Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Fantasy Hockey League 2011-12 [Draft Complete - It's On!]

Springfield

OK, so a few people expressed interest in an ES fantasy hockey league in the Caps thread. I think we should give it a go and have fun with it. I present to you...

Extreme Skins Fantasy Hockey League

Since football league is on ESPN, it would probably be easier for everyone if we hosted the FHL on the same site. That way, more people will be likely to be familiar with the interface. As some other people have already mentioned, I have never played FH before either. That leads me to a couple of questions.

Question #1: What kind of league should we have?

League format options:

Rotisserie - Rotisserie, or 'Roto', is the most common way to play Fantasy Hockey. In this scoring type, teams are ranked from first to last in each of the league's stat categories. Points are then awarded based on these category rankings and totaled to determine an overall score and league rank.

Head to head points - H2H Points is very similar to how Fantasy Football is played. It allows you to assign a given point value to individual stat categories (ie. G=2, AST=1, etc.) and each matchup's winner is determined solely by which team accumulates the most fantasy points. The end result is a win (1-0-0), loss (0-1-0) or tie (0-0-1). If selected, your league will have team schedules/playoffs and you will have the option to set up divisions.

There are three other options as well but I found the above two more interesting. H2H Each Category, H2H Most Categories, Total Season Points are the other options for scoring the league. I personally prefer H2H Points because it is the closest to fantasy football. Let me know what you guys think.

Number of teams?

I have it set to 12. That seems to be the most appropriate.

When can we draft?

Hopefully we can figure out a time that works for everyone. For me, weekdays (except Tuesday after 7pm work the best). I am also available most weekends in the afternoon.

Draft appears to be limited to weekends or Monday nights.

Both are fine with me.

Also, there is a random draft order that is generated when you join the league. We can keep what we get when we sign up or randomize it once the league is full. It's probably most fair to keep what we get when we sign up though.

OK, so I think that's everything. So, for now. Who want's in? I'll try and add everyone who posted in the Caps thread to the list before I start the thread.

1. SpringfieldSkins

2. skinfan2k

3. Pick6

4. lovetoaster

5. HBnotBlades

6. UNC-Skins

7. JMU Alum 07

8. Slacky McSlackAss

9. Goingforburgundy

10. smoreese

11. BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

12. Sticksboi05

---------- Post added September-1st-2011 at 07:17 PM ----------

Please let me know if your name is on the list and you don't want to participate. Also, please confirm that you're in so I can delete anyone who doesn't respond and open up spots for others.

So far, league scoring vote is...

H2H - 6

Roto - 2

Got Slacky, Pick6 and UNC added to the league (or at least emails sent).

As far as the draft.

Are we in favor of doing the draft all at once or having no time limit on the picks? I'd personally like to do it all at once because I hate waiting for 8 hours for somebody to make a pick. Obviously if we can't get everyone on the same page we'll have to do it that way.

So far, we are limited to weekends and Monday nights. I kinda like Monday nights because MNF will be on and people are likely to be online anyhow. Let me know what you all think.

What about tentatively planning for October 3rd? Right before the start of the season on October 6th.

I'd honestly prefer something earlier. My dad is coming to town from California on October 1 for a week and he hasn't been out here in two years. I may not be able to make a draft 10/3 because I'll be hanging out with him.

How about Monday, 9/26? 8:00 pm?

You guys want to make this into a money league? $5 per person just to make it a little exciting lol

Sounds good to me. The logistics behind it might be a little bit of a problem though.

Archived