Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FOXSports: Giants LB ruptures patella tendon, ACL

tr1

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/New-York-Giants-linebacker-Clint-Sintim-injures-knee-090211

FOXBOROUGH, Mass.

Giants backup linebacker Clint Sintim's career appears to be in jeopardy after he suffered a devastating injury to his right knee Thursday.

Sintim, a former second-round pick, ruptured the patella tendon and likely severed the ACL after a chop block in the third quarter of the team's 18-17 exhibition win over the Patriots.

It was the same knee in which Sintim tore the ACL last season, resulting in a grueling rehab and comeback that came to a jarring halt at Gillette Stadium.

"As soon as I hit, I knew," an emotional Sintim said afterward. "It's unfortunate. I worked really hard to get back, and, um ... it's just unfortunate. But that's the way football is. I'm going to give myself a couple of days, and I'm going to get back on the grind."

---------- Post added September-2nd-2011 at 06:59 AM ----------

Bad luck for the Giants.

That sucks but i kind of feel the same way as Bang....does that make me a bad person??? :whoknows:

Nah, and it doesn't make me bad either.It's nothing personal against the people that are the players.

But the Giants are a rival we must defeat. Them being weakened coming in is nothing I can feel too bad about.

Injuries in football are not flukes of unusually bad luck, they're a reality all teams must deal with. There really isn't anything any team can do to prevent injuries. Fate deals the cards on this issue.

So while you and I may sound like we're cheering injury... we are, but not in a malicious way. If Eli Manning fell down his steps tomorrow and sprained his ankle and we had David Carr to face, I'd be turning handsprings. But it's nothing against Eli. He just wears the wrong colors is all.

~Bang

I feel bad for the Giants right now. That being said, if we don't score at least 4 touchdowns on them in the season opener, I will displace my anger towards our incompetent offense and place it squarely on the shoulders of the struggling Giants defense.

Nah, and it doesn't make me bad either.It's nothing personal against the people that are the players.

But the Giants are a rival we must defeat. Them being weakened coming in is nothing I can feel too bad about.

Injuries in football are not flukes of unusually bad luck, they're a reality all teams must deal with. There really isn't anything any team can do to prevent injuries. Fate deals the cards on this issue.

So while you and I may sound like we're cheering injury... we are, but not in a malicious way. If Eli Manning fell down his steps tomorrow and sprained his ankle and we had David Carr to face, I'd be turning handsprings. But it's nothing against Eli. He just wears the wrong colors is all.

~Bang

I'm sure there were no tears shed by Giants fans when we had all of those key injuries through out the past few years. I never like to take glory in someone getting hurt, but its not really our problem.

Careful Skins fans. Last time we said something about a Giants injury, Jenkins went down. I know you guys aren't being malicious, but lets temper our excitement.

Don't worry. I had my finger in my ear when I said it.

That definitely offsets any bad juju.

~Bang

That sucks for Sintim. Getting injured is tough to take, especially when the previous year he tore the same ACL. This time the injury is worse, but it happened on a dirty play.

---------- Post added September-2nd-2011 at 11:23 AM ----------

I'm sure there were no tears shed by Giants fans when we had all of those key injuries through out the past few years. I never like to take glory in someone getting hurt, but its not really our problem.

That doesn't make it right. I for one would rather beat a team at full strenght, but now that it has happened, I don't mind the advantage.

I have a lot of respect for the NYG. Probably coming from the days when Gibbs were here and they were the only team we really had difficulty with. That and they are our oldest rival. Both teams have a lot of respect for one another. It's not like the Eagles and Cowboys.

That doesn't make it right. I for one would rather beat a team at full strenght, but now that it has happened, I don't mind the advantage.

I have a lot of respect for the NYG. Probably coming from the days when Gibbs were here and they were the only team we really had difficulty with. That and they are our oldest rival. Both teams have a lot of respect for one another. It's not like the Eagles and Cowboys.

Doesn't make what right, exactly? Again, on a personal level, i feel bad for anyone who gets injured. They have dreams and goals that are ruined for an entire year, all on one play. Really sad... The grand scheme of things (thinking about the Giants organization), i can care less. I don't care about full strength, half strength, no strength. All i care about is beating the Giants into a PULP on Sept. 11th. We haven't beaten them since my son was drinking formula out of a baby bottle. Now he's in Kindergarten :ols: :doh:

---------- Post added September-2nd-2011 at 11:54 AM ----------

Every single fan feels good inside when he learns that a player on a team in his division has been injured and will lose time. However, most lie about it. Deep down, we all do a fist pump. Just keeping it real.

I'm just keeping it real....

Don't worry. I had my finger in my ear when I said it.

That definitely offsets any bad juju.

~Bang

Well then I'm satisfied.:ols::pfft:

Every single fan feels good inside when he learns that a player on a team in his division has been injured and will lose time. However, most lie about it. Deep down, we all do a fist pump. Just keeping it real.

I don't know about fist pumps, but from a competitive standpoint, you are automatically feeling an advantage.

Archived