injury, has not played one snap, He's not in GAME shape and Davis and Paulson are. they have taken the majority of the snaps and are in good game shape. He should earn it back from those guys who have particpated in preseason. I see Torain is number 3 on the depth chart......

I hope Hank doesn't become like D. Thomas! Thinking that he doesn't have to work to get on the field cause he was a high pick (even though he was a 3rd rounder)

OMG, this is going to far. Thomas had one good year in college and Hank is known as a hard worker.

---------- Post added September-5th-2011 at 09:51 PM ----------

I'm not. I'm looking at it as it is. He's 7th string. (4th for his specific position). That's not good. He has time to improve, sure, and I believe he will. But it's not a promising start.

It's not how you start it is how you finish. I think this kid will rise to the challenge and this may even be good for him in the long run.

Archived