Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins win NFC East?

Red8Rex

Why does everyone think this is such a joke? The Eagles only made it to a wild card game last season, it's not like they are a legitimate elite team as of yet. The Giants are regressing imo and the Cowboys are on the same level with the Redskins looking up. I bet nobody thought the Panthers were going to come a few plays from winning the super bowl in 2004 after getting Stephen Davis from us, let alone winning the division that season. I'm pretty confident the Redskins are going to lay it on the Giants opening game and we'll instantly change the opinions of all those retarded ESPN analysts who think Rex Grossman isn't capable.

No, I've just been a fan of Rex since he came into the draft in 2003. We could have drafted Gaffney in 2002 instead of Patrick Ramsey and then drafted Grossman in 2003. Who knows how Spurrier's offense would have turned out if he had an accurate and experienced quarterback pulling the trigger. It's a blessing that he's in Washington, he's going to help turn us into a winner. I think he'll exceed Brad Johnson's statistics of 1999 when he threw for over 4,000 yards and 24 tds.

---------- Post added September-4th-2011 at 11:04 AM ----------

I'm hoping the Bears are division champions so Rex can march the Skins in there and beat them down, lol.

The Eagles are now getting the love of having the Redskins 1999 season followed by the Redskins 2000 free agency splurge (if you can remember that far everyone expected Norv to make a Superbowl surge that year and all the critics fawned all over us too. We'll see if it works better for the Eagles than it did for us.

I just think it's funny every analyst on ESPN acts like they've seen what Rex Grossman can do. He's only started like 34 games in his career. I think Mark Sanchez has started more games than Rex and he's been in the league 2 years. Look how much better Cutler's and Ortons stats are outside of Ron Turner's offense.

Why does everyone think this is such a joke?

Because we're in the midst of a roster overhaul/youth movement,trying to repair a decade of roster damage by Snyderatto?

Plus the QB spot is about as clear as mud right now and hasn't been solidified ?

We're moving in the right direction,just need to be patient instead of going "OMG!! We're winning the East!!!"

Don't worry about what ESPN says. They don't seem to bother themselves with research, they just appear to state their own views as facts, and people believe it as true.

That said, can we win the division? Well, of course we can, but I don't think that we will.

We are definately going in the right direction as far as players and attitude is concerned, but quality depth is still a concern.

We all knew that this rebuilding process would take a while. Give Shanny one more year, and I believe that we will be legitimate contenders.

Doesn't matter what all the GURU analysts said. They don't play on Sunday. This year team is "special" and will catch many teams off guard. There are teams in the past that went from losing record into play off the following season.

In Mike and Bruce I Trust!!!!

Why does everyone think this is such a joke? The Eagles only made it to a wild card game last season, it's not like they are a legitimate elite team as of yet. The Giants are regressing imo and the Cowboys are on the same level with the Redskins looking up. I bet nobody thought the Panthers were going to come a few plays from winning the super bowl in 2004 after getting Stephen Davis from us, let alone winning the division that season. I'm pretty confident the Redskins are going to lay it on the Giants opening game and we'll instantly change the opinions of all those retarded ESPN analysts who think Rex Grossman isn't capable.

Because we think this every year.

Can the Redskins pull it off? Can they win their first division title in 12 seasons? Yes, they can. And they've got the team to do it. I'm expecting a lot from these 2011 Redskins. But is a division title realistic yet? The Redskins are coming off a 6-10 season, a season in which they were competitive. After going 0-6 in the division two years ago, they were 2-4 in the NFC East last year. That's an improvement. And they defeated not only the NFC East division champion Philadelphia Eagles, the Redskins also beat the eventual Super Bowl titlist Green Bay Packers. The Redskins can split games with the Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles, and end up winning the division. The roster has been retooled through the draft and free agency. The Redskins are building. And they might end up surprising the entire NFL.

My NFC East prediction after 16 games is this:

Eagles 11-5

Redskins 10-6

Giants 10-6

Cowboys 8-8

But then again, the Redskins could win the division in a three way tie.

Eagles are going to be too tough to beat. I don't think they have what it takes to win the super bowl but the reality is they will probably win 11-12 games. However if they lose Vick early in the season that could change. Their offense would be dramatically worse and their defense isnt good enough to carry them.

I think we will finish ahead of the Giants though and if the Cowboys defense is as bad as a lot of people think, they could struggle to win 9 games.

So in order to win, we need to exceed our own expectations and hope for disaster in Philly, and hope for nothing to improve in Dallas or New York. Tough sell, man. I don't think its gonna happen this year but its probably closer than a lot of people think.

Archived