Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Mario Bros. Game (poll)

Sticksboi05

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I went with Super Mario 3. The leap that game made from Super Mario 2 was incredible, the worlds were varied and interesting. I do also like Super Mario World for the SNES, but Super Mario 3 takes it for me.

---------- Post added September-2nd-2011 at 11:23 AM ----------

Also, isn't there a Super Mario Brothers game for the Wii, that isn't Galaxy. In the Red Box? I'd swear I own this.

personally, I wouldn't include Yoshi's Island on the list because its really a yoshi game rather than a Mario game. Missing from the list are New Super Mario Bros Wii and all the handheld games.

all that aside, I'll take Super Mario World. So many hidden exits, branching overworld map, star world, Yoshi... and who could forget the Special world with levels such as Gnarly and Tubular?

Also, isn't there a Super Mario Brothers game for the Wii, that isn't Galaxy. In the Red Box? I'd swear I own this.

Yes, there is. You can play multiple players at the same time as well and bounce off each other and throw each other. Real fun game.

I voted SM64. It was so in-depth, such a long, involving game, and it was such a big leap forward from the traditional games. 3 and SNES are both real close 2nds tho.

Super Mario III was a cultural phenomenon. I still have nightmares about that guy Lucas from "The Wizard." He was so bad with the powerglove.

BTW- You may have forgotten about the granddaddy of them all "Mario Brothers." I think it may have started on Atari, but I know there was as NES version too. Pre- SMB.

No Paper Mario, Mario Party, Mario Kart, etc.? Regardless, SM64 is my favorite. Easily my childhood defining game. SMB3 and SMW are also favorites.

"This only counts the main series so Super Mario RPG is not included as great as it is."

---------- Post added September-2nd-2011 at 12:12 PM ----------

Where the hell is mario kart ?

Is that a Mario Bros. game in the main series?

---------- Post added September-2nd-2011 at 12:16 PM ----------

personally, I wouldn't include Yoshi's Island on the list because its really a yoshi game rather than a Mario game. Missing from the list are New Super Mario Bros Wii and all the handheld games.

all that aside, I'll take Super Mario World. So many hidden exits, branching overworld map, star world, Yoshi... and who could forget the Special world with levels such as Gnarly and Tubular?

Yeah, the handheld's are not in this because some of them are just re-makes and it's easier to just stick to consoles.

But I did forget Super Mario Bros. Wii - blast! Not that it has any business next to the legendary games on here though. Good, not great.

Archived