Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Projecting the Practice Squad

Hitman21ST

Here's my projected PS

PS Offense (6): Hurt, Oldenburg, Royster, Robinson, Paul, 1 QB (to run scout team) -- Clemens and Gutierrez don't fit and we cut Chapell so.... we need to find one to run the scouts.

PS Defense (4) = Neild, White, Shannon, Thompson

I think Thompson makes the 53 at this point as depth to Barnes and Westbrook while Buchanon is suspended. Thompson will go down to PS after Buchanon gets off suspension.

How did he look tonight?

Thompson looked good at times, definite potential there, but does Buchannon while suspended take a roster spot or is he like in a reserve/suspended position that doesn't count to the 53? (Secondly what about the PUP list if moore or horton go there?) I really didn't want Nield to be on the PS I think he's going to be a gamer, but with Bowen, Cofield, and others stepping up on the line, looks likely.

Thompson looked good at times, definite potential there, but does Buchannon while suspended take a roster spot or is he like in a reserve/suspended position that doesn't count to the 53? (Secondly what about the PUP list if moore or horton go there?) I really didn't want Nield to be on the PS I think he's going to be a gamer, but with Bowen, Cofield, and others stepping up on the line, looks likely.
No, Buchanon and the PUP players don't count against the 53. Oddly enough, they do count against the 80.

My Practice Squad

Worthington

Nield

Shannon/Russell(can't decide)

White

Hurt

Cook

Paul

Royster

I think White, Paul and Royster are the most likely to be signed by other teams, and I'm sure the coaches have been eyeing a few players from other squads.

In the midst of a re-build, looking at a down season were realistically not many expect much of anything (those getting carried away with exhibition games aside), and one which results matter little in the reality of the bigger picture; I'd have all 5 rooks in your OP on the 53 man to see if they can be a part of the core group going forward.

But that's me. I sadly agree that all 5 are probables for the PS.

Hail.

Here's my projected PS

PS Offense (6): Hurt, Oldenburg, Royster, Robinson, Paul, 1 QB (to run scout team) -- Clemens and Gutierrez don't fit and we cut Chapell so.... we need to find one to run the scouts.

I think Thompson makes the 53 at this point as depth to Barnes and Westbrook while Buchanon is suspended. Thompson will go down to PS after Buchanon gets off suspension.

you only get 8 for the PS

Here's my projected PS

Thompson can't play in a regular season game and then go down to PS in the middle of season.

Thompson looked very solid for a 7th rd pick. I don't know who outplayed him for the 5th corner position and frankly was on par with Westbrook who is going to be our 4. He's a question mark, but what rookie isn't? I think people on this board love the idea of building through the draft but are scared to put an unknown quantity on the field...

Is Worthington PS eligible?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scout_team

"National Football LeagueEach NFL team may keep up to eight members on its "practice squad" in addition to the 53-member main roster. They consist mostly of rookies who were cut in training camps and borderline NFL-caliber players. Both rookies and young veterans are eligible for the practice squad. However, a player cannot participate on the practice squad for more than three seasons, or if he has accrued a year of NFL experience (six or more games on a club's 53-man active roster or official Injured Reserve list.) If the player was on the active list for fewer than 9 games during their "only Accrued Season(s)", he maintains his eligibility for the practice squad.[1]

Practice squad players practice alongside regular roster players during the week, but they are not allowed to play in actual games. They can be paid considerably less than active squad players: The minimum salary from 2008 to 2010 is $5,200 per week (2008-2010)[1] for 17 weeks, or $88,400 per season, in comparison to the NFL minimum rookie salary of $285,000. Some practice squad players are paid considerably more, however. In 2006, the New England Patriots paid third-year player Billy Yates the full $425,000 he would have earned on the active roster.[2]

Players can be promoted to the active roster of their current team or to that of any other team. They have free agent status and can sign with any team they wish without compensation to the original team, if they are released from the practice squad. Additionally, the NFL has a program through which foreign players may be assigned to teams' practice squads, called the International Practice Squad Program"

Archived